Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

i'm actually having the same issue.... trying to remove a partition / drive so I can change the format from BTRFS to XFS and am getting the same behavior.  I am on the latest unraid (6.4.1 and the up to date unassigned devices)

Feb 19 21:52:36 unRAID unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sdb1' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Feb 19 21:52:36 unRAID unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sdb1'...
Feb 19 21:52:36 unRAID unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sdb1'
Feb 19 21:52:47 unRAID unassigned.devices: Removing partition '1' from disk '/dev/sdb'.

Seems it doesn't have a remove script for it for some reason

14 minutes ago, dnoyeb said:

i'm actually having the same issue.... trying to remove a partition / drive so I can change the format from BTRFS to XFS and am getting the same behavior.  I am on the latest unraid (6.4.1 and the up to date unassigned devices)

Feb 19 21:52:36 unRAID unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sdb1' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Feb 19 21:52:47 unRAID unassigned.devices: Removing partition '1' from disk '/dev/sdb'.

oh yeah forgot to mention i am on 6.4.1 as well

7 hours ago, dnoyeb said:

The script is user supplied.  You haven't supplied one.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

I have no problem deleting a partition.

It is unrealistic to show a snippet of the log and expect that I can find your issue.  There is something unique to your situation and the only way I can help is for you to post your diagnostics.  No diagnostics, no help!

Sorry, not trying to be difficult, just new to this.

Should i just go into where i got that line and post everything?

3 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Sorry, not trying to be difficult, just new to this.

Should i just go into where i got that line and post everything?

Since you have been a forum member for 2 years I thought maybe you would know what to do.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

13 minutes ago, trurl said:

Since you have been a forum member for 2 years I thought maybe you would know what to do.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

Yeah i used unraid for a while, then took a break and im getting back into it, i also never really did anything with plugins before. I just set it up and left it as it was lol.

Thanks though, appreciate the help.

edit: plan is to setup a single 7200 rpm drive outside of my array to act as a scratch drive for my torrents since it currently saturates my unraid array

Edited by Blindsay

Need a bit of help with my unassigned disk.  It's been working fine for the last 6 months or so but yesterday even before I upgraded to 6.4.1 it's became inaccessible.

When I click on the share in Windows Explorer, all of a sudden I'm getting "disk is unavailable". If explore the Network, it no longer shows up with the rest of my disks.  I use to see it as "Disks" I believe

I can use MC and access it and browse it.  I can also browse the files via unassigned devices on the main page.  However if I go to Emby Server on my tower I can't play any of the files that are sitting on that specific drive.  I can mount the device and unmount no problem.

I'm at a loss as to what's going on.  Any help is appreciated!

image.thumb.png.d2a6e9a8be0ab8fcc91ee326447eaafb.png

Edited by DigitalDivide
forgot info

Something funky is going on.  It wouldn't connect all day, now I just happen to try one more time and lo and behold it worked.  I didn't change or do anything.

I'm starting to think maybe I would be better off adding it to the array as a cache drive.  I use it to store temp tv shows I download and watch.

Edited by DigitalDivide

Oh man...now I can access that drive but now I can't access my cache drive.  WTH is going on?  Now when trying to access my cache drive I get the same error.  Could there be something going on with the connections?  I'm connecting via Add Network Place then pointing to a folder on the drives since Tower doesn't show up when browsing the Network.

Ok so I removed the shortcuts under Network Places and I can now access the drives.  It's odd, haven't had any problems for 6 months and now I do.  I just wish I could get Tower to show up under Network Places

Edited by DigitalDivide
2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Attached is my diagnostic file, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20180220-1422.zip

You should turn off the auto mount on the drive.  It's trying to mount and has errors.  I'm not sure if the errors are keeping the disk partition from being deleted.  Try doing a repair with UD.  Click on the four squares when the disk is not mounted.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You should turn off the auto mount on the drive.  It's trying to mount and has errors.  I'm not sure if the errors are keeping the disk partition from being deleted.  Try doing a repair with UD.  Click on the four squares when the disk is not mounted.

Auto Mount is off,

Tried the repair and i get this

FS: xfs

/sbin/xfs_repair -n /dev/sdh1 2>&1

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
couldn't verify primary superblock - not enough secondary superblocks with matching geometry !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
....found candidate secondary superblock...
unable to verify superblock, continuing...
.....found candidate secondary superblock...

It eventually gives me a Done and i still cant remove it

2 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Auto Mount is off,

Tried the repair and i get this

FS: xfs

/sbin/xfs_repair -n /dev/sdh1 2>&1

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
couldn't verify primary superblock - not enough secondary superblocks with matching geometry !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
....found candidate secondary superblock...
.....found candidate secondary superblock...

It eventually gives me a Done and i still cant remove it

On the bottom of the dialog click on the "Run with CORRECT Flag" to repair the disk.

23 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't know how it can happen, but it appears that the disk is read only.

hmm well thats odd. It was in my old unraid server (i built a new one from scratch) and i pulled it out of that and plugged it in here

edit: not sure if this matters but due to the some odd hardware setup in my old system the drive was on a LSI RAID card and exported as a single RAID0 device (bad idea i know but long story). Could that be causing an issue?

Edited by Blindsay
  • trurl pinned this topic