Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

I just installed UD plus in Unraid 6.8.0 and I am a little confused. I my WebUI it looks different than before. I don't see the mount buttons and it just all looks different. I'm trying to get things setup so in Krusader I can copy files from a USB  drive to the RAID, but I can't even seem to find where the disk is mounted as I no longer have a /mnt/disks location. I've probably skipped or looked over something. Any pointers?

Untitled.png

Edited by kricker
26 minutes ago, kricker said:

I just installed UD plus in Unraid 6.8.0 and I am a little confused. I my WebUI it looks different than before. I don't see the mount buttons and it just all looks different. I'm trying to get things setup so in Krusader I can copy files from a USB  drive to the RAID, but I can't even seem to find where the disk is mounted as I no longer have a /mnt/disks location. I've probably skipped or looked over something. Any pointers?

Untitled.png

You need UD installed.  UD+ is an adder, not a replacement.

11 hours ago, FalconX said:

Is there an option within UD to keep the drives spinning 100% of the time? I have a few drives that I write to periodically and they spin down after a period of time, and when my application goes to write to it, it gets a write error because the drive takes a bit to spin up.

No.

6 hours ago, kagzz said:

Can someone please look at unassigned devices plus. App. After i installed it dosent work, so i removed it. In the dialog i se some script deleted someoneof the script was to bruteforce and other checked network information. I Are Stone sure this Are virus. So i need to reinstall the server? 

UD+ is an addon to UD and enables additional UD features.  It is not a virus.  The Nmap package you are referring to is used to scan for NFS servers on your network.  Some people are nervous about Nmap security, so it can be removed by a UD setting.

19 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Is there an action item on my part?

Actually, yes.

Kinda threw me for a loop on CA because I was expecting javascript to sort the array as so that UD+ would come after UD.  But, the reverse is actually true (had to have CA do a reverse sort)

And then looked at my system log to see which order things are actually installed in from a boot and it's not what you expect, and your change won't work.

Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: -----------------------------------------------------------
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  unassigned.devices-plus has been installed.
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Copyright 2015, gfjardim
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Copyright 2016-2019, dlandon
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Version: 2019.12.29
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: -----------------------------------------------------------
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: 
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: installed
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: running: anonymous
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: skipping: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/packages/unassigned.devices-2020.01.10a.tgz already exists
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: creating: /tmp/start_unassigned_dev

UD+ installs at boot before UD.  

EDIT.  nm you're looking at /boot and not /var/log/plugins to see if UD is there

Edited by Squid
8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Actually, yes.

Kinda threw me for a loop on CA because I was expecting javascript to sort the array as so that UD+ would come after UD.  But, the reverse is actually true (had to have CA do a reverse sort)

And then looked at my system log to see which order things are actually installed in from a boot and it's not what you expect, and your change won't work.

Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  unassigned.devices-plus has been installed.
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Copyright 2015, gfjardim
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Copyright 2016-2019, dlandon
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root:  Version: 2019.12.29
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: 
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: installed
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: running: anonymous
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: skipping: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/packages/unassigned.devices-2020.01.10a.tgz already exists
Jan 11 07:50:21 ServerA root: plugin: creating: /tmp/start_unassigned_dev

UD+ installs at boot before UD.  

EDIT.  nm you're looking at /boot and not /var/log/plugins to see if UD is there

Yes.  I want to see if the UD plugin is going to be installed, not already installed so the order doesn't matter.

So, Im trying to format an 8TB external USB drive as exFAT and it keeps failing.  If I mount it on my Windows 10 PC, when I plug it in, and mount it with the Unassigned Devices plugin (yes I have UD+ as well), it will mount, but as soon as I start copying things, it says there is not enough disk space.  It has about 7.4 TB of usable disk space, and Im only copying like 3.5 TB worth of data.  The reason for the exFAT format is this drive is for my Nintendo Switch and that is what I use.  Any thoughts?  Here is what the drive log said.

Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sda1'...
Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /sbin/umount '/dev/sda1' 2>&1
Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sda1'
Jan 12 04:40:02 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Removing partition '1' from disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sda' block size: 15628052480
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Clearing partition table of disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Reloading disk '/dev/sda' partition table.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Reload partition table result: /dev/sda: re-reading partition table
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Creating a primary partition on disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Creating a 'gpt' partition table on disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Formatting disk '/dev/sda' with 'exfat' filesystem.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex mkfs.exfat: failed to open '/dev/sda1' in read-write mode: No such file or directory
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Format disk '/dev/sda' with 'exfat' filesystem failed! Result: mkexfatfs 1.2.8 ERROR: failed to open '/dev/sda1' in read-write mode: No such file or directory.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex kernel: sda: sda1

Im kinda at a loss here and don't fully understand it.  Normally I just copy from my Windows 10 machine, but thought I would try this to see how the speed compared versus over the network.

2 minutes ago, ibbanez said:

So, Im trying to format an 8TB external USB drive as exFAT and it keeps failing.  If I mount it on my Windows 10 PC, when I plug it in, and mount it with the Unassigned Devices plugin (yes I have UD+ as well), it will mount, but as soon as I start copying things, it says there is not enough disk space.  It has about 7.4 TB of usable disk space, and Im only copying like 3.5 TB worth of data.  The reason for the exFAT format is this drive is for my Nintendo Switch and that is what I use.  Any thoughts?  Here is what the drive log said.

Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sda1'...
Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /sbin/umount '/dev/sda1' 2>&1
Jan 12 04:39:54 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sda1'
Jan 12 04:40:02 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Removing partition '1' from disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sda' block size: 15628052480
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Clearing partition table of disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Reloading disk '/dev/sda' partition table.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Reload partition table result: /dev/sda: re-reading partition table
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Creating a primary partition on disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Creating a 'gpt' partition table on disk '/dev/sda'.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Formatting disk '/dev/sda' with 'exfat' filesystem.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex mkfs.exfat: failed to open '/dev/sda1' in read-write mode: No such file or directory
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex unassigned.devices: Format disk '/dev/sda' with 'exfat' filesystem failed! Result: mkexfatfs 1.2.8 ERROR: failed to open '/dev/sda1' in read-write mode: No such file or directory.
Jan 12 04:40:12 StoragePlex kernel: sda: sda1

Im kinda at a loss here and don't fully understand it.  Normally I just copy from my Windows 10 machine, but thought I would try this to see how the speed compared versus over the network.

Post diagnostics.

Here ya go.  I tried several different times.  I even tried Fat32, to see if that would work, then I was gonna try to reformat on top of that if it did, but alas, they all failed to format.  Any help would be great.  For now, i'll just go back to the old way, but just wanted to bring it up in here just in case.  Thanks.

storageplex-diagnostics-20200112-0507.zip

Edited by ibbanez

I am having a really strange issue...UD Settings > Destructive Mode refuses to save when I click apply it reverts to Disabled.

I have UD and UD+ installed, I am on 6.8.0 Version.

I have tried to reset everything by Uninstalling both UD+ and UD, and reinstalling, rebooting, fixing permissions...for some reason it refuses to work

Any ideas that could help me fix it?   Thanks!

49 minutes ago, ibbanez said:

Here ya go.  I tried several different times.  I even tried Fat32, to see if that would work, then I was gonna try to reformat on top of that if it did, but alas, they all failed to format.  Any help would be great.  For now, i'll just go back to the old way, but just wanted to bring it up in here just in case.  Thanks.

storageplex-diagnostics-20200112-0507.zip 183.63 kB · 1 download

I've updated the exfat packages.  Update UD+ and see if that helps.

32 minutes ago, l2evy said:

I am having a really strange issue...UD Settings > Destructive Mode refuses to save when I click apply it reverts to Disabled.

I have UD and UD+ installed, I am on 6.8.0 Version.

I have tried to reset everything by Uninstalling both UD+ and UD, and reinstalling, rebooting, fixing permissions...for some reason it refuses to work

Any ideas that could help me fix it?   Thanks!

Update UD.  It should work now.

8 minutes ago, kagzz said:

I understand sir but when i removed this addon will you see a dialog for what the tool removed. There i can see a loot of bruteforce tools and unifi search tools? Why do the app have this files and names an what do the system use Them for

I believe those are part of the Nmap package.  Nmap is used to search for NFS servers on the LAN when setting up a NFS share.  There is a setting in UD to remove this package if you don't want to use it.

• trurl pinned this topic