Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

5 hours ago, dlandon said:

The issue was related to how blank credentials were formed for the mount line.  Originally the blank user and password were quoted with a '.  That created errors when mounting.  That bug was fixed, but there is nothing to fix this time because that bug was fixed and is not your issue this time.

This was your error last time.

It's not the same issue.

So sorry and you're right.  I use my ISP's DNS server's and for some reason they aren't resolving IP addresses properly.  Win command nslookup resolved 23.195.69.106 to some domain called akamaitechnologies.com and I have no idea how this address would be associated with my server's LAN address.  After your last response I tried to mount the shares manually with serveraddress\share and BINGO they mounted.  So I changed my DNS addresses in unRAID to a different 3rd party service and was able to mount with hostnames like normal.  

Thanks again for your assistance and pointing this out

Hi, i have mounted a nfs share on a remote unraid server. And thats fine. But when viewing the remote share on the unraid that have unassigned devices running i cant see the files on the remote share. 

I guess its something very simple im missing, but im totaly blank here. Any tips/ideas?

3 hours ago, orlando500 said:

Hi, i have mounted a nfs share on a remote unraid server. And thats fine. But when viewing the remote share on the unraid that have unassigned devices running i cant see the files on the remote share. 

I guess its something very simple im missing, but im totaly blank here. Any tips/ideas?

How are you trying to view the remote share?

On 5/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, itimpi said:

If that is the output from a file system check, then the last line is telling you that it ran a read-only check without actually attempting to fix anything.    The -n flag needs removing if you want it to actually attempt a repair.

Thanks, let's 'pretend' I'm an idiot here... what is an '-n flag' and how does one go about removing it?

And why was it added/only recently become a problem...?

12 hours ago, orlando500 said:

from crusader docker to move files from one unraid to the new unraid server

I don't know enough about the crusader docker to be able to help.  Hopefully someone else can chime in here and offer some assistance.

hi there,

i tried to mount a ufs device with this plugin, to copy my data into the array.

unfortunately it seems that my drives are unmountable?

Nothing happens after pressing the mount button

Is there any step which i may need to take before?

regards Tobias.

grafik.thumb.png.c75121d6919893a4d571ba118363b2ad.png

this might have been answer, if so then I am sorry, but I am trying to do the following.

I have Motion eye installed and then having the Video clips being saved to my RAID or Cache, I would like to point it to a external USB drive.

so I have plug in my USB drive, (sdg) and when I go and try to point my Motion eye docker to the USB, I see that it is noting showing up, as all I can see is my raid Hard Drivers.

so do I have to manual type in the path ?

14 hours ago, Toobie said:

hi there,

i tried to mount a ufs device with this plugin, to copy my data into the array.

unfortunately it seems that my drives are unmountable?

Nothing happens after pressing the mount button

Is there any step which i may need to take before?

regards Tobias.

grafik.thumb.png.c75121d6919893a4d571ba118363b2ad.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

UD doesn't mount a ufs file system.

1 hour ago, chris_netsmart said:

this might have been answer, if so then I am sorry, but I am trying to do the following.

I have Motion eye installed and then having the Video clips being saved to my RAID or Cache, I would like to point it to a external USB drive.

so I have plug in my USB drive, (sdg) and when I go and try to point my Motion eye docker to the USB, I see that it is noting showing up, as all I can see is my raid Hard Drivers.

so do I have to manual type in the path ?

Hi,

I have a pair of mellanox connectx-2 NICs, each in an unraid server. The first unraid server is a file server, the second a transcoding server. The NICs are plugged into each other - the file server having an IP of 192.168.11.1, the transcoding server an IP of 192.168.11.2. An iperf3 between them shows they're connected and have a good speeds happy days.

I've the tried to mount the media share on the file server with unassigned devices. It initially shows up, displaying size, used, and free space. I turn on the docker service, fire up the Emby docker (being sure that the path to the media share has an access mode of RW/Slave) and try to play some media. Immediately there's buffering. Looking at the share in unassigned devices I now find the information for size, used, and free space all read 0B. Clicking on the mount point (to load the file list) takes a long time to load, but does eventually load, however the size information still shows 0B. 

