Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Hi guys. Getting this error in the logs

#root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

According to this post, the fix is to close out any browser on another network machine that may be connected, etc. I've only got one other machine that access the (headless) server on the network, and i have no open browser pages to it at all. multiple restarts, still no luck.

I ran netstat -vatn and the only addresses shown connecting to the server are the previously mentioned machine with no open browsers, and my VM. Logs attached, would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

clements-tower-diagnostics-20200721-1234.zip

definitely confirmed none. this server is only accessed from 2 machines, my imac on the local lan, and my imac at home (via vpn). both of which i've triple checked, no browser pages / tabs / access open at all. 

Edit: I have another unraid tower at home connected with a 24/7 wireguard connection, that i use for remote backups with remote smb shares mounted. but it certainly doesn't have any browser pages open for this

Edited by Cpt. Chaz
cont'd troubleshooting
5 hours ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

definitely confirmed none. this server is only accessed from 2 machines, my imac on the local lan, and my imac at home (via vpn). both of which i've triple checked, no browser pages / tabs / access open at all. 

Edit: I have another unraid tower at home connected with a 24/7 wireguard connection, that i use for remote backups with remote smb shares mounted. but it certainly doesn't have any browser pages open for this

Update UD to the latest version.  It no longer uses the csrf token and you should no longer see the messages.

23 hours ago, nerv said:

No. Here are the two hard links (move title replaced).

Movie.2020.REPACK.1080p.WEB.h264-WATCHER.mkv

Movie (2020) WEBDL-1080p Proper.mkv

Go to Settings->Global Share Settings->Tunable (support Hard Links)? and set to 'Yes' and see if that helps.

24 minutes ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

I'm showing version 2020.07.19a installed as the latest version, while getting the error.

Ok.  The latest version still has an explicit reference to the csrf token, even though it is not used.  I'll remove it in the next release.  This won't change the log message though.

That being said, you still have an open browser or connecton to UD somewhere.

Edited by dlandon
Just now, dlandon said:

I'm out of ideas.

I don't know enough about the plugin to know if it's possibly a plugin issue, or an underlying issue with the unraid filesystem that the plugin is using. Any thoughts? If it's the latter I can try and follow up more with generic unraid help (long shot), but at least something to try.

Just now, nerv said:

I don't know enough about the plugin to know if it's possibly a plugin issue, or an underlying issue with the unraid filesystem that the plugin is using. Any thoughts? If it's the latter I can try and follow up more with generic unraid help (long shot), but at least something to try.

The UD plugin mounts the remote share, but does not control access, permissions, etc to the share.  You might want to look up CIFS mounts and issues like you mention here.

6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Ok.  The latest version still has a reference to the csrf token, even though it is not used.  I'll remove it in the next release.

That being said, you still have an open browser or connecton to UD somewhere.

Odd though it may seem, that server is in a very limited-access environment available only from my desktop (or remote home desktop). Even running netstat, it's not showing any other connections to that server other than the one desktop. As i said, odd. Thanks for the input though, i'll look forward to the update!

10 minutes ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

Odd though it may seem, that server is in a very limited-access environment available only from my desktop (or remote home desktop). Even running netstat, it's not showing any other connections to that server other than the one desktop. As i said, odd. Thanks for the input though, i'll look forward to the update!

UD does a status poll about every second and that's where the log message comes from.  Somewhere you have a browser or phone app that has the UD page open.  That's the only way the log message can occur.  From the UD status polling.

14 minutes ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

Thanks for the input though, i'll look forward to the update!

I may have mis-spoken.  The update won't make the log message go away.  The csrf token check is built into Unraid and is behind the scenes.  It's just that I will remove the explicit reference to the csrf token in UD that is unused.

15 hours ago, dlandon said:

UD does a status poll about every second and that's where the log message comes from.  Somewhere you have a browser or phone app that has the UD page open.  That's the only way the log message can occur.  From the UD status polling.

May have made a little progress. I unmounted all unassigned devices, still got the error. I tried disabling docker, still got the error. Disabled VMs, still got the error. I even unplugged the ethernet, still got the error. I use UD to mount remote shares via wireguard connection. So in a last ditch effort, it occurred to me to disable wireguard. Voila, the error went away. The second I turn wireguard back on and get a successfull handshake, the error comes back (even without any remote shares mounted). Now what? haha

Jul 22 12:37:27 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:37:29 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:37:30 Clements-Tower wireguard: Tunnel WireGuard-wg0 stopped
Jul 22 12:38:43 Clements-Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Unassigned Devices Plus not installed ** Ignored
Jul 22 12:40:57 Clements-Tower kernel: mdcmd (41): set md_write_method 1
Jul 22 12:40:57 Clements-Tower kernel: 
Jul 22 12:44:18 Clements-Tower wireguard: Tunnel WireGuard-wg0 started
Jul 22 12:44:22 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:44:25 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:44:27 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

48 minutes ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

May have made a little progress. I unmounted all unassigned devices, still got the error. I tried disabling docker, still got the error. Disabled VMs, still got the error. I even unplugged the ethernet, still got the error. I use UD to mount remote shares via wireguard connection. So in a last ditch effort, it occurred to me to disable wireguard. Voila, the error went away. The second I turn wireguard back on and get a successfull handshake, the error comes back (even without any remote shares mounted). Now what? haha

