Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

@dlandon I updated the UD plugin a couple minutes ago and my UD devices (3 disks and 2 shares) disappeared fom the main tab. In the community apps section it shows as installed, same for the Plus Addon. Pressing the "go to settings" buttons opens an empty page. Any ideas? I'am on 6.9.1 and never had an issue before. I updated almost always if new updates came in. Never saw such an behaviour. What to do now?

EDIT:

Ok it showed a new update as I finished the post and now it's back to normal. Weird

Edited by bastl

I am unable to mount my VM ssd after I had to force stop my windows 10 VM and clean boot my system. The drive is NTFS formatted with two partitions. Error in log below. Can I please get some help?

Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sdg1'...
Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: No filesystem detected on '/dev/sdg1'.
Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: Partition 'WDC_WDBNCE5000PNC_195291800017-part1' cannot be mounted.
Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sdg2'...
Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t ntfs -o rw,auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,nls=utf8,umask=000 '/dev/sdg2' '/mnt/disks/test'
Mar 21 19:27:28 M1171-NAS unassigned.devices: Partition 'W10_Storage' cannot be mounted.

Edited by mason1171
44 minutes ago, mason1171 said:

I am unable to mount my VM ssd after I had to force stop my windows 10 VM and clean boot my system. The drive is NTFS formatted with two partitions. Error in log below. Can I please get some help?

dlandon may have a better option, but I would suggest passing the whole drive through to the VM temporarily to allow Windows to check and clean the NTFS filesystem. Linux isn't the best at resolving NTFS (windows) file system errors, better to allow a windows system direct access.

dlandon may have a better option, but I would suggest passing the whole drive through to the VM temporarily to allow Windows to check and clean the NTFS filesystem. Linux isn't the best at resolving NTFS (windows) file system errors, better to allow a windows system direct access.

Thanks for the response. Im guessing to do that, enable the passed through option in the device’s config and create a new w10 vm xml including /dev/sdg

On 3/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, dlandon said:

Another question: How can I update the user script for a device in the plugin?

It would be very cool to set the Rsync-Backup script here that the backup will be started automatically as soon as the hard disk is connected and mounted.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, dlandon said:

Read the first post.

The problem is that the field to enter the script is not enabled, I cannot enter anything?

What I am doing wrong?

Love the app, thanks for creating it.  Just trying to mount and share the drive to get things started.  The drive is shown on main.  Its an NTFS drive already formatted.  It mounted the drive and i can see it in Main, and click on it to access files/directories.  I've gone into settings and turned on SHARE.  When I go back into settings I see "Mount Point: 2TB_Scratch_Disk".  But I'm not seeing an SMB share available.  If I go to http://SERVER/2TB_Scratch_Disk, a blank page displays.  I've reread through the instructions in the first post, but must be missing something.

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, jeffreywhunter said:

Love the app, thanks for creating it.  Just trying to mount and share the drive to get things started.  The drive is shown on main.  Its an NTFS drive already formatted.  It mounted the drive and i can see it in Main, and click on it to access files/directories.  I've gone into settings and turned on SHARE.  When I go back into settings I see "Mount Point: 2TB_Scratch_Disk".  But I'm not seeing an SMB share available.  If I go to http://SERVER/2TB_Scratch_Disk, a blank page displays.  I've reread through the instructions in the first post, but must be missing something.

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps it just takes a couple minutes to push the share out.  In the time it took me to reread the instructions, then to post my query, the share now shows up and I can access it just like any share on the drive.  I had opened a new file explorer (from Win 10) to view the share, but when I went back after posting, the share was there.  Thanks again, handy tool.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, dlandon said:

Click on the Help icon and read the help.

The link on the apps page? It's just a link to the thread here.

I can understand that you don't want to explain things in detail for what a documentation is existing - but maybe you can give me a link to what I am searching for ;-) Thanks!

4 minutes ago, toasti said:

The link on the apps page? It's just a link to the thread here.

I can understand that you don't want to explain things in detail for what a documentation is existing - but maybe you can give me a link to what I am searching for ;-) Thanks!

image.png.2e31f51bc185ed2b316a4bc8ec1ea725.png

Click the question mark

I have a usb disk that won’t always unmount. If I pull the power on the usb drive I have issues mounting again and have to reboot the server.

the usb works fine in other pcs and macs and unmounts clean from those.

I only use the usb for backups and then usually unmount and disconnect.

I posted about it here but didn’t really get much of a suggestion to a fix

2 hours ago, ViperSuicide said:

I have a usb disk that won’t always unmount. If I pull the power on the usb drive I have issues mounting again and have to reboot the server.

the usb works fine in other pcs and macs and unmounts clean from those.

I only use the usb for backups and then usually unmount and disconnect.

I posted about it here but didn’t really get much of a suggestion to a fix

Post diagnostics.