I've tried both NFS and SMB, Plex, and Jellyfin, and different mount point names. I've tried restarting and reinstalling UD. The system log and Emby's logs show nothing, and I was unable to find any specific logs for UD. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot from 2019-05-30 19-37-02.png

Screenshot from 2019-05-30 19-35-30.png

2 hours ago, awilderaid said:

Hi,

I have a pair of mellanox connectx-2 NICs, each in an unraid server. The first unraid server is a file server, the second a transcoding server. The NICs are plugged into each other - the file server having an IP of 192.168.11.1, the transcoding server an IP of 192.168.11.2. An iperf3 between them shows they're connected and have a good speeds happy days.

I've the tried to mount the media share on the file server with unassigned devices. It initially shows up, displaying size, used, and free space. I turn on the docker service, fire up the Emby docker (being sure that the path to the media share has an access mode of RW/Slave) and try to play some media. Immediately there's buffering. Looking at the share in unassigned devices I now find the information for size, used, and free space all read 0B. Clicking on the mount point (to load the file list) takes a long time to load, but does eventually load, however the size information still shows 0B. 

I've tried both NFS and SMB, Plex, and Jellyfin, and different mount point names. I've tried restarting and reinstalling UD. The system log and Emby's logs show nothing, and I was unable to find any specific logs for UD. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot from 2019-05-30 19-37-02.png

Screenshot from 2019-05-30 19-35-30.png

The size information showing as 0B is because it is taking too long and UD eventually gives up trying to determine the size so the UI is not totally frozen.  It sounds like a network issue.  It would help if you could post diagnostics for us to look at.

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

The size information showing as 0B is because it is taking too long and UD eventually gives up trying to determine the size so the UI is not totally frozen.  It sounds like a network issue.  It would help if you could post diagnostics for us to look at.

I haven't touched either server since posting this and tried to get the issue to reoccur and upload diagnostics. Everything now seems to be working perfectly, no stuttering, Emby's transcoding buffer stays between 2 and 3 minutes, UD shows accurate size/used/free information. My thought was that maybe SMB or NFS was giving up, and UD might have been involved. In any case, hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it does I'll upload diagnostics as soon as. Cheers!

May 31 15:26:01 Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

I've been getting this strange message since I added a bunch of new disk to the array... Any ideas?

Running the latest 6.7.0 release with the latest version of the plugin...

1 minute ago, drdebian said:

May 31 15:26:01 Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

I've been getting this strange message since I added a bunch of new disk to the array... Any ideas?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-545988

You might find other useful information in the FAQ also.

2 hours ago, drdebian said:

That message means you have a browser session open to Unraid from before the last reboot.    It can happen on any part of the Unraid GUI.

I'm having an issue with UD where NTFS USB attached drives are not mounting with delete file access. The description from the initial posts in this topic says UD mounts with read/write permissions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't delete files from these drives. My main reason for this is I am slowly migrating the data from the USB drives to my UnRAID pool, with the plan to then shuck the drives and add them to the pool.

In the meantime, I'm using these attached drives via UD and are mapped/mounted within the Plexinc official Plex docker container. I can read with no issues, just no write/delete access. This is an issue only when I add an upgraded copy of a title with better bitrate/resolution, i.e. adding a 4K version of a title that was previously only a 720p rip. I then want to delete the 720p rip, but Plex says it there is an error when attempting to delete the file. This leaves me with MANY duplicates until I eventually migrate all files off the NTFS drives and then remove that path from the Plex docker for the library in question.

I've connected via telnet/ssh and can't create/delete/write via the shell either - response is that it's a read-only filesystem (see example below). I've also enabled the destructive mode in UD, but that doesn't seem to help. I also have successfully installed the full version of ntfs-3g but I can't mount the drives with it as UD seems to keep them auto-mounted even though I have turned off the auto-mount switch for the drives in question. Any plans to implement full write access via ntfs-3g in UD? Suggestions?

