Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

5 hours ago, dlandon said:

I have made a change to UD.  You now specify user@domain for a SMB share on a domain. I have no way of testing a domain share, so I'm unable to check that, but the mount command is correct.  If the share doesn't have credentials, I think you'd put @domain for the user.

This is why this community is awesome, developer got right on it and made a custom change for one person, that is probably going to benefit everyone else.

41 minutes ago, zaraki1311 said:

Awesome. Thanks for doing that it seems to be working. Are there any tests you would like me to run?

41 minutes ago, zaraki1311 said:

If the share doesn't have credentials, I think you'd put @domain for the user.

Try this on a domain share with no credentials.

35 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

This is why this community is awesome, developer got right on it and made a custom change for one person, that is probably going to benefit everyone else.

I won't do 'custom' changes for one person.  I do changes that will benefit the Unraid community.  I am not paid for any of this work and won't spend my time on someone's custom needs.

I know what he is doing and can see how mounting shares on a domain would be useful.  If I recall, Windows servers use domains.

18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Try this on a domain share with no credentials.

Sorry not sure if I understand what you would like me to test. Do you want me to try to connect to one of my shares that does not require any credentials? Or do you want me to test one of my secured shares without credentials?

Looks like it works other than when it is a drive share using the Advanced Share. When it is an advanced share it complains it can't be found in fstab, below is the command it ran and the error. I have tried running a few test commands to get a working one but no luck yet, but that is mostly me being a linux noob. I will continue testing this weekend and let you know. If you need or want anymore testing for Windows let me know and I will do my best to help out.

mount -t cifs -o '//192.168.0.226/f' '/mnt/disks/192.168.0.226_f'

mount: /mnt/disks/192.168.0.226_f: can't find in /etc/fstab.

Hi, i am new to unraid, i was hoping someone could help me out in creating a script to mount a SMB with cron/user scripts plugin. From what i am aware of there is no way to delay the mounting of SMB shares at boot but i can see there are a few commands that allow you to mount on request via scripts. Even a simple script that will make the mount to be reattempted will work fine. 

Why do i need this?...well i have windows vm which is also a share host. the reason i cannot just host this share via unraid and then have windows deal with it is because the software on the windows machine requires the disk to be local and even when remote mounted with a drive letter it complains. This all means the auto mount on boot does not work because the vm has not yet turned on in time for unraid to be able to mount it. 

Please help me out. been trying to figure this out for ages! will be forever grateful 

Capture1234.JPG

My shares won't mount after the latest update. All return the following error 

Mar 23 22:10:43 Fender unassigned.devices: Mount of '//MINER1/Backup' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/Backup: can't find in /etc/fstab. 

I figured out how to install previous version and all is working again

Edited by StuDaBaiker
Added more info
7 hours ago, StuDaBaiker said:

My shares won't mount after the latest update. All return the following error 

Mar 23 22:10:43 Fender unassigned.devices: Mount of '//MINER1/Backup' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/Backup: can't find in /etc/fstab. 

I figured out how to install previous version and all is working again

Provide me diagnostics so I can find this issue and fix it.  Just installing an older version of UD is not a permanent solution.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, zaraki1311 said:

Looks like it works other than when it is a drive share using the Advanced Share. When it is an advanced share it complains it can't be found in fstab, below is the command it ran and the error. I have tried running a few test commands to get a working one but no luck yet, but that is mostly me being a linux noob. I will continue testing this weekend and let you know. If you need or want anymore testing for Windows let me know and I will do my best to help out.

Apparently there is an issue.  It has come up again.  Can you let me know how you entered the information into the UD dialog to mount the remote smb share?

6 hours ago, dlandon said:

Apparently there is an issue.  It has come up again.  Can you let me know how you entered the information into the UD dialog to mount the remote smb share?

I was entering just the ip address and the share in the share section. I tried the everyone and guest accounts with no password but that did not work as it complained about a missing password. 

3 hours ago, zaraki1311 said:

I was entering just the ip address and the share in the share section. I tried the everyone and guest accounts with no password but that did not work as it complained about a missing password. 

Screen shot please.  I think there may be an issue with parsing the user and domain.

Also, copy the contents of the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/samba_mount.cfg so I can see how the user and domain were parsed.

