dlandon

Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

4290 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just tried the backup again and its frozen again.

Nothing in the syslog other than a timeout when i try and load the unassigned devices page

root@Tower:~# tail -f /var/log/syslog 

May 23 09:46:32 Tower nginx: 2020/05/23 09:46:32 [error] 6881#6881: *2034262 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.23, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.0.18", referrer: "http://192.168.0.18/Main"

And via ssh the /mnt/disks ls hangs

root@Tower:~# ls -la /mnt/disks/

---HANGS---

As soon as i unplug the usb drive it all returns to normal.

May 23 10:02:46 Tower kernel: usb 3-2.1: USB disconnect, device number 5

55 minutes ago, Rik Bignell said:

And via ssh the /mnt/disks ls hangs

root@Tower:~# ls -la /mnt/disks/

---HANGS---

This is why UD is slow responding and times out.  It is not an issue with UD.

It's very hard to help you with a log snippet without line breaks that makes it impossible to read.  The complete diagnostics provides a lot more information to help with your issue, such as the disk SMART report.  This is the best I can do to help based on the little information you have provided.

You probably have a disk or USB port issue.  Try the following:

• Run file system check.
  • Check SMART report for disk issues.
  • Change USB ports.

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

This is why UD is slow responding and times out.  It is not an issue with UD.

It's very hard to help you with a log snippet without line breaks that makes it impossible to read.  The complete diagnostics provides a lot more information to help with your issue, such as the disk SMART report.  This is the best I can do to help based on the little information you have provided.

You probably have a disk or USB port issue.  Try the following:

• Run file system check.
  • Check SMART report for disk issues.
  • Change USB ports.

“Ifyou let me know which other parts of the diagnostic zip you want to see i'll post them? Posting the whole zip would expose a large amount of secure info.”

49 minutes ago, Rik Bignell said:

“Ifyou let me know which other parts of the diagnostic zip you want to see i'll post them? Posting the whole zip would expose a large amount of secure info.”

You can anonymize the diagnostics when you make it.

He asks for the whole zip for a reason.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

You can anonymize the diagnostics when you make it.

He asks for the whole zip for a reason.

What’s the use of anonymising the data when I’m posting as Rik Bignell.

3 minutes ago, Rik Bignell said:

I’m posting as Rik Bignell

That's your fault ;) 

3 minutes ago, Rik Bignell said:

anonymising the data

Diagnostics are anonymized by default, and there is nothing personally identifiable within them (WAN IP addresses, passwords, share names, email addresses, etc)

Hey,

I'm having an issue whereby it looks as if my plex docker container is firing up before an Unassigned Device NFS share is mounting upon a reboot of my unraid box. At least, this is what I assume happened. Restarting the docker resolves the issue.

I'm wondering what the solution would be here, or if this is a different issue.. does anyone have a previous resolution to this, or can help out?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cadr said:

Hey,

I'm having an issue whereby it looks as if my plex docker container is firing up before an Unassigned Device NFS share is mounting upon a reboot of my unraid box. At least, this is what I assume happened. Restarting the docker resolves the issue.

I'm wondering what the solution would be here, or if this is a different issue.. does anyone have a previous resolution to this, or can help out?

Thanks!

If you think that is the issue, set a start time delay on your docker.

4 hours ago, Cadr said:

I'm wondering what the solution would be here,

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

Keep in mind the container time delay you set is how long the system waits to start the NEXT container on the docker page. So to delay the plex container, set a time delay on the container immediately above plex. You can change the start order by dragging the containers up and down.

4 hours ago, Cadr said:

or if this is a different issue..

Are you using a slave Access Mode for the mapping?

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Keep in mind the container time delay you set is how long the system waits to start the NEXT container on the docker page. So to delay the plex container, set a time delay on the container immediately above plex. You can change the start order by dragging the containers up and down.

I only have a single docker container running on this machine at the moment.. so I'm assuming the delay isn't an option for me..

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Are you using a slave Access Mode for the mapping?

I am, yeah..

Is using something like autofs an option?

8 hours ago, Cadr said:

I only have a single docker container running on this machine at the moment.. so I'm assuming the delay isn't an option for me..

What I do is have the cAdvisor container starting first, with a 300 second wait. cAdvisor is a handy dashboard for container stats, it doesn't consume hardly any resources, and is handy for troubleshooting.

If you absolutely can't install cAdvisor for some reason, then set your plex container not to auto start, and manually fire it off after the array comes up.

New release of UD.  Highlights:

• I've done a lot to clean up the UI and added some error processing for robustness.  This will provide more user feedback when there are issues.
  • I fixed some things that have been bothering me for a long time.
  • You'll notice some switch options removed that did not apply.  For example, automount pertains to disk and not individual partitions.  This is more noticeable with disks with multiple partitions.  There were also some issues with partition scripts all using the same script.
  • I've added an option in UD settings to keep from spinning down disks.  When set to not spin down, UD will not set the spin down timer when a disk is mounted or unmounted.
  • Added some icons to the help text to make it clearer.
  • Shred and delete temp files used for credentials immediately after use.  These files are used to pass credentials to some Linux commands. This keeps sensitive data from being shown in the log when the commands are shown in the log.

This issue happened before the last update.

My disks keep dropping off after a reboot, it goes into missing each time.

Was working for the past few months without issue.

It's connected via USB, not SATA.

I can remove it from 'missing' - format it, and have it working again, but that's not ideal after each reboot.

I have since uninstalled the plugin, rebooted server, installed again - same issue. 

Thanks for your excellent plugin!

Untitled.png