Example of trying to remove/delete file from shell, but Plex also fails likely for the same reason. Permissions for the file and parent folder are the same, other than the 'd' attribute indicating directory:

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/disks/Movies-A/Movies# rm The.Year.of.Living.Dangerously.1982.1080p.BluRay.mkv

rm: cannot remove 'The.Year.of.Living.Dangerously.1982.1080p.BluRay.mkv': Read-only file system

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/disks/Movies-A/Movies# ls -l The.Year.of.Living.Dangerously.1982.1080p.BluRay.mkv

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8996524675 Nov 17  2018 The.Year.of.Living.Dangerously.1982.1080p.BluRay.mkv*

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/disks/Movies-A# ls -l

total 256

drwxrwxrwx 1 root root      0 Apr  1 19:14 $RECYCLE.BIN/

drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 262144 May 30 04:33 Movies/

drwxrwxrwx 1 root root      0 May 11 07:11 System\ Volume\ Information/

5 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

Any plans to implement full write access via ntfs-3g in UD?

UD already does this.  Take a look at the log.  A disk with the NTFS file system will be mounted read only under certain conditions - like the disk is hibernated.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, dlandon said:

UD already does this.  Take a look at the log.  A disk with the NTFS file system will be mounted read only under certain conditions - like the disk is hibernated.

Which log? I'm a newbie to UnRAID and UD. I do know that the drive is not hibernated as I can't delete/create/write when accessing the drive via the SSH shell. I can copy files off so I know the drive isn't hibernated. It also doesn't explain why I can't unmount the drive in UD even though the auto-mount switch is turned off. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Note that I even tried this with one drive that has been shucked from a USB enclosure and attached directly to a SATA port on the UnRAID system. The drive is still listed as a read-only file system. I've checked the System log under the Tools menu and nothing appears when I attempt to delete the file via the Plex web interface or via the SSH shell.

Edited by AgentXXL
Added details re: drive connection and logging
14 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

Which log? I'm a newbie to UnRAID and UD. I do know that the drive is not hibernated as I can't delete/create/write when accessing the drive via the SSH shell. I can copy files off so I know the drive isn't hibernated. It also doesn't explain why I can't unmount the drive in UD even though the auto-mount switch is turned off. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Hibernated means that it was hibernated from a Windows computer and the file system is in a hibernated state.  It doesn't mean the disk is hibernated in Unraid.

UD logs to the system log.

You probably can't unmount the drive because it is busy.

You may have created some additional issues by messing around with the NTFS driver package.  Don't do anything with the NTFS driver package.  It is built into Unraid and UD mounts NTFS disks r/w except as I said in certain cases where it is not safe to mount it r/w.  Your syslog will show the status of mounting the disk file system and why it is mounted read only.

Start by posting your diagnostics so we can help you.  Tools->DIagnostics.  Don't do any other messing around until we can see where you are.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Start by posting your diagnostics so we can help you.  Tools->DIagnostics.  Don't do any other messing around until we can see where you are.

Here's the diagnostics... note that I was able to get UD to unmount after I closed the SSH shell, so that was likely keeping the drive busy. As for hibernation, this drive did come from a Win10 build but I always had hibernate disabled (powercfg -h off). And I did just note that I was using the wrong device - should have been sdm, not sdl. Here's some more details from what I just tried. Now that I have a list of what's attached to that process ID, I'm not sure how to determine what has the volume exclusively opened. These commands were performed after UD successfully unmounted the disk/volume.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# mount -t ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile  /dev/sdm2 /mnt/user/General/usb/

Mount is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.