Looks like I was wrong. When it is a windows drive share I have not been able to get it to authenticate without a username our password, but if it is a folder share it works great. I have attached the files for the folder share. There is no point attaching the files for the drive share as even in my Windows machines it is asking for credentials 

image.png.40a6a1154d48b3ea4f5aa7fad8ca853f.png

samba_mount.cfg

34 minutes ago, zaraki1311 said:

Looks like I was wrong. When it is a windows drive share I have not been able to get it to authenticate without a username our password, but if it is a folder share it works great. I have attached the files for the folder share. There is no point attaching the files for the drive share as even in my Windows machines it is asking for credentials 

image.png.40a6a1154d48b3ea4f5aa7fad8ca853f.png

samba_mount.cfg

Windows works that way.  You have to enter the user login credentials just to get a listing of the shares in UD.

Hi.  New(ish) member here.  Been using unRAID for about a year, and lurking for longer, but based on my post count you can see forum posting is not normally my thing.

I seem to be having a weird issue with Unassigned Devices and binhex-Krusader.  Setup:

- portable drive caddy connected via USB 3 with a 320GB drive plugged in.

- Unassigned Devices sees the drive, formatted, mounted, mount name "MediaBackup", shared.

- When I browse the share via the MediaBackup link under UD on the Main page, everything appears correct.

- Also looks good when checking the share via \\<server>\MediaBackup from a Windows PC.  Copied a few test files to the share.

- And also looks good when navigating via a terminal window to /mnt/disks/MediaBackup.

Where things get odd:

- Krusader /media is mapped to /mnt/

- In Krusader I browse to /media/disks and I see a subfolder (link?) for MediaBackup was automatically created.

- When I go into the MediaBackup folder, none of my files are present, and Properties shows the disk size as only ~7GB.

- If I create a file in the MediaBackup folder via Krusader, it is not visible via the previously mentioned browse methods.

- It appears as though the MediaBackup link in Krusader points to somewhere other than the mounted drive.

Probably a newbie misunderstanding or misconfiguration.  Could I trouble someone to point out where I've gone wrong?

Unable to remove partition.

unRAID: v6.6.6

UD: v2019.03.22 

- Enabled Destructive Mode

- Unmounted disk

- Clicked the '+' icon next to drive icon

- Clicked the red 'x'

- Typed 'Yes'

- Clicked 'Remove'

- I can see the red removing spinner pop up next to the partition for a second or two.

The partition is not removed. I can remount it and access all the files. I've tried a few times and I know I've done this before. 

edit:

Just tried reinstalling UD, same result

edit:

After rebooting, the drive is now showing up as unformatted. Clicked Format, after a few seconds the same partition shows up again but this time it's empty which is what I wanted so I guess I'm good to go.

Edited by ksd2kd
37 minutes ago, ksd2kd said:

Unable to remove partition.

unRAID: v6.6.6

UD: v2019.03.22 

- Enabled Destructive Mode

- Unmounted disk

- Clicked the '+' icon next to drive icon

- Clicked the red 'x'

- Typed 'Yes'

- Clicked 'Remove'

- I can see the red removing spinner pop up next to the partition for a second or two.

The partition is not removed. I can remount it and access all the files. I've tried a few times and I know I've done this before. 

edit:

Just tried reinstalling UD, same result

edit:

After rebooting, the drive is now showing up as unformatted. Clicked Format, after a few seconds the same partition shows up again but this time it's empty which is what I wanted so I guess I'm good to go.

In the future, you can get more help by posting your diagnostics.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, zaraki1311 said:

I'm also getting this, and unfortunately this is a major issue for my server.  Tried to downgrade the plugin, but it appears that the older .txz's no longer exist on GitHub (and the one other (2019-03-13 also doesn't want to work) :(  (

Mar 26 19:21:04 ServerA unassigned.devices: Removing configuration '//WINDOWS10/GitHub'.
Mar 26 19:21:24 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' using SMB1 protocol.
Mar 26 19:21:24 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' '/mnt/disks/WINDOWS10_GitHub'
Mar 26 19:21:25 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount of '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/WINDOWS10_GitHub: can't find in /etc/fstab. 

Edited by Squid
10 minutes ago, Squid said:

I'm also getting this, and unfortunately this is a major issue for my server.  Tried to downgrade the plugin, but it appears that the older .txz's no longer exist on GitHub (and the one other (2019-03-13 also doesn't want to work) :(  (

Mar 26 19:21:04 ServerA unassigned.devices: Removing configuration '//WINDOWS10/GitHub'.
Mar 26 19:21:24 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' using SMB1 protocol.
Mar 26 19:21:24 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' '/mnt/disks/WINDOWS10_GitHub'
Mar 26 19:21:25 ServerA unassigned.devices: Mount of '//WINDOWS10/GitHub' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/WINDOWS10_GitHub: can't find in /etc/fstab. 

Is your windows share password protected? Is it a share of a disk or of a folder?

• trurl pinned this topic