Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

On 3/31/2019 at 10:15 AM, dlandon said:

This is where the username and password are entered.  Obviously you aren't entering a username.

997504096_UDSMBDialog.png.50ee25471d8ed1ec78359ea5ae4c608f.png

Wait for a bit and I'll issue an update to the plugin.

Hello dlandon and Forum..  The issue with required authentication to mount SMB shares when no User/Pass is set has returned.  See log entry HERE and the post where I previously reported HERE.  Please assist if possible, thanks!

1 hour ago, cpthook said:

Hello dlandon and Forum..  The issue with required authentication to mount SMB shares when no User/Pass is set has returned.  See log entry HERE and the post where I previously reported HERE.  Please assist if possible, thanks!

Post your diagnostics.

USB Hardware RAID Enclosure issues:

I'm having issues trying to attach a large (30TB-R50) USB HW Raid Array (Sans Digital TR8UT, USB 3.0) to my 6.7.0 array.   The array functions as intended on a Mac as well as my Windows laptop.

My UD plugin is up to date, as well as my server's (SuperMicro's X10DRH-iT) firmware.  When I initially plug in the unit, lsusb shows a JMicron Tech Corp device attached and lsusb -t lists it as Class=Mass Storage, Driver=usb-storage, 5000M.

After a few moments, the array disappears from lsusb and unraid logs show: kernel: usb 4-1: device not accepting address 4, error -62.

I've enabled and disabled EHCI Hand-Off in the BIOS with no visible effect.  If I plug into a "legacy" USB 2.x port, the error is similar with error -71.

I'm attaching some lsusb screen caps as well as my diagnostics zip.

I know this HW RAID unit is not top of the line, however this is for a secondary copy of Plex media.  We have limited cell service at the lake, so I'm setting up a Shield Pro with this unit as local storage for a secondary Plex Server.   I've already vetted the overall solution with an old Drobo I have, however it limits my volumes to 16TB which would be a PITA to split and sync the media files.  I was also considering the Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2, if anyone has a better experience with those units.

I have a hunch that either the JMicron chipset is missing something, there is a USB schema problem, or the 30TB volume size is an issue.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

20190521_095747.jpg

20190521_100538.jpg

hatchnas-diagnostics-20190521-1651.zip

Hi

My Qnap NAS was starting to get a little slow so I decided to purchase a server instead. I chose Unraid as software and its a different world of customizations, i Love it! Until I buy hard drives for the server I want to access the files on the Nas via SMB, but I can not mount the folders properly. I have read the instructions and managed to mount the folder, it is showing under SMB Shares. I can access the folders and files there via the "file explorer", but the folder is not showing under "Unassigned Devices" and I can not access it via Plex either. I have tried to restart the Docker via Settings, but still no change.

image.thumb.png.76b6ce444896ec0b9ca8d7f086fdfce6.png

Here is the messages in the log when trying to unmount and remounting the folder:

May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Removing Remote SMB share '//192.168.1.246/Media'...
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Unmounting Remote SMB Share '//192.168.1.246/Media'...
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Unmounting '//192.168.1.246/Media'...
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /bin/umount -t cifs '//192.168.1.246/Media' 2>&1
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '//192.168.1.246/Media'
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Removing SMB share file '/etc/samba/unassigned-shares/Media.conf'
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Removing SMB share definitions from '/tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf'
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Reloading Samba configuration..
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Successfully removed SMB share 'Media'.
May 21 12:50:14 rw5server unassigned.devices: Share '//192.168.1.246/Media' unmount successfull.
May 21 12:50:20 rw5server unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.1.246/Media' using SMB3 protocol.
May 21 12:50:20 rw5server kernel: CIFS VFS: Dialect not supported by server. Consider specifying vers=1.0 or vers=2.0 on mount for accessing older servers
May 21 12:50:20 rw5server kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -95
May 21 12:50:20 rw5server unassigned.devices: SMB3 mount failed: mount error(95): Operation not supported Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) .
May 21 12:50:20 rw5server unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.1.246/Media' using SMB2 protocol.
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=2.0,username='virtual',password=******* '//192.168.1.246/Media' '/mnt/disks/Media'
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '//192.168.1.246/Media' on '/mnt/disks/Media'.
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Defining share 'Media' with file '/etc/samba/unassigned-shares/Media.conf'
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Adding share 'Media' to '/tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf'
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Reloading Samba configuration...
May 21 12:50:21 rw5server unassigned.devices: Directory '/mnt/disks/Media' shared successfully.
May 21 12:50:22 rw5server kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180810/exfield-393)
May 21 12:50:22 rw5server kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180810/psparse-516)
May 21 12:50:22 rw5server kernel: ACPI Error: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Evaluating _PMM (20180810/power_meter-338)
May 21 12:50:33 rw5server kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180810/exfield-393)
May 21 12:50:33 rw5server kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180810/psparse-516)

Can anyone please help me?

(Edit: Diagnostics file attached)

rw5server-diagnostics-20190521-2010.zip

Edited by tommyhf
3 hours ago, Phil Wilson said:

UD mounts boot USB drive and cache drive

Last night when I went to bed, everything was file. When I checked from work 8 hours later, None of my dockers were running and the USB boot drive and SSD Cache drive were mounted by UD. WTF did I do wrong??

