[SOLVED] 500 and 502 errors nginx

Hello all.  I have been having an issue that seemed to start with Plex and now seems to be effecting other aspects of my server.  I keep getting either "500 Internal Server Error nginx" and "502 Bad Gateway nginx" both of which seem to lock up my server.  From what I have been able to deduce from reading other posts, is that it started by moving a large amount of data onto my server and potentially corrupting my nvme cache drive.  So now whether it is plex or more recently backing up personal photos, either of those tasks seem to give me trouble, which then requires me to do a hard shutdown of the system.  I am fairly new to unraid and am looking for any support with this issue.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

That looks to be after the crash so probably isn't much info.

Go to Settings -> Syslog server and turn on mirroring to flash. Then simulate a crash and make sure it actually crashes (i.e. don't be too quick to hard reset, wait maybe 5 minutes and make sure it's still hanging). Then attach the syslog + diagnostics, which hopefully now contains stuff before the crash.

• Thanks 1

@testdasi Started backing up family photos and am now locked out.  Interesting as I am not getting either of the errors from my title, but  I am locked out of the server and the monitor that is hooked up to the server is going crazy in a command line with text scrolling rapidly across the screen.  With no access to the web gui now, not sure what to do.

one thing I noticed in that still is a reference to Wireguard.  I did recently set that up to use as a way for my family to back up remotely to this server.  Anyone know if wireguard causes stability issues?  I do remember something about this not being fully supported or something to that effect

this is what I get from the syslog whenever I start the plex docker...

May 15 16:12:18 JenkinsNAS kernel: BTRFS warning (device nvme0n1p1): csum failed root 5 ino 721987 off 16384 csum 0x505100ca expected csum 0xdc5e0680 mirror 1
May 15 16:12:18 JenkinsNAS kernel: BTRFS warning (device nvme0n1p1): csum failed root 5 ino 721987 off 16384 csum 0x505100ca expected csum 0xdc5e0680 mirror 1

Force shutdown your server.

Grab the syslog from the USB stick and post it here.

Boot to BIOS and make sure there's no overclock and your RAM is running at 2133MHz (i.e. stock DDR4 speed).

Then run memtest for 24 hours.

BTRFS is very sensitive to RAM issues so need to eliminate that first.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Rojen Mcche said:

but something tells me this doesnt look good. 

Did you set the memory speed in the BIOS? I'm not sure how to interpret the numbers I'm seeing, does CLK: 3593 MHz mean anything?

And yes, any fail on memtest is severe, and must be eliminated before things will stabilize. Assuming the memory is not running an overclock (XMP) profile, I would try swapping sticks around and running on one stick at a time in memtest until you get zero errors over a period of not less than 12 hours, I wouldn't trust my data to a server that didn't run at least 24 hours with a clean memtest. 

• Thanks 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] 500 and 502 errors nginx