[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

4 hours ago, binhex said:

how did you export your existing world?, im assuming it is a copy of the world folder from another minecraft server, if so is it the java version or something else?. 

edit - looks like there was an issue related to incorrect base extraction folder which is fixed in the latest image, so make sure you are up to date with this image - see here:- https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/commit/4470b9233a09ba7770aff5e09c0240600f93e4d8

I grabbed a direct copy of a friend's server files.  I first ran it on your other minecraft server docker.  The actual minecraft server seems to run just great.  The MineOS web interface only stops responding once the minecraft server is fully up (or at least roughly then, hard to tell for sure).  I checked to make sure that the world and server names have no spaces in them.  I did some testing earlier to see how some of the stuff works before I imported my friend's server, and it seems to run just fine (the MineOS part) with a fresh server.  I am at a loss for what I can test, or how to begin figuring out what the cause is.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

how did you export your existing world?, im assuming it is a copy of the world folder from another minecraft server, if so is it the java version or something else?. 

edit - looks like there was an issue related to incorrect base extraction folder which is fixed in the latest image, so make sure you are up to date with this image - see here:- https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/commit/4470b9233a09ba7770aff5e09c0240600f93e4d8

Well, I DID get it working shortly after I posted, but I will be honest and say I have NO idea what I did differently to make it work.

That being said, that bug fix you linked clearly seems like it would be the fix I needed. But on the same note, that patch is 10 days old and I was messing with this less than 10 days ago.... who knows. It's currently working and everyone (for now) is happy.

Thanks!

Hey, 

nice work but i didnt get it proper to work.

Within the Plugins Tab i always get this error: No Profiles Are Available; Check Internet Connectivity And Refresh The Profile List.

Tried to connect the Docker via Bridge, Host and other Network connections. 

I can ping Internet Adresses but the system is not able to load Plugins. 

Tried the original MineOS as VM and it works flawless but i would like to use your docker.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

17 hours ago, MaggifiXXL said:

Tried to connect the Docker via Bridge,

it should be 'bridge'

17 hours ago, MaggifiXXL said:

Plugins Tab i always get this error: No Profiles Are Available; Check Internet Connectivity And Refresh The Profile List.

then i would say something is blocking the connection to the website used to grab all available releases, most probably pfsense or pihole or something similar being overly zealous with blocking.

• 2 weeks later...

When i try to run an Enigmatica 2 server the webui chrashes? Any idea why? I have done the first time server setup on another computer and transferred it to an empty server created in the webui. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
The webui does complain about the server adding to much to the log too fast and applying rate limiting, could that somehow have an effect?

Hey man, first off - thanks for all the work you do with all your docker images!  Much appreciated.

Secondly.... "Ni"!

Finally, to my issue.... i just did a fresh install of this image, changed nothing on the install (not even the pw - and none of the ports are conflicting) and get to the login, login with root / mineos and get a `This site can't be reached` and the web ui seems to have crashed - have to restart it to access the login.

Can't get in no matter what.

Any suggestions (anything else i can provide detail wise to help troubleshoot)?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by juanamingo
21 hours ago, juanamingo said:

Hey man, first off - thanks for all the work you do with all your docker images!  Much appreciated.

Secondly.... "Ni"!

Finally, to my issue.... i just did a fresh install of this image, changed nothing on the install (not even the pw - and none of the ports are conflicting) and get to the login, login with root / mineos and get a `This site can't be reached` and the web ui seems to have crashed - have to restart it to access the login.

Any suggestions (anything else i can provide detail wise to help troubleshoot)?

Thanks in advance!

Same thing for me actually. I noticed him mentioning that it needs to be run as root. It seems to be set to out of the box from what I can see in the settings for the docker but it's still a no go.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, juanamingo said:

Secondly.... "Ni"!

argghhh!, how dare you say Ni to me! 🙂

On 7/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, juanamingo said:

can you left click icon, select edit, then toggle on advanced view top right, and click show more settings, then screenshot and post it here.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

bloody peasants!

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

/appdata is on the cache drive already, but i did change it to use /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-mineos-node and started it.

At the login using root / mineos and:

image.png.2686bd8da700f4f880d46e3ed791ef67.png

Have to restart the container to get back to the login or  I get:

image.png.4996d779db7918b7203a829d3e9d66d6.png

1 minute ago, juanamingo said:

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. - i know im the peasant now :-), he has better lines.

2 minutes ago, juanamingo said:

At the login using root / mineos and:

dont login as root, use username 'nobody' password 'mineos'

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, binhex said:

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. - i know im the peasant now :-), he has better lines.

(...The Castle of ) aaarrrrggh.