I think you must be misinterpreting what you are seeing in the webUI. Any drive that isn't mounted will appear as an Unassigned Device. This is true even if you don't have the Unassigned Devices plugin installed.

This is not at all the same thing as saying the Unassigned Devices plugin has mounted the drives. Probably the drives became temporarily disconnected for some reason and when they connected again they were Unassigned, since Unraid will not try to remount them.

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing, and also go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

I think there is a good chance your problems have absolutely nothing at all to do with this plugin, so I may split your issue into its own topic after we take a look.

I see you already have a thread going about your cache dropping so most likely this is just another symptom of that. If so, I will split this into that thread.

16 minutes ago, tommyhf said:

it is showing under SMB Shares. I can access the folders and files there via the "file explorer", but the folder is not showing under "Unassigned Devices" and I can not access it via Plex either

I think that screenshot means it is working. What "file explorer" are you referring to?

How are you configuring which Plex docker to allow it to access? Have you seen this post in the Docker FAQ?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564314

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

I think that screenshot means it is working. What "file explorer" are you referring to?

How are you configuring which Plex docker to allow it to access? Have you seen this post in the Docker FAQ?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564314

Thanks for the quick reply. I am referring to the "file explorer" that pops up when I press the name for the mount point folder under SMB Shares. I saw that part, but I didnt quite understand where Im supposed to enter that setting. Could you please point me in the right direction? 

52 minutes ago, trurl said:

I think you must be misinterpreting what you are seeing in the webUI. Any drive that isn't mounted will appear as an Unassigned Device. This is true even if you don't have the Unassigned Devices plugin installed.

This is not at all the same thing as saying the Unassigned Devices plugin has mounted the drives. Probably the drives became temporarily disconnected for some reason and when they connected again they were Unassigned, since Unraid will not try to remount them.

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing, and also go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

I think there is a good chance your problems have absolutely nothing at all to do with this plugin, so I may split your issue into its own topic after we take a look.

I see you already have a thread going about your cache dropping so most likely this is just another symptom of that. If so, I will split this into that thread.

No, it definitely showed the USB boot drive and the cache drive as mounted in UD. I rebooted so I lost the screen capture but it will happen again tomorrow.

And the cache dropout was caused by a cheap Micro Center "Inland Professional" no-name SSD. After installing a SANDISK, all dropout issues vanished.

34 minutes ago, trurl said:

I think maybe my other questions and that link are the right direction:

I have read these, I am sorry but I dont understand where I find these settings:

"If you are running unRaid 6.2beta 20+, then you need to adjust your volume mappings mode (usually either RW or Read Only) to be RW:Slave or Read Only:Slave) by editing the template, and then clicking "Edit" on the volume being passed to the container."

Could you please point me in the direction where I can find them? How can I edit the template?

55 minutes ago, tommyhf said:

How can I edit the template?

On the Dockers page, click on the docker to get to the Update Container page. Then

56 minutes ago, tommyhf said:

clicking "Edit" on the volume being passed to the container

56 minutes ago, tommyhf said:

to adjust your volume mappings mode (usually either RW or Read Only) to be RW:Slave or Read Only:Slave)

4 hours ago, cpthook said:

Here you are! Thanks for the assistance.

towerii-diagnostics-20190521-1837.zip 98.76 kB · 1 download

The share credentials aren't your problem.

May 21 09:30:43 TowerII unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username=xxx=******* '//TOWER/BackUp ISO' '/mnt/disks/TOWER_BackUp_ISO'
May 21 09:30:43 TowerII unassigned.devices: Mount of '//TOWER/BackUp ISO' failed. Error message: mount error(111): could not connect to 23.217.138.107mount error(111): could not connect to 23.195.69.106Unable to find suitable address. 

The IP address does not look right.  Check the TOWER IP address.

2 hours ago, Phil Wilson said:

No, it definitely showed the USB boot drive and the cache drive as mounted in UD. I rebooted so I lost the screen capture but it will happen again tomorrow.

UD will not randomly mount a device.  If you used the devices in UD and did not remove their configuration when you moved them to another purpose, there is a chance the disk would be auto-mounted. That would take operator action or a reboot though.

Seem to be having a problem with mounting my external drives (caused a hell of a problem with Crashplan!) a couple weeks ago when I updated all my apps/dockers. Here's what it's telling me:

ALERT: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which is being
ignored because the -n option was used. Expect spurious inconsistencies
which may be resolved by first mounting the filesystem to replay the log.
- scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
sb_fdblocks 309880806, counted 310375434
- found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
- scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
- process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
- agno = 0
- agno = 1
- agno = 2
- agno = 3
- process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
- setting up duplicate extent list...
- check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
- agno = 0
- agno = 3
- agno = 2
- agno = 1
No modify flag set, skipping phase 5
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
- traversing filesystem ...
- traversal finished ...
- moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify link counts...
No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

What does that all mean and why won't my drives mount all of a sudden? lol

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '!' in Unknown on line 29 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1324 as per below.

