Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

After upgrading to latest unraid version I get errors:

It worked before I upgrade . Any ideas? Thank you

Jan 20 14:10:48 zeus kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Jan 20 14:10:48 zeus unassigned.devices: Mount of '//xxxx/xxx' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg

8 minutes ago, etsi said:

After upgrading to latest unraid version I get errors:

It worked before I upgrade . Any ideas? Thank you

Jan 20 14:10:48 zeus kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Jan 20 14:10:48 zeus unassigned.devices: Mount of '//xxxx/xxx' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg

Remove the SMB share and re-create it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Remove the SMB share and re-create it.

Thanks this worked for my synology share but I can't add nvidia shield share again. It doesn't load the list of shares to choose and I can't just add it empty.

Thanks I had to actually type by hand the name share. I didn't know I could type share name because the field was in gray color. My bad. All ok.

Edited by etsi
Problem solved
8 hours ago, etsi said:

Thanks this worked for my synology share but I can't add nvidia shield share again. It doesn't load the list of shares to choose and I can't just add it empty.

Thanks I had to actually type by hand the name share. I didn't know I could type share name because the field was in gray color. My bad. All ok.

Yes, you can enter any of the fields manually.  Unfortunately with all the Samba changes regarding phasing out NetBIOS, the SMB server lookup is not working.  UD uses a bit of a hack to come up with the servers it can, but it depends on NetBIOS.

Yesterday I noticed this warning at the unassigned devices plugin:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in Unknown on line 1 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1404

See screenshot:

UD.png

Is this normal (or even dangerous)? Does anyone had this issue before?

EDIT:

Probably this warning is related to this in the disk log:

Jan 19 19:39:43 Home-Server unassigned.devices: Disk '/dev/sdd' does not have a serial number and cannot be mounted.

But this is ablolutly untrue, this drive does in fact have a serial number (wich i have removed in the upper screenshot -> red box).

Smart-Log is attatched.

35000cca26a34e868-diagnostics-20200121 (sdd).txt

Edited by greenflash24
4 hours ago, greenflash24 said:

Yesterday I noticed this warning at the unassigned devices plugin:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected '=' in Unknown on line 1 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1404

See screenshot:

UD.png

Is this normal (or even dangerous)? Does anyone had this issue before?

EDIT:

Probably this warning is related to this in the disk log:

Jan 19 19:39:43 Home-Server unassigned.devices: Disk '/dev/sdd' does not have a serial number and cannot be mounted.

But this is ablolutly untrue, this drive does in fact have a serial number (wich i have removed in the upper screenshot -> red box).

Post diagnostics.

3 hours ago, scuppasteve said:

Since upgrade Unassigned Devices, i keep getting remote mount disconnects. It worked perfectly before. Also i have already removed the mounts and readded them, that didnt fix it.

movieraidserver-diagnostics-20200122-1314.zip 164.09 kB · 1 download

You only need to remove the smb mounts and re-add if they fail on permission denied.

You have several issues that may be related to the drop outs.:

Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems Version 2019.12.29
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker Application jellyfin has an update available for it
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application jellyfin has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application plex has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 2 TIMES] ###
Jan 21 10:46:07 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Unassigned Devices Plus not installed ** Ignored
Jan 21 10:46:34 MovieRaidServer kernel: SMB2_read: 12 callbacks suppressed
Jan 21 10:46:34 MovieRaidServer kernel: CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -4
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 9 TIMES] ###

Go to Fix Common Problems and fix the Docker issues.

fstrim: /mnt/disks/Seeding: the discard operation is not supported

I added an external USB hard drive last night. It’s plugged directly into my Unraid server. The partition is named “Seeding”. Now I’m getting the above messages via email hourly. So it seems like the hard drive is being seen as an SSD possibly. And it’s trying to take SSD related actions on it. I did find and turn off the “discard” option in Unassigned Devices. I then rebooted the server. Still getting the error though.

Anyone had this or know how I can fix it?

1 hour ago, drawmonster said:

I added an external USB hard drive last night. It’s plugged directly into my Unraid server. The partition is named “Seeding”. Now I’m getting the above messages via email hourly. So it seems like the hard drive is being seen as an SSD possibly. And it’s trying to take SSD related actions on it. I did find and turn off the “discard” option in Unassigned Devices. I then rebooted the server. Still getting the error though.

Anyone had this or know how I can fix it?

Post diagnostics.

