Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

On 2/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Blindsay said:

hmm well thats odd. It was in my old unraid server (i built a new one from scratch) and i pulled it out of that and plugged it in here

edit: not sure if this matters but due to the some odd hardware setup in my old system the drive was on a LSI RAID card and exported as a single RAID0 device (bad idea i know but long story). Could that be causing an issue?

Is there anything i can do to get it out of read only mode. I just want to wipe the drive and start fresh

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Put it in another computer (Windows?) and use partition tools to manage the partition.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to make a post in the general section to see if there is another way to wipe it with unraid.

My windows machine is my laptop so i cant really pop the drive in that (and i do not have a sata to usb adapter). Seems silly that i would need windows to wipe the drive in order to put it back here

4 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Do you think it would be worthwhile to make a post in the general section to see if there is another way to wipe it with unraid.

parted is built-in, but you would have to know exactly what you were doing and be very careful or you could lose data on your other disks.

22 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

My windows machine is my laptop so i cant really pop the drive in that (and i do not have a sata to usb adapter). Seems silly that i would need windows to wipe the drive in order to put it back here

Try using wipefs:

first:

wipefs -a /dev/sdX1

then:

wipefs -a /dev/sdX

Replace X with correct identifier, triple check you're using the correct one before running the command.

1 minute ago, Blindsay said:

Well it doesnt list a FS anymore but i still cant do anything with it. I see the "run with correct flag option" but that no luck

Capture.PNG

You can't check filesystem on a disk after it was wiped, try to reboot to see if UD picks up the new disk state, though it should't be necessary.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You can't check filesystem on a disk after it was wiped, try to reboot to see if UD picks up the new disk state, though it should't be necessary.

winner winner chicken dinner reboot did the trick (i did even try the rescan option before the reboot and that didnt work)

Thank you!

And thanks everyone else that helped as well

image.thumb.png.d58cb33a307c4699fc2c1a7179886600.png

Did a quick search in this thread but couldn't find what i was looking for...

Is there a way to have different share settings for different unassigned drives? Let me explain:

• I have 2 drives in UD
    • Drive A for MythTV Recordings
    • Drive B as a download location for Sabnzbd & hosting some files
  • I have 2 SMB users, User1 and User2
    • I want User1 to only access 1 folder on DriveB (Sabnzbd), and User2 to access everything (DriveA and DriveB)

I couldn't find a way in UD settings to have different users accessing different folders.

My server rebooted and I got this error:

Feb 21 14:23:10 tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

I was out of town and this has been generated every few seconds for days. There are over 80,000 rows.

Can you please help explain the issue so that I can repair?

There are two remote SMB mounts that would not work - the server they reference is offline. Could that be the problem?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, SSD said:

My server rebooted and I got this error:

Feb 21 14:23:10 tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

I was out of town and this has been generated every few seconds for days. There are over 80,000 rows.

Can you please help explain the issue so that I can repair?

There are two remote SMB mounts that would not work - the server they reference is offline. Could that be the problem?

Thanks!

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-545988

1 hour ago, SSD said:

Thanks wgstarks!

Wow! 

@Squid- any way to prevent this from happening so frequently. It was generating a line every 2 or 3 seconds for days. The server spontaneously rebooted and these started logging. I was out of town.

If you left a device pointed at a page in the unraid UI then no there's nothing you can do about this.   Its a security precaution enforced by unRaid and needs to be there.

But perhaps @bonienl can program a watchdog or something that when the UI starts issuing up CSRF errors that a banner appears and the page in question either stops issuing the offending calls or the page is automatically refreshed to update the token.  

3 hours ago, Squid said:

But perhaps @bonienl can program a watchdog or something that when the UI starts issuing up CSRF errors that a banner appears and the page in question either stops issuing the offending calls or the page is automatically refreshed to update the token.  

Off topic, but I was thinking the other day that it would be great if the UI could detect if it was a stale browser session and either reload or switch screens.  It would (theoretically) stop these errors.  It could poll the server periodically for a session/boot ID, and if there was a mismatch, it's stale.  I'm off to the feature requests area...