Oooohoohohooo!.... 

No, no. 'Aaaauugggh', at the back of the throat. Aaauugh.

N-- no. No, no, no, no. 'Oooooooh', in surprise and alarm.

26 minutes ago, binhex said:

dont login as root, use username 'nobody' password 'mineos'

Nope... I think I'm the peasant now..... My browser auto-filled the user as `root` because of the last mineos container and i didn't think to change it...  `nobody` worked!

(I figured `Arrrgh` fit well with my reaction when I realized i was dumb)

Thanks again man!

• Like 1

It's been a while since i used the UI - and granted, it was a different docker - but have a couple of questions.

1) The uptime - i thought i remember it being the container uptime, not the server uptime?

2) The load averages - on a fresh install (no servers etc), unless i'm reading them wrong - they seem like they're high? 

image.png.b108f7d61058bd3d593593697d9fc681.png

The UnRaid dashboard, top and htop aren't showing any weird usage.

3 hours ago, juanamingo said:

1) The uptime - i thought i remember it being the container uptime, not the server uptime?

i cant comment about the other container but this one sees the hosts uptime, not much can be done to change this afaik.

3 hours ago, juanamingo said:

2) The load averages - on a fresh install (no servers etc), unless i'm reading them wrong - they seem like they're high? 

is that high?, high compared to what?, difficult for me to compare to be honest, what does top/htop show?

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

i cant comment about the other container but this one sees the hosts uptime, not much can be done to change this afaik.

No worries on that - it just stood out as odd to me is all.  It could be that the other did the same and i had just rebooted, so uptime was low.  I'm getting old, so let's go with bad memory =)

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

is that high?, high compared to what?, difficult for me to compare to be honest, what does top/htop show?

I was reading it as there was about 50% cpu usage, and this is what top is showing now, and the ui

image.png.dd4fd9d3e1ad1d02f911cf765f9e1fa4.png

image.png.bce3078eff41a769f8f30151dbbcabc0.png

I'm guessing now that the use is host related - not container related - just as the uptime.

Hey, I used to run this Docker with no issues but have recently re-installed it and am getting the following error "No profiles are available; check internet connectivity and refresh the profile list." I do have a pfsense Box but can't seem to find any information on why it wouldn't work? I have tried updated the WebUI and re installing the Node packages etc. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I have been using this but keep getting a "Connection Refused".  I have my server set to autostart so my server is running right now and I can play on it but I am unable to access the webpage at all.  This is happening quite frequently.  My only solution I found was to restart the entire server.  I hsbr 8443 port forwarded correctly i believe (i port forwarded the server).  I will shutdown the container and start it up and I will be able to access the mineos and login and operate as normal.  Then something happens and i refresh the page to look at the console log and I get a connection refused although the server is still up and running.  Tips/advice?

edit: I have found that if i start the docker it will be fine but after the minecraft server starts all the way the container can not be reached anymore.  It seems to lose connection once the server reaches 5+gb of ram usage.

MCconfig.PNG

Edited by Dannnnn_the_man
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 2:33 PM, binhex said:

IMPORTANT

Please note this container MUST run as user 'root', group 'root' (PUID=0 PGID=0), otherwise you will be unable to authenticate via the web ui.

Hi binhex.

Where is this set within the xml during install? For my own clarity is that running as root within the container or root under unraid os?

5 hours ago, repomanz said:

Hi binhex.

Where is this set within the xml during install?

its defined when you first setup the container via values for keys PUID and PGID, they need to both be a value of 0.

5 hours ago, repomanz said:

For my own clarity is that running as root within the container or root under unraid os?

its running as root on the host and impersonating root inside the container as user 'nobody'.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:29 AM, binhex said:

it should be 'bridge'

then i would say something is blocking the connection to the website used to grab all available releases, most probably pfsense or pihole or something similar being overly zealous with blocking.

Not sure if this is working correctly: I am getting the same issue on a clean install. profiles don't show up and the spigot profile for build tool does nothing.

5 hours ago, hraboskyjr said:

Not sure if this is working correctly: I am getting the same issue on a clean install. profiles don't show up and the spigot profile for build tool does nothing.

I had to download the build tool from spigot and import it onto the server (replacing the one that was downloaded by the server) then i could create the spigot profiles

11 hours ago, hraboskyjr said:

2 hours ago, Dark202 said:

i have the server set to auto-start and am unable to open the webgui for MineOS and it doesn't look like the server starts either

can you guys confirm what login credentials you are using for the mineos-node web ui?, it should be (taken from the readme.md):-

Login to the web ui is via username 'nobody' with password as specified via env var value for 'WEBUI_PASSWORD'.