Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Hi Everyone!

Here is the scenario:

I have 2 unraid servers ("main" and "NAS")  running ver 6.11.5 with the latest UD plugin.

The share "data" was created on both servers and set as public.

The SMB and NFS are enable on both servers and it is able to see and mount the share.

The problem is that after enable the automount button the share does not load when any of the systems reboot.

The mount button freeze (do no respond) and i am forced to remake the whole share.

I have already changed all setting in UD  but with no sucess ):

The use for this shared folder is because i do not have more space in my main server cage and just have build another one as a "NAS" system. The main goal is to have access to all files in "data" folder in "NAS" from my "main" Unraid server. 

Can somebody please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks everyone for the attetion!

Braz.

Edited by BrazMan
English corrections
34 minutes ago, BrazMan said:

Hi Everyone!

Here is the scenario:

I have 2 unraid servers ("main" and "NAS")  running ver 6.11.5 with the latest UD plugin.

The share "data" was created on both servers and set as public.

The SMB and NFS are enable on both servers and it is able to see and mount the share.

The problem is that after enable the automount button the share does not load when any of the systems reboot.

The mount button freeze (do no respond) and i am forced to remake the whole share.

I have already changed all setting in UD  but with no sucess 😞

The use for this shared folder is because i do not have more space in my main server cage and just have build another one as a "NAS" system. The main goal is to have access to all files in "data" folder in "NAS" from my "main" Unraid server. 

Can somebody please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks everyone for the attetion!

Braz.

Post diagnostics.

1 hour ago, ptichalouf said:

hello any help even after many reboot and unstalling the plugin etc nothing work. Version: 6.12.0-rc3 

I have two server connected via NFS and nothing show up on one server and only one

Capture d’écran 2023-04-27 à 07.55.04.png

backup-diagnostics-20230427-2218.zip 124.63 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see anything in the log.  Go to Tools->PHP Settings and set "Error Reporting Level" to "All Categories".  Then go to the UD page and stay there for about 5 seconds, then go back to the PHP Settings and look at the log and post any warnings or errors shown.

10 hours ago, ptichalouf said:

i don't see anything on the "main" page if i go on any other page i have some logs but not in the main page

When UD hangs, it is generally from a php error or a Java Script error.  I'm trying to determine if there are any php errors showing up in the php log on 6.12.  The php log is not part of the syslog.  It is a separate log in 6.12 on the Tools page.

If there aren't any php errors, then we need to look for Java script errors.  If that doesn't show anything, we'll have to look at the UD loop and see if it is stuck somewhere.

2 hours ago, BrazMan said:

On both servers it appears that the remote shares auto mounted when your array arrays were started.  Are you saying that the shareing is not enabled (SMB and NFS)?

Apr 25 22:25:51 U-RJO21 unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted 'U-NAS23:/mnt/user/data' on '/mnt/remotes/U-NAS23_data'.
Apr 25 22:25:51 U-RJO21 unassigned.devices: Device 'U-NAS23:/mnt/user/data' is not set to be shared.

The 'Share' switch is not on.

Also turn off the UD debugging.  It is not useful here and is writing too much to the log.

Hi @dlandon

Thanks again for the support!

I turn off the UD debugging.

I will share the prints i have in my system.

Surprisingly the last time i reboot the system all goes well. I do not if takes some time for unraid "find" the other PC in my network.

I will monitor this and keep all logs if happens again, i will post.

Thanks!

Braz.  

smb settings.png

nfs settings.png

UD2.png

UD1.png

1 hour ago, Jeffmiao said:

Go to Settings->Unassigned Devices and set the "Debug Log Level" to "Refresh and Update", then go to the UD page and let it sit there for 10 seconds or so.  Then post a new diagnostics.  Be sure to go back to the Settings->Unassigned Devices and set the "Debug Log Level" back to "None" as it will log too much if left on.

