Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

35 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Try this one for me:

/usr/sbin/smartctl -A -d nvme /dev/nvme0n1 2>/dev/null | /bin/grep -m 1 -i Temperature | /bin/awk '{print $2}'

# /usr/sbin/smartctl -A -d nvme /dev/nvme0n1 2>/dev/null | /bin/gre                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             p -m 1 -i Temperature | /bin/awk '{print $2}'

Cheers,

Hi, I use the dynamix auto fan plugin to control my case fans based on the hard drive temperatures. After the recent UD update, the auto fan plugin is reporting the temperature of my nvme drive, mounted by UD, as 32 fahrenheit while the UD gui reports it at 91 fahrenheit. I'm guessing the 32 is actually celsius, but that's just a guess. I'm not sure where the issue lies, but since UD just released an update related to nvme temperatures, I figured I'd start here. Any help resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, kpereira said:

Hi, I use the dynamix auto fan plugin to control my case fans based on the hard drive temperatures. After the recent UD update, the auto fan plugin is reporting the temperature of my nvme drive, mounted by UD, as 32 fahrenheit while the UD gui reports it at 91 fahrenheit. I'm guessing the 32 is actually celsius, but that's just a guess. I'm not sure where the issue lies, but since UD just released an update related to nvme temperatures, I figured I'd start here. Any help resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

I would say the 32 F temperature display is the problem and you need to post about it on the dynamix plugin thread.

Dude, Thanks for such a great plugin!

Recently(2days ago) moved from Freenas to unRaid.

Struggled for 2 days to mount network shares in unRaid with unassigned devices plugin. But then i cracked it using the following :

mount -t cifs //192.168.178.2/TVShows /mnt/TVShows -o vers=3.0,noperm,sec=ntlmssp,username=myuser,password=mypassword

Apparently freenas wants me to use the following string...is there a way i can add in "vers=.30" into the unassigned devices? If i dont add that i cant connect to freenas shares.

25 minutes ago, binary said:

Dude, Thanks for such a great plugin!

Recently(2days ago) moved from Freenas to unRaid.

Struggled for 2 days to mount network shares in unRaid with unassigned devices plugin. But then i cracked it using the following :

mount -t cifs //192.168.178.2/TVShows /mnt/TVShows -o vers=3.0,noperm,sec=ntlmssp,username=myuser,password=mypassword

Apparently freenas wants me to use the following string...is there a way i can add in "vers=.30" into the unassigned devices? If i dont add that i cant connect to freenas shares.

Try to mount the share with UD and show the UD log where it fails.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Try to mount the share with UD and show the UD log where it fails.

Thanks, It shows the same error i kept getting when i was doing it manually in ssh.

EDIT : Is there a way i can add to the mount parameters? ( eg. vers:3.0, sec=ntlmssp etc )

Mount error (95)

Oct 15 09:30:44 Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,username=root,password=******* '//192.168.178.2/TVShows' '/mnt/disks/192.168.178.2_TVShows'
Oct 15 09:30:44 Mount of '//192.168.178.2/TVShows' failed. Error message: mount error(95): Operation not supported
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Edited by binary
On 10/15/2017 at 9:32 AM, binary said:

Thanks, It shows the same error i kept getting when i was doing it manually in ssh.

EDIT : Is there a way i can add to the mount parameters? ( eg. vers:3.0, sec=ntlmssp etc )

Mount error (95)

Oct 15 09:30:44 Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,username=root,password=******* '//192.168.178.2/TVShows' '/mnt/disks/192.168.178.2_TVShows'
Oct 15 09:30:44 Mount of '//192.168.178.2/TVShows' failed. Error message: mount error(95): Operation not supported

did some more research, apparently its a smb3 thing.

anyone found a solution to add additional parameters to the mount command in UD?

Edited by binary
On 14/10/2017 at 9:32 PM, binary said:

Mount error (95)

Could your mount error be related to the fact that you're trying to force the root username? Try creating and connecting as a non-privileged user.

3 hours ago, binary said:

Where do these parameters come from or where could i find them? " rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777  "

Those parameters are set according to the type of file system, in this case cifs, and are not really available to modify by the user.  The issue you are running into is the security level that samba uses when mounting a cifs file system.  This has come up before and I do not have a good solution for UD to handle this situation.

