Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 hours ago, me.so.bad said:

for me it is, my server is in my living room and I have a loud 7k3000 in it which is only used for backups - but sometimes it randomly spins up (no idea why, nothing is recognized by file activity). then it would be easier to just go to the GUI and let it spin down. 

And then it would spin back up.  Figure out why it is spinning up to keep it from doing that.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:11 AM, me.so.bad said:

already tried that - I have absolutly no idea :/

nvm, if its easy to implement it would be nice to have that functionality - if not, its ok anyway. I can do it from terminal.

The ease of implementing a feature is not the issue.  I don't add a feature that only has value for one user or solves a problem that should be solved in another way, especially when the UD page real estate is at a premium.

Is HFS+ supported? I was having issues transferring files from my externals onto my server and was told to try Unassigned Devices to mount the drive directly to my server. I have done that and the drive shows up, but the only partition it shows is one called EFI. When I use the external on my Mac, it's formatted for HFS+ and only has a single partition. When I refreshed once or twice I saw the partition I expected to see, but when I tried mounting it it refreshed and was gone, and now I haven't seen it since...

This is the content of the log file if it helps:

Apr 02 14:42:56 Disk 'EFI' removed successfully.
Apr 02 14:43:03 Disk 'EFI' is not mounted and cannot be unmounted...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Device '' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmounting disk ''...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 
umount: undefined mountpoint

Apr 02 14:43:04 Since there aren't open files, try to force unmount.
Apr 02 14:43:04 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:43:04 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:43:19 Adding disk '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:43:19 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t vfat -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdf1' '/mnt/disks/EFI'
Apr 02 14:43:19 Successfully mounted '/dev/sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/EFI'.
Apr 02 14:43:19 Partition 'EFI' is not set as sharable and will not be shared...
Apr 02 14:43:19 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:44:49 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:44:49 Unmounting disk 'EFI'...
Apr 02 14:44:49 Unmounting '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:44:49 Successfully unmounted '/dev/sdf1'
Apr 02 14:44:49 Disk 'EFI' removed successfully.
Apr 02 14:46:28 Disk 'EFI' is not mounted and cannot be unmounted...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Device '' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmounting disk ''...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:46:29 Since there aren't open files, try to force unmount.
Apr 02 14:46:29 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:46:29 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:50:16 Adding disk '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:50:16 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t vfat -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdf1' '/mnt/disks/EFI'
Apr 02 14:50:16 Successfully mounted '/dev/sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/EFI'.
Apr 02 14:50:16 Partition 'EFI' is not set as sharable and will not be shared...
Apr 02 14:50:16 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.

Edited by danmartyn
5 hours ago, danmartyn said:

Is HFS+ supported? I was having issues transferring files from my externals onto my server and was told to try Unassigned Devices to mount the drive directly to my server. I have done that and the drive shows up, but the only partition it shows is one called EFI. When I use the external on my Mac, it's formatted for HFS+ and only has a single partition. When I refreshed once or twice I saw the partition I expected to see, but when I tried mounting it it refreshed and was gone, and now I haven't seen it since...

This is the content of the log file if it helps:

Apr 02 14:42:56 Disk 'EFI' removed successfully.
Apr 02 14:43:03 Disk 'EFI' is not mounted and cannot be unmounted...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Device '' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmounting disk ''...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:43:03 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:43:04 Since there aren't open files, try to force unmount.
Apr 02 14:43:04 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:43:04 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:43:19 Adding disk '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:43:19 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t vfat -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdf1' '/mnt/disks/EFI'
Apr 02 14:43:19 Successfully mounted '/dev/sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/EFI'.
Apr 02 14:43:19 Partition 'EFI' is not set as sharable and will not be shared...
Apr 02 14:43:19 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:44:49 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:44:49 Unmounting disk 'EFI'...
Apr 02 14:44:49 Unmounting '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:44:49 Successfully unmounted '/dev/sdf1'
Apr 02 14:44:49 Disk 'EFI' removed successfully.
Apr 02 14:46:28 Disk 'EFI' is not mounted and cannot be unmounted...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Device '' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmounting disk ''...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:46:28 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:46:29 Since there aren't open files, try to force unmount.
Apr 02 14:46:29 Unmounting ''...
Apr 02 14:46:29 Unmount of '' failed. Error message: 