1 hour ago, drawmonster said:

The disk is not being mounted with discard by UD:

Jan 22 06:37:03 Unraid unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sda1'...
Jan 22 06:37:03 Unraid unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t xfs -o rw,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sda1' '/mnt/disks/Seeding'

You have the Dynamix SSD Trim plugin installed and set to trim every hour.  That plugin is initiating the fstrim.  The fstrim is run on all SSD devices.  Apparently fstrim thinks the drive is an SSD.  You can ignore the message.  It is harmless.

Once an hour is too often tho run fstrim.  Once a day is sufficient.

23 hours ago, dlandon said:

You only need to remove the smb mounts and re-add if they fail on permission denied.

You have several issues that may be related to the drop outs.:

Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems Version 2019.12.29
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker Application jellyfin has an update available for it
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application jellyfin has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jan 21 10:46:00 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application plex has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 2 TIMES] ###
Jan 21 10:46:07 MovieRaidServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Unassigned Devices Plus not installed ** Ignored
Jan 21 10:46:34 MovieRaidServer kernel: SMB2_read: 12 callbacks suppressed
Jan 21 10:46:34 MovieRaidServer kernel: CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -4
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 9 TIMES] ###

Go to Fix Common Problems and fix the Docker issues.

So i dont actually have Jellyfin running or even on this machine anymore. But, i fixed the issues and they keep disconnecting.

movieraidserver-diagnostics-20200123-1610.zip

7 hours ago, scuppasteve said:

So i dont actually have Jellyfin running or even on this machine anymore. But, i fixed the issues and they keep disconnecting.

movieraidserver-diagnostics-20200123-1610.zip 155.45 kB · 1 download

Log messages:

Jan 23 00:43:05 MovieRaidServer unassigned.devices: Error: shell_exec(/bin/df '/mnt/disks/192.168.2.5_downloads' --output=size,used,avail | /bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' > /tmp/unassigned.devices/df 2>/dev/null) took longer than 2s!
Jan 23 00:43:07 MovieRaidServer kernel: CIFS VFS: Cancelling wait for mid 28622620 cmd: 5
Jan 23 00:43:07 MovieRaidServer kernel: CIFS VFS: Cancelling wait for mid 28622621 cmd: 16

Doing a little research seems to indicate an opportunistic locking issue on the remote share.

Hi, I'm trying to mount an NTFS partition using the "unassigned device" plugin. It seems to be mounting okay, but I just can't find it using krusader or as a share. But I can definitely browse it from the "main" tab.

Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Mounted /dev/sdc2 (Read-Only, label "Data", NTFS 3.1)
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Cmdline options: ro,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Mount options: ro,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,allow_other,nonempty,noatime,default_permissions,fsname=/dev/sdc2,blkdev,blksize=4096
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Global ownership and permissions enforced, configuration type 1
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sdc2' on '/mnt/disks/ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN1RA3G'. 

If you need some specific logs, I'm not sure which one or where to get it..

Krusader.png

main.png

Main_Mount.png

tower-diagnostics-20200123-2027.zip

Edited by matmat07
Added diagnostics
22 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have a mapping to Unassigned Device paths for your Krusader docker?

That's logic enough, and it did seem to get me a bit further, thanks.

path in krusader.png

volume_mapping.png

Okay, I had to map the drive to make it work, not just the "disks" folder. Thanks a lot for making me look at the right place.

Edited by matmat07
Solved my issue
4 hours ago, matmat07 said:

Hi, I'm trying to mount an NTFS partition using the "unassigned device" plugin. It seems to be mounting okay, but I just can't find it using krusader or as a share. But I can definitely browse it from the "main" tab.

Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Mounted /dev/sdc2 (Read-Only, label "Data", NTFS 3.1)
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Cmdline options: ro,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Mount options: ro,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,allow_other,nonempty,noatime,default_permissions,fsname=/dev/sdc2,blkdev,blksize=4096
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower ntfs-3g[9996]: Global ownership and permissions enforced, configuration type 1
Jan 22 20:16:04 Tower unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sdc2' on '/mnt/disks/ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN1RA3G'. 

If you need some specific logs, I'm not sure which one or where to get it..

Krusader.png

main.png

Main_Mount.png

tower-diagnostics-20200123-2027.zip 64.15 kB · 0 downloads

Giving the path mappings for the Krusader docker might help.   If you want to see paths that are mounted as Unassigned Devices then the relevant path mapping should be using one of the ‘slave’ options for the Access allowed.

• trurl pinned this topic