I've been getting this error for a few weeks on the main screen.  I think it happened since passing through an NVME drive to Windows, or it could be since passing a dual port network card through to VM's.  So, when I start Windows the error (per below screenshot) actually goes away, then when I stop windows it comes back.  To this end I assume it's the NVME drive as the NIC is not passed through to that VM.

I've been achieving this below as per Xen-pciback.hide which in the release notes they say it 'appears to no longer work' - though I think it does for me.  Perhaps this is why the error though?  

The release notes say:

"New vfio-bind method.  Since it appears that the xen-pciback/pciback kernel options no longer work, we introduced an alternate method of binding, by ID, selected PCI devices to the vfio-pci driver. This is accomplished by specifying the PCI ID(s) of devices to bind to vfio-pci in the file 'config/vfio-pci.cfg' on the USB flash boot device.  This file should contain a single line that defines the devices:

BIND=<device> <device> ...

Where <device> is a Domain:Bus:Device.Function string, for example,

BIND=02:00.0

Multiple device should be separated with spaces."

So perhaps I should replace with that?  Anyone else come across this?

kernel /bzimage
append isolcpus=12-15,28-31 xen-pciback.hide=(0b:00.0)(0b:00.1) vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 initrd=/bzroot

2085913036_ScreenShot2019-05-23at09_24_46.thumb.png.736aaee2f1f2eb39b3db51994d4838fa.png

obi-wan-diagnostics-20190522-2134.zip

On 5/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, dlandon said:

The share credentials aren't your problem.

May 21 09:30:43 TowerII unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username=xxx=******* '//TOWER/BackUp ISO' '/mnt/disks/TOWER_BackUp_ISO'
May 21 09:30:43 TowerII unassigned.devices: Mount of '//TOWER/BackUp ISO' failed. Error message: mount error(111): could not connect to 23.217.138.107mount error(111): could not connect to 23.195.69.106Unable to find suitable address. 

The IP address does not look right.  Check the TOWER IP address.

Not sure where those addresses came from.  1st, I use a static address entry for both of my servers 192.168.1.25 (Tower) & 192.168.1.11 (TowerII).  2nd, even if I used the DHCP service for issue, those two addresses would not fit on my network and my server(s) would not communicate.  See HERE what unRAID does with my NIC during boot for TOWER.  Whatever was done by you in THIS post fix me last time.

12 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '!' in Unknown on line 29 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1324 as per below.

I've been getting this error for a few weeks on the main screen.  I think it happened since passing through an NVME drive to Windows, or it could be since passing a dual port network card through to VM's.  So, when I start Windows the error (per below screenshot) actually goes away, then when I stop windows it comes back.  To this end I assume it's the NVME drive as the NIC is not passed through to that VM.

I've been achieving this below as per Xen-pciback.hide which in the release notes they say it 'appears to no longer work' - though I think it does for me.  Perhaps this is why the error though?  

The release notes say:

"New vfio-bind method.  Since it appears that the xen-pciback/pciback kernel options no longer work, we introduced an alternate method of binding, by ID, selected PCI devices to the vfio-pci driver. This is accomplished by specifying the PCI ID(s) of devices to bind to vfio-pci in the file 'config/vfio-pci.cfg' on the USB flash boot device.  This file should contain a single line that defines the devices:

BIND=<device> <device> ...

Where <device> is a Domain:Bus:Device.Function string, for example,

BIND=02:00.0

Multiple device should be separated with spaces."

So perhaps I should replace with that?  Anyone else come across this?

kernel /bzimage
append isolcpus=12-15,28-31 xen-pciback.hide=(0b:00.0)(0b:00.1) vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 initrd=/bzroot

2085913036_ScreenShot2019-05-23at09_24_46.thumb.png.736aaee2f1f2eb39b3db51994d4838fa.png

obi-wan-diagnostics-20190522-2134.zip 157.14 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see the problem with the code and I can't reproduce the problem.

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

That was a fix for your issue last time, but your problem is different this time.

Even though the log entries when trying to connect are exactly the same as when I first reported the issue last time (line for line)?  I'm not fully understanding your response, however I appreciate your trying to assist me.  Not sure where to go from here though....

1 hour ago, cpthook said:

Even though the log entries when trying to connect are exactly the same as when I first reported the issue last time (line for line)?  I'm not fully understanding your response, however I appreciate your trying to assist me.  Not sure where to go from here though....

The issue was related to how blank credentials were formed for the mount line.  Originally the blank user and password were quoted with a '.  That created errors when mounting.  That bug was fixed, but there is nothing to fix this time because that bug was fixed and is not your issue this time.

This was your error last time.

Mar 31 08:56:38 Tower unassigned.devices: Removing configuration '//TOWERII/backupshare'.
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' using SMB1 protocol.
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0,username='',password=******* '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' '/mnt/disks/TOWERII_backupshare'
Mar 31 08:57:52 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.1.11/backupshare' failed. Error message: username specified with no parameter 

It's not the same issue.

• trurl pinned this topic