Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

33 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Correct. That section of the main tab is blank.

Please try the lib.php file I posted earlier.  I made a change that I think created your problem.  I can release an update, but I want to confirm I have the correct solution.  I can't reproduce your issue.

14 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Please try the lib.php file I posted earlier.  I made a change that I think created your problem.  I can release an update, but I want to confirm I have the correct solution.  I can't reproduce your issue.

root@Brunnhilde:~# cp -av /boot/lib.php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/
'/boot/lib.php' -> '/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php'

No unassigned disks shown. Do I need to reboot?

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Correction, switched to firefox and I'm seeing them. Looks like the change worked.

OK.  You should reboot now to clear up your manual mount.  Then copy the lib.php file and you should be good to go.  I'm working on some changes and will release an updated UD tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, dlandon said:

OK.  You should reboot now to clear up your manual mount.  Then copy the lib.php file and you should be good to go.  I'm working on some changes and will release an updated UD tomorrow.

@dlandon

Thanks for your help. After rebooting I opened the UI in Firefox (I usually use Safari) and UD appears to be working properly without installing the test file. It appears that this issue and another on the dashboard tab are BROWSER ISSUES. Wanted to let you know before you pushed an update. Thanks again for the help.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

@dlandon

Thanks for your help. After rebooting I opened the UI in Firefox (I usually use Safari) and UD appears to be working properly without installing the test file. It appears that this issue and another on the dashboard tab are BROWSER ISSUES. Wanted to let you know before you pushed an update. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for letting me know everything is working again.  The update I'm doing is necessary for other reasons, but since you are working, I'll hold off.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, dlandon said:

Post your diagnostics.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My problem started worsening and affected both servers so this led me into a long session of troubleshooting. Ended up that a mistake I made while trying to install a new 10Gbe NIC in my backup unRAID led to numerous network failures. Finally figured out thanks to my roommate reviewing the situation - I had swapped the MAC addresses of the onboard and the new 10Gbe in `/config/network-rules.cfg'.

This affected my network but it seemed to slowly build into more and more failures. Regardless, I've managed to get everything working again and will happily admit to my error. Thanks again for UD and UD+.

I too seem to have issues with the 2021.12.02 version. No unassigned devices are longer visual on the main page.

I have the following warning message on the "Unassigned Devices" page:
"Warning: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in Unknown on line 31 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1942"

13 minutes ago, mr2web said:

I too seem to have issues with the 2021.12.02 version. No unassigned devices are longer visual on the main page.

I have the following warning message on the "Unassigned Devices" page:
"Warning: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in Unknown on line 31 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1942"

Are you using Safari?  If so try another browser.

Post your diagnostics.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Are you using Safari?  If so try another browser.

Post your diagnostics.

Nope, using Chrome. But I do not believe that it's a browser issue for me as its a PHP warning message regarding syntax error in the lib.php file. This file is executed on the server side and not in the browser. The lib.php file was altered on my system on the 2/12 2021 as I updated the plugin. 

Edited by mr2web
Typo
9 minutes ago, mr2web said:

Nope, using Chrome. But I do not believe that it's a browser issue for me as its a PHP warning message regarding syntax error in the lib.php file. This file is executed on the server side and not in the browser. The lib.php file was altered on my system on the 2/12 2021 as I updated the plugin. 

So can you post diagnostics as requested?

2 minutes ago, mr2web said:

Sure, sry for missing that... here it is. 🙂

serverbrain3-diagnostics-20211203-2253.zip 127.76 kB · 0 downloads

I do realize this is a php error, but I see nothing at that line.  Another person had an issue with UD showing disks using Safari and I wanted to be sure that was not happening for you.

I'll take a look at the diagnostics, but has anything changed on your server?

I have been working on lib.php so those are the changes you are seeing.  The area where this error is occurring has not been touched lately and I can't reproduce the issue.

Can you remove the UD plugin and see if the disks show up in the base OS as unassigned disks?

16 minutes ago, mr2web said:

Sure, sry for missing that... here it is. 🙂

serverbrain3-diagnostics-20211203-2253.zip 127.76 kB · 0 downloads

Here is what I see:

Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F', mountpoint 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F-part1' is not set to auto mount.
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 emhttpd: Warning: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in Unknown on line 31
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 emhttpd:  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1942
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk '/dev/nvme0n1' does not have a serial number and cannot be mounted.
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F', mountpoint 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F-part3' is not set to auto mount.

It doesn't look like udev is finding a serial number on the disk /dev/nvme0n1.  See if the serial number shows on the base Unraid unassigned disks page.

As for the php error, it's not very graceful when udev doesn't provide the information requested.  Before you reboot the server go to a command line and give me the output of this command:

/sbin/udevadm info --query=property --path $(/sbin/udevadm info -q path -n /dev/nvme0n1)

I'll try to come up with a graceful way of handling this rather that a php error showing up.

