Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Is there any way to manually specify the size of an SMB Share? I know this is an odd question, but whenever a Drobo 5N2 (or probably any Drobo for that matter) is mounted, they have it configured to show you 70.3TB as the drive volume, even if you only have 5TB of actual drive space.

I'd like to be able to manually specify as my Drobo doesn't change often, but getting actual percent utilized data would be swell.

Thanks in advance!

drobo.png

Edited by xaositek
5 hours ago, xaositek said:

Is there any way to manually specify the size of an SMB Share? I know this is an odd question, but whenever a Drobo 5N2 (or probably any Drobo for that matter) is mounted, they have it configured to show you 70.3TB as the drive volume, even if you only have 5TB of actual drive space.

I'd like to be able to manually specify as my Drobo doesn't change often, but getting actual percent utilized data would be swell.

Thanks in advance!

drobo.png

UD can only show what the Drobo reports.  There is no way to override that.

Hi all,

I have added a SMB share that I want to use to backup some data to. If I understand it correctly it should be mounted under /mnt/disks/mount_point_of_share but I don't see my SMB share there. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to manually mount it to a directory? It is also listed as 0 bytes so perhaps there is something else wrong. My credentials are OK though, I could use the "list shares" without problem during the setup.

2898-capture.png

tower-diagnostics-20200813-0919.zip

edit:

FORGET IT :) I figured it out. I did not notice that the button displayed "mount" like: click here to mount. I thought that after following the setup steps it would be mounted. Ah well simply clicking on that button fixed my problem. Thanks guys :)

Edited by mattie112
3 hours ago, mattie112 said:

Hi all,

I have added a SMB share that I want to use to backup some data to. If I understand it correctly it should be mounted under /mnt/disks/mount_point_of_share but I don't see my SMB share there. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to manually mount it to a directory? It is also listed as 0 bytes so perhaps there is something else wrong. My credentials are OK though, I could use the "list shares" without problem during the setup.

2898-capture.png

tower-diagnostics-20200813-0919.zip 150.23 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see in the log where you mounted the SMB share.  Click on the 'Mount' button to mount the share.  I would also suggest changing the mount point name to something more meaningful.  Click on the mount point name to change it.

Just added an Unassigned Device (a new NVME drive), give the mount point a name (NVME_drive) and selected Auto Mount and Share. When I press Mount, the drive and mount point change to Mounting... for about half a second and then back to Mount. The drive isn't appearing in mnt/disks so I assume the mount failed. Any tips to troubleshoot?

Hi guys,

I got a lot of files on sc cards that I want to transfer to my array. I have an USB3 card reader, that I connected to my unraid server.

The card reader gets recognized by unassigned devices. However, when I want to mount the SD card/reader, nothing happens. Did some screen capture here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbtzkigex2pp86z/JLsqN9JfrL.mp4?dl=0

The log shows this

Aug 23 09:21:35 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdf1' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/TS-RDF5_SD_Transcend: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'. 

So is there no way to mount an exfat sd card?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Helmut said:

Hi guys,

I got a lot of files on sc cards that I want to transfer to my array. I have an USB3 card reader, that I connected to my unraid server.

The card reader gets recognized by unassigned devices. However, when I want to mount the SD card/reader, nothing happens. Did some screen capture here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbtzkigex2pp86z/JLsqN9JfrL.mp4?dl=0

The log shows this

Aug 23 09:21:35 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdf1' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/TS-RDF5_SD_Transcend: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'. 

So is there no way to mount an exfat sd card?

Thanks!

Have you also installed the Unassigned Devices Plus plugin?   I believe this is required to get support for exfat.

• Thanks 2
On 1/21/2016 at 4:55 PM, dlandon said:

• A drive that is not mounted will show spun down and will not show temperature unless a script file is created.  The Disk Attributes will also be disabled for the drive.  The easiest way to handle this is to click on the edit script icon, select the default script, and then save it.  The default script does not do anything with the drive.

Aloha,

my drive (external USB Drive) shows nothing of this when it is mounted. I activated the default script, but still showing spun down and no Temp. Plus the Drive seems to spin up randomly without anyone accessing it.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

31 minutes ago, Moppen said:

Aloha,

my drive (external USB Drive) shows nothing of this when it is mounted. I activated the default script, but still showing spun down and no Temp. Plus the Drive seems to spin up randomly without anyone accessing it.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Did you create a default script like it says?

Hi there, 

I am attempting to mount a share on a different unraid system. I installed the latest (as of 28 Aug 2020) Version on UD, and the UD Addon. Added the Share, Got the Success lcon, but the share will not mount.  

618001452_ScreenShot2020-08-28at8_30_21AM.thumb.png.70cd321da3845228bbbce0afa63aeace.png

I tried, Searching for the System (Found and added by name), as well as, deleting it and adding it by IP (Seen above).

When I try to mount it, I get 

Aug 28 06:04:09 Eyrie kernel: CIFS VFS: \\HARDHOME failed to connect to IPC (rc=-13)
Aug 28 06:04:09 Eyrie kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Aug 28 06:04:09 Eyrie unassigned.devices: Mount of '//HARDHOME/Media' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.
Aug 28 06:05:39 Eyrie unassigned.devices: Removing configuration '//HARDHOME/Media'.
Aug 28 06:09:38 Eyrie ntpd[4558]: kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x2041: Clock Unsynchronized
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.29.34/Media' using SMB3 protocol.
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie unassigned.devices: Mount SMB command: /sbin/mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,uid=99,gid=100,vers=3.0,credentials='/tmp/unassigned.devices/credentials_Media' '//192.168.29.34/Media' '/mnt/disks/192.168.29.34_Media'
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount //192.168.29.34/Media
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie kernel: Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie kernel: CIFS VFS: \\192.168.29.34 Send error in SessSetup = -13
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Aug 28 06:13:08 Eyrie unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.29.34/Media' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

Again, this is the lasted version of UD, Diagnostics attached, Thanks for the advice/assist!

eyrie-diagnostics-20200828-0835.zip

Edited by wesman
12 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Anything other than letters and numbers in the username or password?

Are you sure that specific user has rights to the Media share?

Well, I created a second user without the special characters, and it worked. THANKS! 

Although, I am surprised that doesn't work :(