Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

1 minute ago, rragu said:

That screenshot was Chrome (v. 71.0.3578.98). I also just checked on Firefox (v. 64.0.2). It looks the same as in Chrome

I also use Chrome of that version works fine for me.  I can't reproduce it.  Do the disks and cache in the array show correctly?  It's pretty much the same code used for all used/free displays.

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I also use Chrome of that version works fine for me.  I can't reproduce it.  Do the disks and cache in the array show correctly?  It's pretty much the same code used for all used/free displays.

Yeah, the other displays for array, cache, and boot are showing properly. I'm fairly certain the 2019.01.21a version of UD was also showing properly

PS. I'm on Unraid 6.6.6 if that helps

1 minute ago, rragu said:

Yeah, the other displays for array, cache, and boot are showing properly. I'm fairly certain the 2019.01.21a version of UD was also showing properly

PS. I'm on Unraid 6.6.6 if that helps

There was apparently a change in the 6.6.6 and 6.7 versions related to the drive used/free.  I'm testing on 6.7.

Not sure if this is a unraid or Unassigned Devices problem, but I just tried to browse a hdd mounted by UD, from the main page in unraid 6.7.0-rc1, I found the folders I expected, text files, when clicking the files it allowed me to download them, then I found a php file and clicked it, but instead of downloading or showing me the content, it got executed.

Could that not lead to some problems, if an unexpected file got executed inside unraid?

1 hour ago, mikeydk said:

Not sure if this is a unraid or Unassigned Devices problem, but I just tried to browse a hdd mounted by UD, from the main page in unraid 6.7.0-rc1, I found the folders I expected, text files, when clicking the files it allowed me to download them, then I found a php file and clicked it, but instead of downloading or showing me the content, it got executed.

Could that not lead to some problems, if an unexpected file got executed inside unraid?

The folder browser is built into Unraid and is not a UD function.  You should file a bug report if you feel that it is a concern.

17 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Go to Settings->Unassigned Devices and set up SMB Security and then turn on the share switch on the UD page and the device will be shared at //tower/.  When on the UD page, click help and read about changing the mount point (share).

HDD appears but I get a username and password box, it won't accept the root username and password and denies access.

Edited by Spies
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Go to Settings->Unassigned Devices and set up SMB Security and then turn on the share switch on the UD page and the device will be shared at //tower/.  When on the UD page, click help and read about changing the mount point (share).

Or just leave SMB Security to No for Public access (turn on Help will explain this) and turn on the share switch for the drive on the UD page.

2 hours ago, Dazog said:

Mount and Unmount buttons aren't centered.

Very minor, but some people have OCD ?

There are two groupings in UD.  The upper grouping is physical devices.  The lower grouping is SMB, NFS, and ISO mounted devices.  Each grouping has different information and different operation.  For example an iso mounted file won't have a temperature.  Just look at the table headings for the two groups.  They don't line up because the information is different.

There is no way for the Mount and Unmount buttons to align in the different groupings.  People will just have to ignore their OCD.

My original post:

On 1/7/2019 at 12:31 AM, wsume99 said:

I am using UD to mount and share a 4TB external drive on my server. I am trying to rsync files from my array to the drive. Here is the command to initiate the transfer:

rsync -av /mnt/user/Photography/2005/ /mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/

When the rsync finishes it displays the following message:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1189) [sender=3.1.3]

The all are of the following type:

rsync: chown "/mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/12-25-2005/.12-25-05(2).JPG.nkTWa8" failed: Operation not permitted (1)

I compared the source and destination paths after the operation and it looks like all the files were transferred - the count of files and folders along with total size are all equal. I searched and found a post where the discussion was about how the volume being written to was mounted and the root user wouldn't have permission to set ownership on a that volume. The suggested remedy was to run rsync -rltgoDv instead of the -a option. Would this correct my issue or is there a better way to correct this so I can run rsync without any errors. Having any error at the end of an rsync is not what I'd prefer to have.

And the original reply:

On 1/7/2019 at 2:40 AM, johnnie.black said:

That's likely the best way, you can also keep -a and just add the --no-perms flag, e.g.: rsync -av --no-perms etc

Resurrecting this problem. I've been fighting issues with some new hardware and after a lot of work I'm back to my old MB/CPU to try this again. I have tried both remedies (rsync -rltgoDv and rsync -av --no-perms) and neither prevent the errors I outlined above. Any more suggestions?

New Unraid user here. For some reason my 3TB ST33000650SS Seagate SAS drives (paired up with my LSI 9212-4i HBA in IT mode) aren't showing up in Unassigned Devices. My SATA drives show up just fine on the HBA in Unassigned Devices. The SAS drives preclear and add to my array flawlessly. Anyone run into this before?

• trurl pinned this topic