The solution that @johnnie.black came up with is the best solution for the moment until I can figure out a better way for UD to handle it.  Limiting the smb protocol on the Freenas is the best answer.

10 hours ago, dlandon said:

Those parameters are set according to the type of file system, in this case cifs, and are not really available to modify by the user.  The issue you are running into is the security level that samba uses when mounting a cifs file system.  This has come up before and I do not have a good solution for UD to handle this situation.

The solution that @johnnie.black came up with is the best solution for the moment until I can figure out a better way for UD to handle it.  Limiting the smb protocol on the Freenas is the best answer.

Thanks & Thanks @johnnie.black ! stupid configuration of smb in freenas...from my part. All working now

I have a problem when the plugin tried to mount a samba share that for some reason is not responding or it's down. The whole web gui hangs for ever. Is there any way if the samba share times out to stop trying to mount it or whatever the plugin is down and makes the web gui unresponsive? Thanks

4 hours ago, etsi said:

I have a problem when the plugin tried to mount a samba share that for some reason is not responding or it's down. The whole web gui hangs for ever. Is there any way if the samba share times out to stop trying to mount it or whatever the plugin is down and makes the web gui unresponsive? Thanks

What version of unRAID?  What version of UD?  Post the UD log.

I have a situation related to the SageTV Docker that I hope UD can help with.  I have a Win7 VM that hosts recording software (no linux drivers for these tuners).  Sagetv Docker instructs the windows tuner software what to record and to save it to the array, but it errors out.  The software has worked for years with windows SageTV recording to a UNC path, but I cannot get it to find the array even if using the UNC path to the media folders that windows can see. I found the below quoted from the sagetv forums and am trying to replicate but I'm not clear on how.

"I have the Windows server with the R5000 configured with a c:\mnt\Sage_Recordings and as I said, this is an NFS share to the Linux SageTV server as well. When Sage says to record to /mnt/R5000_Recordings, the R5000 shows it is doing a "Save As" to /mnt/R5000_Recordings/<progran name>".

First off, does this NFS share and its contents live on the windows box with UNRAID mounting it remotely? Or is this physically located on UNRAID with something set up to make windows see it as a local drive?  Either way,  I am attempting to use UD to set up the NFS share but am not clear on which device the host is (UNRAID or windows VM) based on this question.  Does UD only pull in remote shares to treat as its own, or is it also capable of setting up a local NFS share that is part of the windows could mount as a local drive (given that I can't use UNC on UNRAID)?

End goal is for all recordings to land on the array, so I am also open to any other solutions. tia

13 hours ago, dlandon said:

What version of unRAID?  What version of UD?  Post the UD log.

Unraid 6.3.5.  Do I have to specify an option somewhere because there is almost nothing in unassigned.devices.log. I had to remove the share via the config file because web gui was not working.

4 hours ago, etsi said:

Unraid 6.3.5.  Do I have to specify an option somewhere because there is almost nothing in unassigned.devices.log. I had to remove the share via the config file because web gui was not working.

There is no option regarding the log.  There will be UD log entries when the cifs mount is attempted and some entries in the unRAID syslog.  I'd like to see those log entries.  Just telling me "it's broken" does not give me enough information to help you.

What do you mean that you had to remove the share via the config file?  Is that share auto mounted?

Do you have the latest version of the UD plugin?

Edited by dlandon
22 hours ago, dlandon said:

There is no option regarding the log.  There will be UD log entries when the cifs mount is attempted and some entries in the unRAID syslog.  I'd like to see those log entries.  Just telling me "it's broken" does not give me enough information to help you.

What do you mean that you had to remove the share via the config file?  Is that share auto mounted?

Do you have the latest version of the UD plugin?

Yes the share is auto mounted. In syslog I can only see

Oct 18 14:37:36  unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Devices...

In cat unassigned.devices.log  there is nothing about the host of the share that is not responding only another share one that is mounted and working.

I think I will try to turn off auto mount.

Edited by etsi
23 minutes ago, etsi said:

Yes the share is auto mounted. In syslog I can only see

Oct 18 14:37:36  unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Devices...

In cat unassigned.devices.log  there is nothing about the host of the share that is not responding only another share one that is mounted and working.

I think I will try to turn off auto mount.

Show me the UD log.  It is on the UD webpage at the upper right.  There is an icon there to show it, and an icon to download it.

• trurl pinned this topic