Apr 02 14:50:16 Adding disk '/dev/sdf1'...
Apr 02 14:50:16 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t vfat -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdf1' '/mnt/disks/EFI'
Apr 02 14:50:16 Successfully mounted '/dev/sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/EFI'.
Apr 02 14:50:16 Partition 'EFI' is not set as sharable and will not be shared...
Apr 02 14:50:16 Device '/dev/sdf1' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.

HFS+ is supported.  It looks like your UD configuration is corrupted.  Uninstall UD and delete /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/ directory.  Then re-install UD and start over.

Edited by dlandon

I've been struggling to get this to work.   I have a new unraid server in which I am preparing to run sabnzbd, sonarr, radarr.. etc on.   My old server a synology has the TV & Movie shares but for some reason I can't browse to them from the unraid.   It is not seeing them in /mnt/disks from any app in docker even though they are mounted and I can browse from unraid itself to every folder without issue.   I've disabled and reenabled docker following the directions in setting this up but that doesn't work.   Logging in from SSH seeing that the shares have ownership set to root:root figuring that was the issue but am just not sure.   Really just need to be able to use another remote server's shares from the unraid server.

40 minutes ago, Timmons said:

I've been struggling to get this to work.   I have a new unraid server in which I am preparing to run sabnzbd, sonarr, radarr.. etc on.   My old server a synology has the TV & Movie shares but for some reason I can't browse to them from the unraid.   It is not seeing them in /mnt/disks from any app in docker even though they are mounted and I can browse from unraid itself to every folder without issue.   I've disabled and reenabled docker following the directions in setting this up but that doesn't work.   Logging in from SSH seeing that the shares have ownership set to root:root figuring that was the issue but am just not sure.   Really just need to be able to use another remote server's shares from the unraid server.

Have you set your volume mappings to "slave"?

49 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have you set your volume mappings to "slave"?

Which volume?  In Unraid?   I can access unraid server from a windows PC the same as from my synology to the windows PC but synology > unraid isn't working.

In Unraid I have the following:  Only created Media with subfolders TV & Movies so far.

appdata application data - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
Backup   Public - - Compute... 14.5 TB
domains saved VM instances - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
isos ISO images - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
Media Media Library User Share Public Public - Compute... 14.5 TB
system system data - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
1 hour ago, Timmons said:

Which volume?  In Unraid?   I can access unraid server from a windows PC the same as from my synology to the windows PC but synology > unraid isn't working.

In Unraid I have the following:  Only created Media with subfolders TV & Movies so far.

appdata application data - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
Backup   Public - - Compute... 14.5 TB
domains saved VM instances - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
isos ISO images - - - Compute... 14.5 TB
Media Media Library User Share Public Public - Compute... 14.5 TB
system system data - - - Compute... 14.5 TB

Generally, you can assume that the term volume mapping is referring to dockers. Do you have any working dockers?

31 minutes ago, trurl said:

Generally, you can assume that the term volume mapping is referring to dockers. Do you have any working dockers?

Yes I have sabnzbd, sonarr working.   As well as these others:

Application Version Port Mappings (App to Host) Volume Mappings (App to Host) Autostart Log

Apache-PHP-Adminer up-to-date 443/tcp 192.168.1.117:444
80/tcp 192.168.1.117:81
/logs /mnt/user/appdata/apache/logs/
/config /mnt/user/appdata/Apache-PHP-Adminer
/web /mnt/user/appdata/apache/www/
/web/adminer /mnt/user/appdata/apache/www/adminer/

OFF

CrashPlan up-to-date   /config /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlan
/mnt/user /mnt/user
/backup /mnt/user/Backup/
/unassigned /mnt/disks/

