[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

On 8/24/2021 at 3:20 PM, C_James said:

Hey Im wondering. has anyone elses normal java minecraft server for 1.17 and 1.17.1 died? like mine os will simply not start a server with 1.17plus .jar set?

Keep in mind that Minecraft 1.17+ requires Java version 16 or newer:

On 6/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, CmdrKeen said:

I was successfully able to specify Java version per server by following instructions from fegkay15 here:

https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/issues/396#issuecomment-859964111

Basically, edit the "server.config" file for each server, and add a line right under the [java] heading:

java_binary=/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

Change 16 to 11 if needed. restart the minecraft server after saving file.

This is the location of the java binary for me. since this is for the mineos docker specifically (not the whole unraid server) and these were installed as part of an update to mineos docker, the location should be the same for everyone, though results may vary. 

Edited by CmdrKeen
  • Like 2

Does anyone else have the same issue i have where any time i download a new version of paper or any time i add a new plugin or add any new files in the appdata folder for mineos, i can't access the webui anymore until i chmod -R 777 the config directory and reboot the docker?

I'm basically wondering if i backup all my servers and torch all traces of the docker and start again...will it fix the issue or are other people experiencing the same thing?

Edited by CmdrKeen
  • 2 weeks later...

Im running a modded minecraft server on the docker, only 1 server running and when its just me playing its fine when player 2 joins it gets a little laggy despite being allocated 5gb xms to 15gb xmx ram, pack is ATM 6 so its about 300 mods 

Is there anything else to up the resources to give a smoother play?

Changed the docker to use 8 cores and 8 threads out of the cpus available, would it be worth upping the allocated ram to 20gb+ in mine os server as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, kikkawa said:

Im running a modded minecraft server on the docker, only 1 server running and when its just me playing its fine when player 2 joins it gets a little laggy despite being allocated 5gb xms to 15gb xmx ram, pack is ATM 6 so its about 300 mods 

Is there anything else to up the resources to give a smoother play?

Changed the docker to use 8 cores and 8 threads out of the cpus available, would it be worth upping the allocated ram to 20gb+ in mine os server as well?

minecraft isn't particularly multi-threaded for CPU; all 8 cores aren't going to be utilized for 1 server. I'd probably uncheck all the CPU cores and just let unraid schedule core usage as it sees fit rather than assigning that many cores to it.

that sounds like a lot of mods for 1 minecraft server to be running. more RAM might help but hard to say. 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:24 AM, CmdrKeen said:

minecraft isn't particularly multi-threaded for CPU; all 8 cores aren't going to be utilized for 1 server. I'd probably uncheck all the CPU cores and just let unraid schedule core usage as it sees fit rather than assigning that many cores to it.

that sounds like a lot of mods for 1 minecraft server to be running. more RAM might help but hard to say. 

Thank you for getting back to me, ill uncheck the cores and let unraid do its thing

ive allocted 15gb for xms and 25gb for xmx which has helped a little, it is a very big mod pack so i know im asking a lot out of the server and docker its maily in one of the dimensions that things can crash

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put this in here for anyone that loses the webgui after starting a minecraft server.

i looked at the start file in the home directory of 'nobody' and noticed the start command for the webgui
'cd /opt/mineos && /home/nobody/.nvm/versions/node/v8.17.0/bin/node ./service.js start'

node also allows stop and status. So i replaced start with status and it said it was not running after starting the minecraft server

so i then ran the start command above and this brought the webgui back up without having to stop and start the entire docker. 

hope this helps someone out there.

Edited by toonamo
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Uplinkpro said:

Fresh install the only options i changed for the docker was the java version to 16, however after i try to login i get no response from the server at all. logs all seem just fine.

are you able to access the webui? or is your issue that a minecraft server isn't working?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, binhex said:

In preparation for Minecraft 1.18 I have bumped up the version of Java from 16 to 17 in the latest image. My understanding is that the current release 1.17 should work fine with Java 17, if you find this is not the case then please let me know

I just updated the docker and experienced this upgrade...

