Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

You were able to assist me with my trial version of Unraid here...

However now on my registered version of Unraid I can no longer share my unassigned devices.

I no longer see the place to "Enable SMBsharing or NFS Export in Unassigned Settings" in  in the Unassigned Devices->Settings.

I love your plugin. BUT the earlier versions where so much simpler to understand and easier to use.
I find these newer versions a bit frustrating.

Cheers & many thanks...

4 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

You were able to assist me with my trial version of Unraid here...

However now on my registered version of Unraid I can no longer share my unassigned devices.

I no longer see the place to "Enable SMBsharing or NFS Export in Unassigned Settings" in  in the Unassigned Devices->Settings.

I love your plugin. BUT the earlier versions where so much simpler to understand and easier to use.

Cheers & many thanks...

5 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

You were able to assist me with my trial version of Unraid here..

Cheers & many thanks...

Show a screen shot.

2 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

Looks like other members are having the same issue as me. So I will wait for the plugin update. The odd thing is, UA shares are fine on the trial server but not the registered server. Both are using the same version of Unraid OS and plugin...

You mean these settings?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 092009.png

These should show regardless of the license.

I just upgraded plugin to ver 2024-0122a and it is working fine on my registered Unraid server and on the trial server.

Thanks kindly, however I do prefer the older version over the new. Too many places to check for share settings. Much prefer the simpler earlier version.

8 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

I just upgraded plugin to ver 2024-0122a and it is working fine on my registered Unraid server and on the trial server.

Thanks kindly, however I do prefer the older version over the new. Too many places to check for share settings. Much prefer the simpler earlier version.

It was simpler because sharing defaulted on.  Because of security issues, it now defaults to off.  Sorry, this is the new world we live in.  Not long go it was a lot simpler to log into your bank website.

• Like 1

Running into a bit of an odd issue since updating to the latest version. In the "main" view or the "settings" link from the Installed Apps Action menu, the interface just sits with the spinner running and never completely loads and shows my unassigned drives to work with.

I do notice an XHR POST request in the browser console that's getting a 500 error for: https://shadenas.local/plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php

Attaching diagnostics in case that's helpful.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin in case something there went awry. Also worth noting, one of my drives is passed through for a VM and the VM still functions fine.

shadenas-diagnostics-20240122-1748.zip

8 hours ago, dlandon said:

It was simpler because sharing defaulted on.  Because of security issues, it now defaults to off.  Sorry, this is the new world we live in.  Not long go it was a lot simpler to log into your bank website.

Sorry but my comment was not intended to offend you or start a debate. Being the author of this plugin you know much more about it plugin then I will ever know. My comment was only about my preference. Despite the progress in automotive technology, I still prefer the cars I grew up with in the 1950s, 60s and 70s. That is why I still own a 1960 Corvette for summer fun and I am fully aware of the risks involved in driving a 60 year old auto... Cheers and many thanks from Nova Scotia for such a wonderful plugin...

Edited by Vetteman
7 minutes ago, ShadeDream said:

Running into a bit of an odd issue since updating to the latest version. In the "main" view or the "settings" link from the Installed Apps Action menu, the interface just sits with the spinner running and never completely loads and shows my unassigned drives to work with.

I do notice an XHR POST request in the browser console that's getting a 500 error for: https://shadenas.local/plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php

Attaching diagnostics in case that's helpful.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin in case something there went awry. Also worth noting, one of my drives is passed through for a VM and the VM still functions fine.

shadenas-diagnostics-20240122-1748.zip 152.78 kB · 0 downloads

Sounds like a php error.  Go to Tools->PHP Settings and see if a php error shows.

43 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Sounds like a php error.  Go to Tools->PHP Settings and see if a php error shows.

Yep:

[22-Jan-2024 18:06:51 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "ban_class" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php:407

17 minutes ago, ShadeDream said:

Yep:

[22-Jan-2024 18:06:51 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "ban_class" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php:407

Fixed, update to 2024.01.22b.

And these 2 screen caps are from the Settings UA. Also not sure why I am being asked to the UUID on the disk that is hosting the RO share on my trial Unraid server.

UA NTFS shares on my registered Unraid server are fine after installing the recent upgrade "2024.0122b"

Share-Only-3.JPG

Share-Only-4.JPG

Edited by Vetteman
27 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

I noticed after applying the update 2024.0122b one of my NTFS UA disks is now a Read Only Share.

Share-Only.JPG

Share-Only-2.JPG

If an ntfs disk is not shut down properly in windows, it will mount as read only when UD mounts it.  Look in the syslog and you'll see why it was mounted read only.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Vetteman said:

Also not sure why I am being asked to the UUID on the disk that is hosting the RO share on my trial Unraid server.

When a disk is unassigned from the array and then used in UD, it can sometimes show a duplicate UUID and won't mount.  The change UUID only shows disks that might need their UUID changed.  UD is not saying it has to be changed.

• Like 1

Thanks kindly for the feedback.

Syslog did report this

"Jan 23 09:25:41 JUNKYARD unassigned.devices: Mount warning: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0). Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount. Falling back to read-only mount because the NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting.) Could not mount read-write, trying read-only"

I did try dismount and remounting the NTFS disk, but remains RO.

My Windows Storage Spaces server is now my Unraid trial server...LOL.. And my main workstation Win 10 does not have a free SATA port available.

I'm copying files off the NTFS share to another UA drive and then will reformat the NTFS as BTRFS or NTFS (if that option is available & I believe it is).

Thanks kindly for your assistance, much appreciated.

Edited by Vetteman
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Community,

Is anyone having issues running "device scripts" within UD, I have a series of scripts that I run regularly and have worked flawlessly until now. Now when I press the lightning symbol to run the script nothing happens, the script window comes up as per normal but it just goes straight to done with no other info. The logs are giving no info either (see attached screenshot) 

Also attached script for review.

Any ideas? Has something changed of recent?

Screenshot 2024-02-01 140132 (Large).jpg

01_-_Multimedia_-_Films-Music-Books_-_SYNC--VERIFY.sh

Edited by wacko37
Punctuation