6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I do realize this is a php error, but I see nothing at that line.  Another person had an issue with UD showing disks using Safari and I wanted to be sure that was not happening for you.

I'll take a look at the diagnostics, but has anything changed on your server?

I have been working on lib.php so those are the changes you are seeing.  The area where this error is occurring has not been touched lately and I can't reproduce the issue.

Can you remove the UD plugin and see if the disks show up in the base OS as unassigned disks?

The only change I have made was to update the UD plugin. I do see the UD disks on the Dashboard but not under UD on the main page. 

I honestly do not understand the log entry in the syslog.txt on line 2063. It refers to the file "unknown" line 31. Perhaps its the referred output of "/sbin/udevadm" cmd run on line 1942 in lib.php? Could it be a broken reference to a passed in ghost device to the get_udev_info-function?

Would it be possible to roll back to the previous version of UD?

When I uninstalled UD i see the uninstalled devices on the main page.

As I reinstall UD and UD+ I no longer see my unassigned disks.

17 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Here is what I see:

Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F', mountpoint 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F-part1' is not set to auto mount.
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 emhttpd: Warning: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in Unknown on line 31
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 emhttpd:  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1942
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk '/dev/nvme0n1' does not have a serial number and cannot be mounted.
Dec  3 17:21:03 Serverbrain3 unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F', mountpoint 'KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F-part3' is not set to auto mount.

It doesn't look like udev is finding a serial number on the disk /dev/nvme0n1.  See if the serial number shows on the base Unraid unassigned disks page.

As for the php error, it's not very graceful when udev doesn't provide the information requested.  Before you reboot the server go to a command line and give me the output of this command:

/sbin/udevadm info --query=property --path $(/sbin/udevadm info -q path -n /dev/nvme0n1)

I'll try to come up with a graceful way of handling this rather that a php error showing up.

here is the output as requested:

DEVLINKS=/dev/disk/by-id/nvme-KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F
DEVNAME=/dev/nvme0n1
DEVPATH=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/0000:01:00.0/nvme/nvme0/nvme0n1
DEVTYPE=disk
ID_MODEL=KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G
ID_MODEL_ENC=KINGSTON\x20SA2000M8500G\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20
ID_PART_TABLE_TYPE=gpt
ID_PART_TABLE_UUID=a3cd664b-5975-4bd9-a6f5-b451bd42eecf
ID_REVISION=S5Z42105
ID_SERIAL=KINGSTON_SA2000M8500G_50026B728269650F
ID_SERIAL_SHORT=50026B728269650F
ID_TYPE=nvme
MAJOR=259
MINOR=0
SUBSYSTEM=block
USEC_INITIALIZED=21099180

@dlandon I did something by accident and suddenly all my disks show up under UD on the main page having the UD-plugin installed as well as the UD+-plugin. 

As I marked the output as u requested I clicked on the wrong mouse btn and it pasted the marked output on CMD. That triggered the disks to be visual under the UD section on the main page. quite odd. If one refresh the page they are gone again. but doing the samt thing on CMD brings them back temporarily until one refreshes again. Have tested this a few times now and it has the same behaviour every time.

odd1.JPG

19 minutes ago, mr2web said:

Would it be possible to roll back to the previous version of UD?

I understand you just want this to go away, but we need to resolve it.  Rolling back is not an option.

20 minutes ago, mr2web said:

When I uninstalled UD i see the uninstalled devices on the main page.

As I reinstall UD and UD+ I no longer see my unassigned disks.

Uninstall UD and give me a screen shot of the array disks and UD disks.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a UD problem but I keep getting high temp warning on a UD mounted disk- 

Event: Unraid device dev2 temperature
Subject: Warning [BRUNNHILDE] - device dev2 is hot (56 C)
Description: Maxtor_7H500F0_H81BGMDH (dev2)
Importance: warning

These are immediately followed by a "returned to normal temperature". The problem is that this disk is set to warning=65 critical=70.

brunnhilde-diagnostics-20211203-1754.zip

26 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I'm not 100% sure if this is a UD problem but I keep getting high temp warning on a UD mounted disk- 

These are immediately followed by a "returned to normal temperature". The problem is that this disk is set to warning=65 critical=70.

brunnhilde-diagnostics-20211203-1754.zip 192.58 kB · 0 downloads

How is the disk attached?  USB or sata?

18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Reinstall UD and copy the attached lib.php file to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php

See if that fixes the issue.

lib.ziplib.zip 18.5 kB · 1 download

Ok, that kind of fixed it. but it took a few seconds after loaded the main page for the disk to show up under UD but they do show up eventually so u r on the right track. When refreshing the page its just like it was before the issue started. Great work!!

I need to hit the sack as its quite late over here. I really appreciating the work u do! Keep up the good work and if u like me to test some more please do not hesitate to let me know. :-) 

array_fix1.JPG

Edited by mr2web