Server won't sleep

Hi all,

Hardware is a 6700k running on an MSI Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon with a 5700XT. I used to be able to use the S3 sleep plugin and the server would sleep, but now it won't. I can hear the hard drives stop but then nothing else happens until the drives spin up again and it's all back to normal.

This is not so much of an issue apart from not being able to take advantage of using the script to sleep and wake Unraid to help with the Navi reset bug (only really an issue with Linux VM's). The script times out and gives me this error:-

"/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/AMD Reset/script: line 7: echo: write error: Connection timed out"

I've tried restoring defaults in the bios and there's not many settings which refer to S3 sleep and nothing seems to help.

I've tried with and without GUI mode, disabling the iGPU, no usb devices attached at all apart from the stick that Unraid boots from, etc.

Any ideas of other things to try?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, cobhc said:

Hi all,

Hardware is a 6700k running on an MSI Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon with a 5700XT. I used to be able to use the S3 sleep plugin and the server would sleep, but now it won't. I can hear the hard drives stop but then nothing else happens until the drives spin up again and it's all back to normal.

This is not so much of an issue apart from not being able to take advantage of using the script to sleep and wake Unraid to help with the Navi reset bug (only really an issue with Linux VM's). The script times out and gives me this error:-

"/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/AMD Reset/script: line 7: echo: write error: Connection timed out"

I've tried restoring defaults in the bios and there's not many settings which refer to S3 sleep and nothing seems to help.

I've tried with and without GUI mode, disabling the iGPU, no usb devices attached at all apart from the stick that Unraid boots from, etc.

Any ideas of other things to try?

Try this. Worked for me.