Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

If I do manually mount with the complete command, then everything does work

mount -t cifs //WINDOWS10/GitHub /tmp/GitHub -o username=nunya,password=business,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

I will run a few test when I get home. I am wondering if it tripped over no domain and is failing to do anything with the credentials. Possibly adding @workgroup to the end of the username might work 

I was just wondering if there is a way to make two unassigned devices (two hard drives) be seen as one? Basically pool two together. Reason I ask. I have one folder that I'm backing up to a drive (unassigned) and I'm running out of room on that drive. I add files to it all the time and it will be hard to divide it out. I am backing it up to a 10tb external and was thinking about getting another and trying to back it up to the two of them. 

I know I should have smaller shared folders, but I do work and each persons folder is backed up with all their data and it's a not...   Again, I know I could just have one drive A-H and the other I-Z or something..  I was just wondering..  Thanks for any input..    

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Good for you.  I’m sur I’ll hear about it if there is a problem.

I will try out the new update right now and let you know if it works for me. 

EDIT: fstab error has been resolved in latest update (at least for me) 

Edited by StuDaBaiker

A quick feature request:

Have a per SMB share option to select: Version (1,2, or 3) and sec=ntlm as the mount options. (And perhaps even a way to manually change the whole option string).

Example:

I have a few smb servers that are old so I turn "Force all SMB remote shares to SMB v1?" to Yes. But with that, another server fails to mount:

Mar 28 14:07:22 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username='***',password=******* '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'
Mar 28 14:07:22 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount of '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' failed. Error message: mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

So I have to change "Force all SMB remote shares to SMB v1?" to No and then I can mount:

Mar 28 14:08:21 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username='***',password=******* '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'
Mar 28 14:08:21 fractal unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' on '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'.

The difference between them are "sec=ntlm,vers=1.0" and ",,vers=3.0" respectively.

As it is now, to get both of these to mount, there is some config changes to make manually.

4 hours ago, shaunsund said:

A quick feature request:

Have a per SMB share option to select: Version (1,2, or 3) and sec=ntlm as the mount options. (And perhaps even a way to manually change the whole option string).

Example:

I have a few smb servers that are old so I turn "Force all SMB remote shares to SMB v1?" to Yes. But with that, another server fails to mount:

Mar 28 14:07:22 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username='***',password=******* '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'
Mar 28 14:07:22 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount of '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' failed. Error message: mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

So I have to change "Force all SMB remote shares to SMB v1?" to No and then I can mount:

Mar 28 14:08:21 fractal unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username='***',password=******* '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'
Mar 28 14:08:21 fractal unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//RASPIVAULT/LexarCrypt' on '/mnt/disks/RASPIVAULT_LexarCrypt'.

The difference between them are "sec=ntlm,vers=1.0" and ",,vers=3.0" respectively.

As it is now, to get both of these to mount, there is some config changes to make manually.

The differences in the mounts is the correct way to mount SMB v1 and SMB v2/v3.  If the one server doesn't have SMB v1 enabled, it won't mount with SMB v1 being forced.  Windows 10 has SMB v1 turned off by default and you have to specifically enable it.  Your server may have the same issue.

SMB v1 is on its way out and it doesn't make sense to invest a lot of time in it.  I expect that SMB v1 will eventually be removed from samba because of the security issues.  You need to upgrade the old server, or replace it.

Edited by dlandon
  • Upvote 1

HELP!  SMB shares NO LONGER MOUNT as of the last Unassigned Devices update (3/28/2019).

SMB shares have existed and been working since their inception (many moons ago) and have continued to work through a number of updates UNTIL NOW.

Absolutely an issue with Unassigned Devices as unRaid version was unchanged, the application that uses (used) the SMB share (and is now dysfunctional) did not change, NOR were any configuration changes made... ONLY update of Unassigned Devices.

Have "re-added" the share which still comes-up (from another unRaid server).  Finds server, share is selected, BUT IT WILL NOT MOUNT; FAILS EVERYTIME.

Even changed Settings to force SMB v1 just in case; MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.  Unassigned Devices NO LONGER FUNCTIONS WITH SMB SHARES.

What does it take to fix the problem?

Without a doubt, something is "broken" in the new release of unAssigned Devices as of 2019.03.28  Reverted unassigned.device.plg and unassigned.devices directory contents to the 2019.02.12 version (from my manual backup).  Verified by checking plug-ins and upon a reboot with the "old" version reinstalled (reboot had been done with the "new" version, to no avail) SMB share now mounts.  New rev needs to be taken a look at.  Is there any information from my system that you need?  (I did look at logs for unAssigned Devices, but nothing was there and from what I read it is used for logging scripting errors.)

2 hours ago, CaryV said:

HELP!  SMB shares NO LONGER MOUNT as of the last Unassigned Devices update (3/28/2019).

SMB shares have existed and been working since their inception (many moons ago) and have continued to work through a number of updates UNTIL NOW.

Absolutely an issue with Unassigned Devices as unRaid version was unchanged, the application that uses (used) the SMB share (and is now dysfunctional) did not change, NOR were any configuration changes made... ONLY update of Unassigned Devices.

