Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

3 minutes ago, jmmrly said:

Hi,

I'm new to unraid and i've got Unassigned devices plugin installed. I've got a couple of Unraid shares and they're accessible fine, i'm trying to get a drive share that is under the unassigned devices section. I've mounted it and enabled share but it's not appearing as a share if i go to \\tower.

Any ideas?

Are you trying to do SMB? Probably unless you are trying to access it from another Linux box. What do you have for Settings - Unassigned Devices - SMB Security?

On 9/21/2018 at 1:48 PM, Can0nfan said:

hey guys love the plugin but it needs an update for unRAID 6.6 the buttons for remote smb/nfs connections are HUGE, can you look into this?

smb.png

The black theme capitalizes the button text and that expands the size of the button.  LT has committed to include the UD functionality into native Unraid and they can deal with it then.  I don't have the time to chase all the changes in every Unraid version and maintain backwards compatibility.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, jmmrly said:

Yeah - i've tried a couple of times. I've mounted it with it off, then turning share on once mounted and then trying to mount it with it turned on.

It may take a few minutes for the share to actually show in \\Tower.

Edited by dlandon
19 hours ago, dlandon said:

The black theme capitalizes the button text and that expands the size of the button.  LT has committed to include the UD functionality into native Unraid and they can deal with it then.  I don't have the time to chase all the changes in every Unraid version and maintain backwards compatibility.

I asked about it they said to reach out to the developer of the plugin.

I backdated to 6.5.3 anyways due to a plethora of issue i was having with 6.6

Trying to add a remote SMB share from my Windows desktop. UD finds the share just fine, and it shows up in the UD section on the main Unraid screen, but I can't mount the share. The mount button is grayed out. I don't think it's a security problem, as I've tried all the permutations of security settings in UD settings.  

2100165164_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.aabcf29ab9a5a3ee6abf48efe0f95de3.png

tower-diagnostics-20180930-1452.zip

Edited by sylinen

Hi all,

since the unraid 6.6.0 update I've been having issues with NFS shares mounted by the unassigned devices plugin. I've got 2 unraid servers. Server B mounts a couple of NFS shares on server A and runs a number of rsync scripts on a schedule to push new/modified files to server A. It looks like these NFS mounts become "stale" pretty quickly. Right after a server reboot manually triggering my sync scripts works just fine. A day later, rsync hangs at "sending incremental file list" and I'm unable to "cd" to the NFS mount points.

Any clues on how to fix this problem are appreciated.

I'm currently on unraid 6.6.1 on both of my servers. Unassigned devices plugin version is 2018.09.23.

Also, I'm still able to manually mount the NFS shares from the command line.

Cheers!

Edited by WonkoTheSane
5 minutes ago, WonkoTheSane said:

Hi all,

since the unraid 6.6.0 update I've been having issues with NFS shares mounted by the unassigned devices plugin. I've got 2 unraid servers. Server B mounts a couple of NFS shares on server A and runs a number of rsync scripts on a schedule to push new/modified files to server A. It looks like these NFS mounts become "stale" pretty quickly. Right after a server reboot manually triggering my sync scripts works just fine. A day later, rsync hangs at "sending incremental file list" and I'm unable to "cd" to the NFS mount points.

Any clues on how to fix this problem are appreciated.

I'm currently on unraid 6.6.1 on both of my servers. Unassigned devices plugin version is 2018.09.23.

Also, I'm still able to manually mount the NFS shares from the command line.

Cheers!

Check the 6.6.1 release thread.  Some users are reporting NFS share issues that probably relates to your problem.  I doubt this is a UD issue.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, sylinen said:

Trying to add a remote SMB share from my Windows desktop. UD finds the share just fine, and it shows up in the UD section on the main Unraid screen, but I can't mount the share. The mount button is grayed out. I don't think it's a security problem, as I've tried all the permutations of security settings in UD settings.  

2100165164_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.aabcf29ab9a5a3ee6abf48efe0f95de3.png

tower-diagnostics-20180930-1452.zip

Sep 29 17:18:46 Tower unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server 'DESKTOP-JQBL7CS' is offline and share '//DESKTOP-JQBL7CS/More Media' cannot be mounted.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:55 AM, dlandon said:

Yes it should.  Uninstall  UD and see if the drive temperature shows.

I have this issue. I updated to 6.6.1, added my WD black 512GB nvme, smartctl displays the temperature but Unassigned Devices does not.

Clipboard Image.jpg

Edited by mikeyosm
21 hours ago, dlandon said:

Oct  2 10:08:05 BigNAS kernel: nfs: server lochnas not responding, still trying

Your server is going off-line.

Hi again,

what I don't understand is this. When I go to the unraid main tab, I see the "Please wait, retrieving information ..." message from unassigned devices.

This takes forever, in the syslog I see this:

Oct 5 18:12:42 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_roms' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003387s.
Oct 5 18:12:55 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_vm_bup' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.002427s.
Oct 5 18:12:57 xxxxx proftpd[10268]: 127.0.0.1 (103.78.12.72[103.78.12.72]) - FTP session closed.
Oct 5 18:13:02 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_sys' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003904s.
Oct 5 18:13:15 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_work_bup' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003625s.
Oct 5 18:13:22 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_vm_bup' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003307s.
Oct 5 18:13:35 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_ebooks' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003602s.
Oct 5 18:13:42 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_work_bup' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.004085s.
Oct 5 18:13:55 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_movies' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003528s.
Oct 5 18:14:02 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_ebooks' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003560s.
Oct 5 18:14:22 xxxxx unassigned.devices: benchmark: shell_exec(/usr/bin/timeout 20 /bin/df '/mnt/disks/lochnas_movies' --output=size,used,avail|/bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took 20.003188s.

These are obviously all timing out, so something is definetly up.

When I connect to the unraid server running unassigned devices via ssh and manually mount one of those NFS shares, it works without a problem

in these situations. I can list the contents of the share and copy stuff to/from it. So the server is not offline but somehow

the mounts done by unassigned devices become inaccessible after a while.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Adding to this: When I do a lazy unmount of the unassigned devices mounts I'm afterwards able to remount them again with 

the mount buttons on the unraid main page.

Edited by WonkoTheSane
  • trurl pinned this topic