I installed an SSD to use for a VM but mistakenly added it to the cache pool after discovering that I would lose total capacity.

After stumbling about to remove it from the cache pool successfully (I ended up having to reformat my original cache SSD), it doesn't appear that the Unassigned Devices is able to mount it; a necessary requirement in order to use this for my VM outside of the array.

I'm able to add it the array (at least, it lets me add it but I never commit) and to the cache pool.

So is the issue of not being able to mount it via this plugin a problem with the plugin, a problem arising from my mistaken step of initialing adding it the cache pool, or something with UnRAID (6.4.1) itself?

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 8.37.30 PM.png

UPDATE:  I figured it out.  I first had to enable Destructive Mode in the Unassigned Devices settings page.  This enabled the FORMAT button, which after formatting, the Auto-Mount feature became enabled.

Edited by Auggie
SOLVED
On 2/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, 1dirtypanda said:

having some issues with the unassigned devices plugin and wonder if someone can help. the plugin installs fine but on the Main page in the Unassigned Devices section all I see is a spinning "Please wait, retrieving information..." It is just stuck in this state. My syslog spits out:

Feb  4 12:42:53 Tower nginx: 2018/02/04 12:42:53 [error] 4720#4720: *1183 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.1.174, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "091673bb5fb1dc42b44767e28426796bafe88ef4.unraid.net", referrer: "https://091673bb5fb1dc42b44767e28426796bafe88ef4.unraid.net/Main"

Feb  4 12:46:37 Tower nginx: 2018/02/04 12:46:37 [error] 4720#4720: *1183 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.1.174, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "091673bb5fb1dc42b44767e28426796bafe88ef4.unraid.net", referrer: "https://091673bb5fb1dc42b44767e28426796bafe88ef4.unraid.net/Main"

On 2/4/2018 at 5:57 PM, dlandon said:

Post your diagnostics.  Without it I can't help you.

Downloading from Diagnostics is getting stuck so here's my syslog file right after a reboot. Now it seems like my disks aren't mounting correctly and array isn't starting up correctly when I have this plugin installed. 

Then I deleted the plugin from the boot/config directory and then rebooted, but I still see errors in the syslog related to unassigned devices and it's again stuck mounting. 

any help/thoughts would be much appreciated! 

syslog

syslog

45 minutes ago, 1dirtypanda said:

Downloading from Diagnostics is getting stuck so here's my syslog file right after a reboot. Now it seems like my disks aren't mounting correctly and array isn't starting up correctly when I have this plugin installed. 

Then I deleted the plugin from the boot/config directory and then rebooted, but I still see errors in the syslog related to unassigned devices and it's again stuck mounting. 

boot in SAFE mode

48 minutes ago, 1dirtypanda said:

syslog

syslog

UD is still installing.

EDIT: Remove the preclear plugin and UD.

Edited by dlandon
9 hours ago, dlandon said:

UD is still installing.

EDIT: Remove the preclear plugin and UD.

removed UD and preclear plugins. rebooted. now booting up fine. does UD not work well with the preclear plugin? 

then i reinstalled UD via the Apps tab ( I did not install preclear plugin) and on the Main tab I'm seeing spinning circle with "Please wait, retrieving information..." If I go to Plugins>UD> I get the same Please wait message.  Attached is the latest syslog. 

syslog

Edited by 1dirtypanda
6 hours ago, 1dirtypanda said:

removed UD and preclear plugins. rebooted. now booting up fine. does UD not work well with the preclear plugin? 

then i reinstalled UD via the Apps tab ( I did not install preclear plugin) and on the Main tab I'm seeing spinning circle with "Please wait, retrieving information..." If I go to Plugins>UD> I get the same Please wait message.  Attached is the latest syslog. 

syslog

Whilst you wait for proper replies - the preclear plugin is not compatible with 6.4.1 yet (unless it has changed recently)

• trurl pinned this topic