The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which

could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# fuser -m /dev/sdm2

/dev/sdm2:           28329

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# ls /proc/28329

auxv             exe@        mountinfo      pagemap       statm

cgroup           fd/         mounts         personality   status

clear_refs       fdinfo/     mountstats     projid_map    syscall

cmdline          gid_map     net/           root@         task/

comm             io          ns/            schedstat     timerslack_ns

coredump_filter  limits      numa_maps      setgroups     uid_map

cpuset           map_files/  oom_adj        smaps         wchan

cwd@             maps        oom_score      smaps_rollup

environ          mem         oom_score_adj  stat

This info may also help. Note that there were about 40 - 50 of the ‘no pwd for UID 122’ messages, but I concatenated the output for here.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# lsof | grep /dev/sdm2

lsof: no pwd entry for UID 122

mount.ntf 28329                       root    4u      BLK              8,194 0x747013ffc00       8895 /dev/sdm2

EDIT#2: One more piece of info that may help narrow down the cause/solution. I had only tried deleting dupes from the Plex interface on the Movies-A drive. That drive is an 8TB that was shucked long ago and is attached via a SATA port in UnRAID, but still mounted via UD. I have 5 other drives (10TB) that are all still in their USB enclosures and to my surprise, they are read/write and the dupes located on them can be deleted. So it's only the one NTFS drive that is direct-SATA attached that isn't allowing the deletions through Plex or via SSH.

animnas-diagnostics-20190602-1744.zip

Edited by AgentXXL
Added more diagnostic info
2 hours ago, AgentXXL said:

Here's the diagnostics... note that I was able to get UD to unmount after I closed the SSH shell, so that was likely keeping the drive busy. As for hibernation, this drive did come from a Win10 build but I always had hibernate disabled (powercfg -h off). And I did just note that I was using the wrong device - should have been sdm, not sdl. Here's some more details from what I just tried. Now that I have a list of what's attached to that process ID, I'm not sure how to determine what has the volume exclusively opened. These commands were performed after UD successfully unmounted the disk/volume.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# mount -t ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile  /dev/sdm2 /mnt/user/General/usb/

Mount is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.

The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which

could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# fuser -m /dev/sdm2

/dev/sdm2:           28329

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# ls /proc/28329

auxv             exe@        mountinfo      pagemap       statm

cgroup           fd/         mounts         personality   status

clear_refs       fdinfo/     mountstats     projid_map    syscall

cmdline          gid_map     net/           root@         task/

comm             io          ns/            schedstat     timerslack_ns

coredump_filter  limits      numa_maps      setgroups     uid_map

cpuset           map_files/  oom_adj        smaps         wchan

cwd@             maps        oom_score      smaps_rollup

environ          mem         oom_score_adj  stat

This info may also help. Note that there were about 40 - 50 of the ‘no pwd for UID 122’ messages, but I concatenated the output for here.

root@AnimNAS:/mnt/user/General# lsof | grep /dev/sdm2

mount.ntf 28329                       root    4u      BLK              8,194 0x747013ffc00       8895 /dev/sdm2

EDIT#2: One more piece of info that may help narrow down the cause/solution. I had only tried deleting dupes from the Plex interface on the Movies-A drive. That drive is an 8TB that was shucked long ago and is attached via a SATA port in UnRAID, but still mounted via UD. I have 5 other drives (10TB) that are all still in their USB enclosures and to my surprise, they are read/write and the dupes located on them can be deleted. So it's only the one NTFS drive that is direct-SATA attached that isn't allowing the deletions through Plex or via SSH.

animnas-diagnostics-20190602-1744.zip 129.53 kB · 0 downloads

Movies-A has an unclean file system and is being mounted read only because of that.

Jun  1 15:49:46 AnimNAS ntfs-3g[28329]: Mounted /dev/sdm2 (Read-Only, label "Movies-A", NTFS 3.1)
Jun  1 15:49:46 AnimNAS ntfs-3g[28329]: Cmdline options: rw,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000
Jun  1 15:49:46 AnimNAS ntfs-3g[28329]: Mount options: rw,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,allow_other,nonempty,noatime,ro,default_permissions,fsname=/dev/sdm2,blkdev,blksize=4096
Jun  1 15:49:46 AnimNAS ntfs-3g[28329]: Global ownership and permissions enforced, configuration type 1
Jun  1 15:49:46 AnimNAS unassigned.devices: Mount error: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0). Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount. Falling back to read-only mount because the NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting.)

You need to fix that before the file system will be mounted r/w.

• Upvote 1
  • trurl pinned this topic