I've got 4 servers running 1.16.5 paper, 1 server running 21w14a (last 1.17 beta before mojang stripped out the world gen), and 1 server running 1.17.1 paper.

the 1.17 and 21w14a servers have no issue running on java version 17 (i specified in the server.config that they use java 17). the 1.16.5 servers will not start with java 17. not sure if I'm doing something wrong but they were working fine on java 16. i set them to use java 8 for now, since java 16 was replaced with java 17 in the docker

also...the JAVA_VERSION variable in the docker config doesn't recognize java version 17 as the default...when i had 16 in there the log said it didn't recognize it and instead set it to "latest". when i emptied the variable, it defaults to java 8

Edited by CmdrKeen
9 hours ago, CmdrKeen said:

also...the JAVA_VERSION variable in the docker config doesn't recognize java version 17 as the default...when i had 16 in there the log said it didn't recognize it and instead set it to "latest". when i emptied the variable, it defaults to java 8

this is expected, basically the options are java v8 (defined by JAVA_VERSION=8, java v11 (JAVA_VERSION=11) and latest java (JAVA_VERSION=latest), the reason for latest as opposed to a numeric is that the os i am using is rolling and thus updates to java can and will happen, if i define the exact version then as time progresses the version will no doubt change meaning i need to then update the template and tell everybody to update the defined version again (template changes are not pushed to end users).

Hi,

After having problems installing the container, I had to change the port from 8443 to 8450 in order to get it to run.  I kept getting this error;

"docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-mineos-node (a2bcf15bc8d80088d401ae9411f93e328e38faf17bd15b7ed165ca1c8cc95f8f): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:8443: bind: address already in use."

Not sure why that was as I am sure I've ran it before without issues... so I am wondering if I've done something "dumb"..

I'm now having problems starting a server...   I create the server, download the profile, set the profile (1.17.1) in the server dialog, click start and nothing happens.  I'm not able to accept the EULA etc.. etc..  I've tried with older profiles as well.. e.g. 1.14.x the same problem...  Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks

Craig

1 hour ago, craig_read said:

"docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-mineos-node (a2bcf15bc8d80088d401ae9411f93e328e38faf17bd15b7ed165ca1c8cc95f8f): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:8443: bind: address already in use."

It simply means that you are already using that port (8443) for something else, maybe another docker or another program running on the server. A port can only be used by one program at a time. If you have multiple dockers that use this port, only one of them can run at a time.

7 minutes ago, clb92 said:

It simply means that you are already using that port (8443) for something else, maybe another docker or another program running on the server. A port can only be used by one program at a time. If you have multiple dockers that use this port, only one of them can run at a time.

Yeah had a look and switched it... what was weird if that I had installed this without this happening previously, hence why I was a little confused.. and I'd not changed the configuration of the system since.  Just need to figure out why it won't start any servers now.

5 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

I had to manually change the server.config file to point to java-17 instead of java-16 in case someone else hits this.

david

I might recommend setting the JAVA_VERSION variable in the unraid docker config to "latest" (no quotes). this will set it to default your servers to java 17 (for now, though if it gets updated past this it should follow suit). If you don't have this variable in the docker config page, you should be able to add it manually:

image.png.450f7b4bff0a64e322515c436a1e0ef4.png

If you need a server to use version 8 or 11, then set it manually in the server.config file for that server.

Edited by CmdrKeen
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, CmdrKeen said:

Is PaperMC no longer available from the profiles download page in the webui?

EDIT: this appears to be an issue with where papermc hosts their files:

https://discourse.codeemo.com/t/paper-profiles-no-longer-available/5100

Yeah, I just noticed that too a few days ago when my server wouldn't run, and I couldn't find PaperMC anywhere. I just manually downloaded the .jar, put it in the mineos/games/servers/SERVERNAME/ folder and selected it in the dropdown "Change runnable .jar to:" and it seems to work for now.

48 minutes ago, clb92 said:

Yeah, I just noticed that too a few days ago when my server wouldn't run, and I couldn't find PaperMC anywhere. I just manually downloaded the .jar, put it in the mineos/games/servers/SERVERNAME/ folder and selected it in the dropdown "Change runnable .jar to:" and it seems to work for now.

i would encourage you guys to raise this as an issue with the mineos-node devs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 3:24 PM, binhex said:

In preparation for Minecraft 1.18 I have bumped up the version of Java from 16 to 17 in the latest image. My understanding is that the current release 1.17 should work fine with Java 17, if you find this is not the case then please let me know

Maybe I'm not understanding things quite right, but I don't see Java 17  and I'm on the latest version according to unraid.  I'm trying to create and run a 1.18 world.

2021-12-27 14_29_31-docker exec -it MineOS-node sh (VDUnraid).png

Edited by dyker