Have "re-added" the share which still comes-up (from another unRaid server).  Finds server, share is selected, BUT IT WILL NOT MOUNT; FAILS EVERYTIME.

Even changed Settings to force SMB v1 just in case; MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.  Unassigned Devices NO LONGER FUNCTIONS WITH SMB SHARES.

What does it take to fix the problem?

You can ABSOLUTELY cut the DRAMA and give me some information.  Just posting that it's broken has NO value and does NOTHING to get you an answer.  Whenever you post a problem always attach your diagnostics.

Please provide the following:

- Post diagnostics.

- Does your share name have a '@' character in it?

- Is it a Windows share?

1 hour ago, CaryV said:

Without a doubt, something is "broken" in the new release of unAssigned Devices as of 2019.03.28  Reverted unassigned.device.plg and unassigned.devices directory contents to the 2019.02.12 version (from my manual backup).  Verified by checking plug-ins and upon a reboot with the "old" version reinstalled (reboot had been done with the "new" version, to no avail) SMB share now mounts.  New rev needs to be taken a look at.  Is there any information from my system that you need?  (I did look at logs for unAssigned Devices, but nothing was there and from what I read it is used for logging scripting errors.)

As requested, post diagnostics.  Reporting that something is broken without diagnostics only makes me have to ask and waste time.

It looks like the addition of the domain to the user with user@domain is causing too many problems.  If a share contains a '@', UD thinks that there is a domain.  I've added a domain line to the add SMB share dialog to define the share and domain separately.  This won't affect any current remote shares already defined, it will just be different when an SMB share is added new.

It looks like the addition of the domain to the user with user@domain is causing too many problems.  If a share contains a '@', UD thinks that there is a domain.  I've added a domain line to the add SMB share dialog to define the share and domain separately.  This won't affect any current remote shares already defined, it will just be different when an SMB share is added new.

TO ALL REMEMBER THESE GUYS DO NOT GET PAID TO DO THIS.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just updated and then the UAD icon was "looking" for my mount points the last 15 min and then went unresponsive?

I then went to the console and found this - sorry camera phone (Locked I could not write anything)

image.thumb.png.68938620229402362e450b8b40e5f15e.png

I then tried Putty, and got ind and tried to do a "powerdown" hoping it will close down nicely....

UPDATE: I can see that the 192.168.0.10 cant connect thats the mount to my other server...but that shouldnt lock it down right?

Okay, ended up cutting the power, and bootet with GUI, stopped all auto mounts and then started the array

I then manually mounted each drive and its up and running again (Havent rebooted the server in a very long time so maybee it juste needed to be flipped 

Edited by casperse
On 3/30/2019 at 3:11 AM, dlandon said:

As requested, post diagnostics.  Reporting that something is broken without diagnostics only makes me have to ask and waste time.

Hello forum!  I'm having the same issue on both of my servers when trying to mount SMB shares since the latest update.  I've been using the SMBv1 force option without issues up until a few days ago.  I keep seeing THIS in my log when trying to mount.  I've included my diagnostics for assistance.

Thanks for all that you do supporting this plugin!!  :)   

tower-diagnostics-20190331-0833.zip

**EDIT**  

I forgot to add..   the the SMB shares I'm mounting are indeed Windows shares but none have the "@" character int the share name!

Edited by cpthook
9 minutes ago, cpthook said:

Hello forum!  I'm having the same issue on both of my servers when trying to mount SMB shares since the latest update.  I've been using the SMBv1 force option without issues up until a few days ago.  I keep seeing THIS in my log when trying to mount.  I've included my diagnostics for assistance.

Thanks for all that you do supporting this plugin!!  :)   

tower-diagnostics-20190331-0833.zip

Ok, read the log message:

Error message: username specified with no parameter

Remove the remote SMB share and re-enter it.  There is an error with the credentials.

1 hour ago, casperse said:

Just updated and then the UAD icon was "looking" for my mount points the last 15 min and then went unresponsive?

I then went to the console and found this - sorry camera phone (Locked I could not write anything)

image.thumb.png.68938620229402362e450b8b40e5f15e.png

I then tried Putty, and got ind and tried to do a "powerdown" hoping it will close down nicely....

UPDATE: I can see that the 192.168.0.10 cant connect thats the mount to my other server...but that shouldnt lock it down right?

Okay, ended up cutting the power, and bootet with GUI, stopped all auto mounts and then started the array

I then manually mounted each drive and its up and running again (Havent rebooted the server in a very long time so maybee it juste needed to be flipped 

It appears a device was removed or dropped off-line without being unmounted.

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Ok, read the log message:

Error message: username specified with no parameter

Remove the remote SMB share and re-enter it.  There is an error with the credentials.

Yes I've tried that several times but get the same result.  

Mar 31 08:56:38 Tower unassigned.devices: Removing configuration '//TOWERII/backupshare'.
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' using SMB1 protocol.
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username='',password=******* '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' '/mnt/disks/TOWERII_backupshare'
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' failed. Error message: username specified with no parameter 

• trurl pinned this topic