Jul 22 12:37:27 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:37:29 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:37:30 Clements-Tower wireguard: Tunnel WireGuard-wg0 stopped
Jul 22 12:38:43 Clements-Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Unassigned Devices Plus not installed ** Ignored
Jul 22 12:40:57 Clements-Tower kernel: mdcmd (41): set md_write_method 1
Jul 22 12:40:57 Clements-Tower kernel: 
Jul 22 12:44:18 Clements-Tower wireguard: Tunnel WireGuard-wg0 started
Jul 22 12:44:22 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:44:25 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jul 22 12:44:27 Clements-Tower root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

There is a device on the other end of the wireguard with the ud page open.  It has nothing to do with mounts.  What is the remote device?

the remote device is just the headless backup unraid server (and my home nas). I have a Syncthing container running between the two (and this does not rely on wireguard) and i have a weekly backup script for VM's and appdata. Again, no open browser pages. i restarted the backup server, and it cleared that error. but now the main server is showing a new error to chase down.

Clements-Tower kernel: CIFS VFS: Close unmatched open

1 hour ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

the remote device is just the headless backup unraid server (and my home nas). I have a Syncthing container running between the two (and this does not rely on wireguard) and i have a weekly backup script for VM's and appdata. Again, no open browser pages. i restarted the backup server, and it cleared that error. but now the main server is showing a new error to chase down.

Clements-Tower kernel: CIFS VFS: Close unmatched open

Unmount and re-mount your remote mounts.  Re-booting the remote server probably caused these issues.

• Like 1

Been getting a strange issue with UD that I have not had time to dig into.

When I connect a new drive to the system it has been duplicating it "on top of" another drive until I rescan, then it detects them properly sometimes. Others it will will be convinced that I have 2 of the same drive and will not let me mount or unmount as it tries to use the same share / drive names.

No idea why or what is going on, not sure if I have the latest version of UD, updated last week. I will check for an update tomorrow and see if the problem continues. Just figured I would see if anyone else has noticed this.

1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

Been getting a strange issue with UD that I have not had time to dig into.

When I connect a new drive to the system it has been duplicating it "on top of" another drive until I rescan, then it detects them properly sometimes. Others it will will be convinced that I have 2 of the same drive and will not let me mount or unmount as it tries to use the same share / drive names.

No idea why or what is going on, not sure if I have the latest version of UD, updated last week. I will check for an update tomorrow and see if the problem continues. Just figured I would see if anyone else has noticed this.

Update UD to the latest version.  Should fix the issue.

12 hours ago, flic said:

everything's aligned and by far looking +professional than the actual version

While I appreciate your interest in esthetics, there is more to consider than just 'aligning' disk drive mounts:

• This disk is mounted without a UD script, it is probably better to put it in the cache pool of 6.9.  UD was intended to be a backup/temporary mount plugin.  Now with the cache pool feature of 6.9, it is probably best to move the drive to the cache pool.  You get alignment like you want with temperature and error monitoring that the cache pool provides.
  • The remote shares also would have to be considered in any page alignment and might be more challenging.1146792511_UDPage.thumb.png.49bd5d6abcf2e43cd16adee641102742.png
  • 12 hours ago, flic said:

since it seems that your right-eye points to the left and the left-eye in the opposite direction, my design must look all f...d up to you

Yes, the flow doesn't work for me.

All that being said, I will continue to work on the layout and improve the 'look' of UD as I see things to make it better.  I am open to new ideas.

UD was originally written for older versions of Unraid and the look and feel of Unraid is evolving.  I work on UD as I get time because it is not a full time job for me.

12 hours ago, flic said:

any good reasons the share name cannot be changed to something +meaningful on that stupid thing? -huh, duh, dunno

Really!  'Stupid thing'?  It it's so stupid why do you want to use it?  If you would read the first and second post, you'd see this:

Rename the device mount point from the default.  Unmount the disk, click on the '+' icon by the serial number, and change the mount point name to something that makes sense to you.

Your snarky attitude is not really appreciated.  I find this community of volunteers providing support is the best I've ever seen for a product of this kind.  We are all willing to do what we can to help you get through the challenges of Unraid and those of us doing add-on development (plugins and dockers), are more than happy to entertain new and better features if they make sense for the wider community and are not a one off request.

• Like 4

Hi guys, I have an issue. I'm in the process of switching from Ubuntu Server to Unraid. As part of this process, I didn't want to lose my media so here's what I did:

1. Formatted 2 new 4TB drives to XFS in Ubuntu
  2. Copied all my media from my 2 old 3TB drives to the new 4TB drives in Ubuntu
    1. I had to do that because my drives where in a logical volume.
  3. In Unraid, I pre-cleared then added my 2 3TB drives to the Array and started the Array.

After that, my plan was to mount the 2 4TB drives in Unassigned Devices and transfer the data to the Array. However, for some reason, I'm unable to mount these drives even though I know the file system is XFS.

2tVNy4Q.jpg

So I'm a bit lost and I don't want to lose all my media. Hopefully someone can help.

home-server-diagnostics-20200723-1141.zip

Edited by chaineym