Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

When trying to update the plugin I am getting this:

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-2020.12.20a.tgz" ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-2020.12.20a.tgz" download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Also, the unassigned devices portion of the main tab in unraid is no longer present. looks like the plugin isn't installed even though it is. The settings page for unassigned devices is just blank... Not sure where to go from here...

On 12/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, alexdodd said:

I have two drives precleared that appear in unassigned devices to be incrementing reads every few seconds, i've never noticed this before, and just wondered what might be causing it, or if its a bug or if i should be even more worried 😂

Logs for scripts and the device dont shown anything, and the drives themselves are obviously unmounted and unformated, so i dont really understand what even could be read....

image.png

alexserver-diagnostics-20201231-1550.zip 126.88 kB · 0 downloads

I just found out that UD is constantly reading unformatted disks looking for a preclear signature.  I will disable that check.  I can't believe this has been there forever and I never caught it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dlandon said:

I just found out that UD is constantly reading unformatted disks looking for a preclear signature.  I will disable that check.  I can't believe this has been there forever and I never caught it.

Sweet and big thanks for the quick turnaroundand everything you do! 

Hello,

i have a NFS Share (Synology NAS) in UD but it doesnt auto-mount it. (auto mount is on)

The NAS is only running on mondays (or at least thats the plan). When the NAS starts up, the status lamp (of the share) goes green and the button goes to orange "mount"

Everything else is running fine. Except that i always have to mount it manually.

Running on Unraid Version: 6.9.0-rc2 and UD Version 2021.01.01

Any ideas ?

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Picha said:

Hello,

i have a NFS Share (Synology NAS) in UD but it doesnt auto-mount it. (auto mount is on)

The NAS is only running on mondays (or at least thats the plan). When the NAS starts up, the status lamp (of the share) goes green and the button goes to orange "mount"

Everything else is running fine. Except that i always have to mount it manually.

Running on Unraid Version: 6.9.0-rc2 and UD Version 2021.01.01

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Look at the syslog.  You'll probably see that it can't be mounted because it is offline.  The Synology NAS has to be online before it will mount.

Thanks for the reply

I cant see any error or even an attempt from UD trying to mount the NFS (if it was the right logfile)

This is the only thing regarding i found, but this should be from the manual mounting:

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Mount NFS command: /sbin/mount -t nfs -o rw,hard,timeo=600,retrans=10 '192.168.3.110:/volume1/Backup' '/mnt/remotes/synology'

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo rpcbind[27728]: connect from 127.0.0.1 to getport/addr(status)

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered udp transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered tcp transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '192.168.3.110:/volume1/Backup' on '/mnt/remotes/synology'.

Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Running common script: 'SanDisk_Ultra.sh' Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Running device script: 'synology.sh' with action 'ADD'.

As sad, the Status is online but it wont automount. Or do you mean its online but not fully started and UD cant mount it, discards it and doesnt try again ?

1 minute ago, Picha said:

Thanks for the reply

I cant see any error or even an attempt from UD trying to mount the NFS (if it was the right logfile)

This is the only thing regarding i found, but this should be from the manual mounting:

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Mount NFS command: /sbin/mount -t nfs -o rw,hard,timeo=600,retrans=10 '192.168.3.110:/volume1/Backup' '/mnt/remotes/synology'

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo rpcbind[27728]: connect from 127.0.0.1 to getport/addr(status)

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered udp transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered tcp transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:11 Nostromo kernel: RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.

Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '192.168.3.110:/volume1/Backup' on '/mnt/remotes/synology'.

Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Running common script: 'SanDisk_Ultra.sh' Jan 2 20:42:12 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Running device script: 'synology.sh' with action 'ADD'.

As sad, the Status is online but it wont automount. Or do you mean its online but not fully started and UD cant mount it, discards it and doesnt try again ?

Post diagnostics so I can a look.

40 minutes ago, Picha said:

Server is offline:

Dec 31 00:42:03 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Remote Shares...
Dec 31 00:42:04 Nostromo unassigned.devices: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.3.110' is offline and share '192.168.3.110:/volume1/Backup' cannot be mounted.

Are you sure the server was online when Unraid was started?

Sorry,

maybe i am missunderstanding something, so just for conclusion. When i restart unraid (for updates etc.), i have to mount it manually ONE time ?

And after that, automount works like:

1. NAS starts -> UD sees NFS is online -> UD automounts it.

2. NAS goes offline -> NFS in umounted.

3. Number 1 and 2 repeating till next reboot of unraid.

5 hours ago, Picha said:

Sorry,

maybe i am missunderstanding something, so just for conclusion. When i restart unraid (for updates etc.), i have to mount it manually ONE time ?

And after that, automount works like:

1. NAS starts -> UD sees NFS is online -> UD automounts it.

2. NAS goes offline -> NFS in umounted.

3. Number 1 and 2 repeating till next reboot of unraid.

When automount is set, UD will mount it whenever the array is started.  You should not have to manually mount it.  If you are referring to Unraid as the NAS, UD will never unmount a device unless the array is stopped.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

What filesystem are they supposed to be? 

They were NTFS, im not bothered about 2 of the drives but one i am. 

I can get two of the drives to show in UD but they wont mount and throw that error and the 3rd (the one im bothered about) wont even show up in UD

Edited by Olympus_Media
extra info
33 minutes ago, Olympus_Media said:

They were NTFS, im not bothered about 2 of the drives but one i am. 

I can get two of the drives to show in UD but they wont mount and throw that error and the 3rd (the one im bothered about) wont even show up in UD

Post diagnostics.