Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array


dlandon

5371 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, mucflyer said:

.cfg file is empty

 


-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    1 Nov 23 13:05 unassigned.devices.cfg*

 

2018-11-23 13_23_55-echidna_Main.jpg

Your last diagnostic had wrong csrf tokens in the syslog related to the UD page. Wrong csrf tokens typically means you have another browser somewhere open still accessing your server after a reboot. Could be another computer on your network, could be the ControlR App. Maybe that other browser is automounting the drive.

Link to post
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New release of UD.  Changes: When changing the mount point (which is also the share name), the mount point is checked for a duplicate of a user share or another UD device.  Samba cannot handle

While I appreciate your interest in esthetics, there is more to consider than just 'aligning' disk drive mounts: This disk is mounted without a UD script, it is probably better to put it in th

New UD release features: Changing the mount point will now change the physical disk label on ntfs, btrfs, xfs, vfat, btrfs encrypted, and xfs encrypted disks. There is a new switch in t

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your last diagnostic had wrong csrf tokens in the syslog related to the UD page. Wrong csrf tokens typically means you have another browser somewhere open still accessing your server after a reboot. Could be another computer on your network, could be the ControlR App.

Probably browser on VM. I just killed it. 

echidna-syslog-20181123-1351.zip

Edited by mucflyer
Link to post
1 minute ago, dlandon said:

Show me the output of this command:


/sbin/mount

 

root@echidna:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,size=128m,mode=0755)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro)
/mnt on /mnt type none (rw,bind)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/cache type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
//SLOTH/Backup on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Backup type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/Multimedia on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Multimedia type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/Private on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Private type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/AG-NET on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_AG-NET type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/NFS on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_NFS type cifs (rw)
/mnt/disk2/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker type btrfs (rw)
/mnt/disk2/system/libvirt/libvirt.img on /etc/libvirt type btrfs (rw)
root@echidna:~#
 

Link to post
19 minutes ago, mucflyer said:

root@echidna:~# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,size=128m,mode=0755)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro)
/mnt on /mnt type none (rw,bind)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type xfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/cache type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)
shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)
//SLOTH/Backup on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Backup type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/Multimedia on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Multimedia type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/Private on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_Private type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/AG-NET on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_AG-NET type cifs (rw)
//SLOTH/NFS on /mnt/disks/SLOTH_NFS type cifs (rw)
/mnt/disk2/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker type btrfs (rw)
/mnt/disk2/system/libvirt/libvirt.img on /etc/libvirt type btrfs (rw)
root@echidna:~#
 

Go to the terminal in Unraid, unzip and copy the attached file to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/ then navigate to the UD webpage and refresh the page.  Then post the diagnostics.

 

 

lib.zip

Link to post
3 minutes ago, mucflyer said:

Yey ! It is unmounted ! Thank you !

Please follow my instructions and try to mount and unmount the disk and then post diagnostics.  I'm expecting issues when you try to mount/unmount the disk.

Link to post

I have updated UD to provide more events for the device script.  These additional events give more information on the status of the device when mounting/unmounting.  The 'REMOVE' event was just before the unmount command was executed.  If the unmount failed, there was no indication that it failed.  There is now an 'UNMOUNT' event before the umnount command and the 'REMOVE' event is now after a successful unmount.

 

I have also changed the default script so notifications can be sent when the events occur.  Refer to the first post for more details.

Link to post

I am using unassigned devices plugin.  It mounts and formats the drives fine.  An USB drive mounts fine also.

I can logon to the server from a terminal window and able to access the mount point. I can add directories and

view them in unraid GUI.

The shares are never created.

I have tried deleted the partition and recreated it. Still no luck with the shares.

I dont know why they are not showing up.

Sharing is turned on for SMB and shared on the unassigned drives app.

John

Link to post
2 hours ago, jpimlott said:

I am using unassigned devices plugin.  It mounts and formats the drives fine.  An USB drive mounts fine also.

I can logon to the server from a terminal window and able to access the mount point. I can add directories and

view them in unraid GUI.

The shares are never created.

I have tried deleted the partition and recreated it. Still no luck with the shares.

I dont know why they are not showing up.

Sharing is turned on for SMB and shared on the unassigned drives app.

John

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip to your next post.

Link to post

I want to add a drive to my unraid server but NOT as part of the array (i.e. I want the drive to have its own mount point).

I stopped the array, added the drive, started the array and ran preclear in the Unassigned Devices plugin.

The plugin indicated that the drive is pre-cleared but the format button is grayed out.  See attached screenshot.

What am I doing wrong?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

image.thumb.png.5582656a005f5aff7e53ac076a047ae6.png

Link to post
14 hours ago, dlandon said:

There should be an entry in the smb-extras.conf file for the share.  I don't see that.  It appears you may using active directory for SMB shares.  Why are you doing that?  I'm not sure how UD shares work on active directory.

I am doing a new permissions on the server now. It would not connect with it set for AD.

That took an hour. Now it does not allow access to any of the shares except by ip address.

When using name it says can not access check spelling blah blah

 

New diagnostics with AD off below.

This is after running new permissions.

 

 

tower-diagnostics-20181128-2017.zip

Link to post
  • trurl pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.