1小时前,德兰登说:

转到设置->未分配设备,将“调试日志级别”设置为“刷新和更新”,然后转到UD页面,让它在那里停留10秒左右。然后发布新的诊断程序。请务必返回到设置->未分配设备,并将“调试日志级别”设置回“无”,因为如果保持打开状态,它将记录太多。

jeffmiaounraid-diagnostics-20230430-2015.zip

I'm having an issue that the fixes here didn't fix. I had my same issue in February and setting the SMB setting in UD to public fixed it for me, but the issue is happening again and it's already set to public. (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/135657-some-shares-disappeared-but-are-still-accessible/#comment-1234555)

My issue is, I have a Synology NAS with SMB shares mounted to my Unraid server. The server sees the shares, Plex sees the shares, and I can browse them via the web interface of Unraid. When I UNC path to \\server\ it shows the Unraid shares but my Synology NAS shares have disappeared.

This is probably something simple that I'm missing.

3 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

I'm having an issue that the fixes here didn't fix. I had my same issue in February and setting the SMB setting in UD to public fixed it for me, but the issue is happening again and it's already set to public. (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/135657-some-shares-disappeared-but-are-still-accessible/#comment-1234555)

My issue is, I have a Synology NAS with SMB shares mounted to my Unraid server. The server sees the shares, Plex sees the shares, and I can browse them via the web interface of Unraid. When I UNC path to \\server\ it shows the Unraid shares but my Synology NAS shares have disappeared.

This is probably something simple that I'm missing.

Post diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

Your network is dropping out:

Apr 23 06:26:13 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): link status definitely down, disabling slave
Apr 23 06:26:13 Weechflix kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Apr 23 06:26:13 Weechflix kernel: bond0: now running without any active interface!
Apr 23 06:26:13 Weechflix kernel: br0: port 1(bond0) entered disabled state
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: tg3 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: tg3 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): link status definitely up, 1000 Mbps full duplex
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): making interface the new active one
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: bond0: active interface up!
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: br0: port 1(bond0) entered blocking state
Apr 23 06:26:31 Weechflix kernel: br0: port 1(bond0) entered forwarding state
Apr 23 06:26:34 Weechflix kernel: tg3 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Link is down
Apr 23 06:26:34 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): link status definitely down, disabling slave
Apr 23 06:26:34 Weechflix kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode
Apr 23 06:26:34 Weechflix kernel: bond0: now running without any active interface!
Apr 23 06:26:34 Weechflix kernel: br0: port 1(bond0) entered disabled state
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: tg3 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: tg3 0000:07:00.0 eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): link status definitely up, 1000 Mbps full duplex
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: bond0: (slave eth0): making interface the new active one
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
Apr 23 06:26:37 Weechflix kernel: bond0: active interface up!

And then CIFS is failing:

Apr 23 08:42:19 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 12/16
Apr 23 08:42:19 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 2/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 12/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 1/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 7/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 3/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 11/16
Apr 23 08:42:20 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 8/16
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 3/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 6/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 2/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 10/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 9/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 3/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 11/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 4/16
Apr 23 08:42:21 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 2/16
Apr 23 08:42:22 Weechflix kernel: CIFS: __readahead_batch() returned 7/16
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###

Check your network switch and/or router.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Your network is dropping out:

And then CIFS is failing:

Check your network switch and/or router.

Network is fine, everything else on the network is working without issue or error.

Friend is able to connect to and play a game on my server hosted on unraid.

People can connect to my Plex hosted on unraid, media streams without issues, and movies with the source files on my Synology play through Plex fine.

What you posted was from April third where I rebooted all my network equipment to try and fix this issue.

For anyone having the continuous Unraid wave, I have found an issue with special characters in iso file names.  I am working on a fix, but until I release the next update of UD, you can stop the constant Unraid wave by deleting the iso config file and then click on the double arrows in the upper right of the UD page.  The file is '/flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/iso_mount.cfg.  You can recreate the iso shares when the next update of UD is relesed and you should not see the continuous Unraid wave.

• Like 1