OFF

glances up-to-date   /mnt /mnt
/var/run/docker.sock /var/run/docker.sock

ON

hydra up-to-date 5075/tcp 192.168.1.117:5075 /config /mnt/user/appdata/hydra
/downloads /mnt/user/appdata/Downloads/complete/

ON

kodi-headless up-to-date 8080/tcp 192.168.1.117:8080
9777/udp 192.168.1.117:9777
/config/.kodi /mnt/cache/appdata/kodi

ON

mariadb up-to-date 3306/tcp 192.168.1.117:3306 /config /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb

ON

muximux up-to-date 80/tcp 192.168.1.117:8180 /config /mnt/user/appdata/muximux

ON

radarr up-to-date 7878/tcp 192.168.1.117:7878 /movies /mnt/user/Media/Movie/
/config /mnt/cache/appdata/radarr
/downloads /downloads/

OFF

sabnzbd up-to-date 8080/tcp 192.168.1.117:8082
9090/tcp 192.168.1.117:9090
/downloads /mnt/user/appdata/Downloads/
/incomplete-downloads /mnt/user/appdata/Downloads/incomplete/
/config /mnt/user/appdata

ON

sonarr up-to-date 8989/tcp 192.168.1.117:8989 /dev/rtc /dev/rtc
/tv /mnt/user/Media/TV/
/downloads /mnt/user/appdata/Downloads/
/config /mnt/user/appdata/

OFF

Docker Repositories

Edited by Timmons
18 minutes ago, wdelarme said:

Can anyone point me to directions on how to rename the shares created by Unassigned devices? When I share my external drive its shared as the model of the drive and serial (Default)

From the first post in this thread:

• There are different operations in various active areas (especially the disk serial number) based on whether or not the disk drive is mounted.  If the disk is not mounted, click on the serial number, click on the partition name, then you can type a new mount point name.  Press Enter for the name change to be applied. 

• This will now become the mount point and the share name when the disk is shared.

7 hours ago, TOoSmOotH said:

Warning: preg_grep() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 110

Just saw that when stopping my array. Not sure if its a know issue or an issue at all but I thought I would share. 6.3.3

Can you post the UD log?

2 minutes ago, Carmico said:

it is possible to change Label to the partition of an unassigned device ?

GKFn5eB.jpg

If you look just 3 posts before yours, you will see the answer to this which was asked only a few days ago. That answer was copied from the very first post of this thread. Everyone should read the first post of the support thread if they are going to use any plugin.

22 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you look just 3 posts before yours, you will see the answer to this which was asked only a few days ago. That answer was copied from the very first post of this thread. Everyone should read the first post of the support thread if they are going to use any plugin.

i was confused

now i know there's no Format Label, but Mount Point & Share ;)

got it, and modifed

thanks!

My SSD mounted using UD has thrown up some errors after a restart and no longer mounting.  Anyone got any useful tips?  I'm prepared to hose it and start afresh but I'd prefer not to.

Apr 12 14:42:28 Adding disk '/dev/sdl1'...
Apr 12 14:42:28 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t btrfs -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdl1' '/mnt/virtualisation'
Apr 12 14:42:28 Mount of '/dev/sdl1' failed. Error message: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdl1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

EDIT:  I realise this isn't strictly speaking a UD issue, so @dlandon if you want me to delete it then let me know.

Edited by CHBMB
23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

My SSD mounted using UD has thrown up some errors after a restart and no longer mounting.  Anyone got any useful tips?  I'm prepared to hose it and start afresh but I'd prefer not to.

Apr 12 14:42:28 Adding disk '/dev/sdl1'...
Apr 12 14:42:28 Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t btrfs -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdl1' '/mnt/virtualisation'
Apr 12 14:42:28 Mount of '/dev/sdl1' failed. Error message: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdl1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

EDIT:  I realise this isn't strictly speaking a UD issue, so @dlandon if you want me to delete it then let me know.

If you need to recover data see the FAQ to try and mount read only or use btrfs restore, if data is not important might as well format it.

• Upvote 1
  • trurl pinned this topic