Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

6 hours ago, dlandon said:

Working on a fix.

Only in the hope that it helps, not to pester, I'm having the same issue in Version 6.8.3 2020-03-05. I can see the temperature for my nvme disk on the tower/Dashboard page in the "Unassigned" widget (bottom right for me), but not on tower/Main in the Unassigned Devices section. Just get an asterisk there.

I'm fairly confident that it happened on the update today, because I just installed a new fan earlier this afternoon and have been paying a lot of attention to the temperature in the hope of solving an entirely different problem. So I saw (and was watching) the temperature right before the update on the Main page.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Gunny said:

On unraid 6.8, latest unassigned devices including the update from today, my remote shares are still being put in /mnt/disks.  /mnt/remotes exists but is empty.  Thoughts?

That's the way it works right now.  Once I get feedback that it is working on 6.9, I'll enable it for 6.8.3.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dlandon said:

That's the way it works right now.  Once I get feedback that it is working on 6.9, I'll enable it for 6.8.3.

Cheers, I didn't see that specified in the release notes, but that makes sense.  I was confused because I only just setup remote shares yesterday and didn't know if I had done something wrong.

46 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I am getting this message spammed for all my UD drives anytime I refresh the main page in unraid. It also takes a really long time for the UD to load.

unassigned.devices: Error: shell_exec(/usr/bin/lsof '/mnt/disks/disk' 2>/dev/null | /bin/sort -k8 | /bin/uniq -f7 | /bin/grep -c -e REG) took longer than 3s!

Post diagnostics.

8 hours ago, dlandon said:

Post diagnostics.

Start by removing the preclear plugin.

As a note to everyone, preclear has a background task (rc.diskinfo) that does some disk I/O that can be problematic to UD.  This task runs even when a preclear is not happening.  If you are not preclearing any disks, please remove the plugin.

Update, I was in the process of clearing some data off some NTFS formatted drives. Once I removed the NTFS partition everything seems to be working normally again with the pre-clear plugin still installed and the same drives still connected.

I have noticed this in the past as well, NTFS drives simply being attached to the system seems to cause strange things to happen.

UD Disks now missing from dashboard.

6.8.3 UD Missing

6.9.0Beta 35 Disks showing.

Main Window is fine, UDs show as normal. 

Is this now expected? Rolled back to 05 but that was the same. Cannot go back any further to see when change happened as no package.

Edited by SimonF
3 minutes ago, SimonF said:

UD Disks now missing from dashboard.

6.8.3 UD Missing

6.0.9Beta 35 Disks showing.

Main Window is fine, UDs show as normal. 

Is this now expected? Rolled back to 05 but that was the same. Cannot go back any further to see when change happened as no package.

Show screen shots and post diagnostics when on 6.9.