Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

9 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I went ahead and restarted it, I also re-formatted the drive before mounting it just in case that caused an issue, there was a LOT going on with the server when I formatted it the first time and sure enough it worked this time around.

I saw a lot of preclear activity in the log.  That may have affected the format.

Just now, dlandon said:

I saw a lot of preclear activity in the log.  That may have affected the format.

Yeah, as I am sure you saw one of my other drives is failing so having to play a game of musical hard drives to move the data around. There was a lot going on lol.

I do have similar issues maybe 30% of the time with other drives that I know are formatted and work correctly, with basically the same errors. I connect them every week for backups and sometimes they will just refund to mount until I reboot. Particularly if I unmount and remount them for some reason on the same day.

Just now, TexasUnraid said:

Yeah, as I am sure you saw one of my other drives is failing so having to play a game of musical hard drives to move the data around. There was a lot going on lol.

I do have similar issues maybe 30% of the time with other drives that I know are formatted and work correctly, with basically the same errors. I connect them every week for backups and sometimes they will just refund to mount until I reboot. Particularly if I unmount and remount them for some reason on the same day.

Are they all encrypted?

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Are they all encrypted?

Yes, all my drives, array, pools and UD drives are encrypted BTRFS (except my appdata drive with is encrypted xfs).

BTRFS is also the only reason I knew this drive was failing, the drive itself did not start reporting errors until well after BTRFS detected them. It still just says 8 pending sectors.

Edited by TexasUnraid
7 minutes ago, saber1 said:

Great. Here it is.

Hope you find something.

saberaid-diagnostics-20201115-1959.zip 96.73 kB · 2 downloads

Looks like your remote server is off-line:

Nov 15 16:45:16 saberaid unassigned.devices: Unmounting Remote SMB/NFS Share '//SABERVAULT/SaberVault2'...
Nov 15 16:45:16 saberaid unassigned.devices: Unmounting '//SABERVAULT/SaberVault2'...
Nov 15 16:45:16 saberaid unassigned.devices: Unmount cmd: /sbin/umount -t cifs '//SABERVAULT/SaberVault2' 2>&1
Nov 15 16:45:26 saberaid unassigned.devices: Error: shell_exec(/sbin/umount -t cifs '//SABERVAULT/SaberVault2' 2>&1) took longer than 10s!
Nov 15 16:45:26 saberaid unassigned.devices: Unmount of '//SABERVAULT/SaberVault2' failed. Error message: command timed out

If you turned off the remote server, turn it back on and then unmount and delete the remote shares.

45 minutes ago, muwahhid said:

You are getting a permission denied error:

Nov 15 23:27:32 Muwahhid unassigned.devices: Mount of '//MUWAHHID-R-540/e' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

Several versions ago the passwords were encrypted and not stored in plain text.  Remove the remote shares and then recreate them.  They should then mount fine.

Edited by dlandon
  • Like 1

Hello,

i just wanted to mount a smb share wit UD and got the mount error(13) permission denied.

Different than your error advice it was the first time mounting anything beside using the Unraid way.

After following the ud add mount i checked the samba_mount.cfg and i see pass = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" different than the real pass, but i think this is intentionally and the hashed password, or?

30 minutes ago, Haegar333 said:

Hello,

i just wanted to mount a smb share wit UD and got the mount error(13) permission denied.

Different than your error advice it was the first time mounting anything beside using the Unraid way.

After following the ud add mount i checked the samba_mount.cfg and i see pass = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" different than the real pass, but i think this is intentionally and the hashed password, or?

The password is encrypted.  Be careful of special characters in the credentials.  It would be best to stay from them.

I'm not sure if anyone else has upgraded to 6.9.0 RC 35 with this installed, but it seems to create an issue for the web console (nginx).  When I upgraded to RC 35, the console wouldn't come up, and after some trial and error I determine that it was due to something in unassigned devices plugin (I don't have the plus installed if that helps narrow it down).  I could get the Web UI to start by restarting nginx, and waiting about 5 minutes.  I verified this by re-adding the unassigned devices plugin, and once again the problem showed up, remove the plugin and the problem goes away.    Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Here is the link (hopefully this comes through) to the thread I started with my diagnostics.zip attached:  

16 minutes ago, bondoo0 said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has upgraded to 6.9.0 RC 35 with this installed, but it seems to create an issue for the web console (nginx).  When I upgraded to RC 35, the console wouldn't come up, and after some trial and error I determine that it was due to something in unassigned devices plugin (I don't have the plus installed if that helps narrow it down).  I could get the Web UI to start by restarting nginx, and waiting about 5 minutes.  I verified this by re-adding the unassigned devices plugin, and once again the problem showed up, remove the plugin and the problem goes away.    Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Here is the link (hopefully this comes through) to the thread I started with my diagnostics.zip attached:  

Can you post a screen shot so we can see what you are talking about.