[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

Hello,

First off, love your containers, about 1/3rd of my containers are running from your images! 

To get to the point though, I'm currently trying to accomplish 2 tasks for my mineos-node instance. 

1) Being able to run multiple servers (distinguished by port number)

2) Using the swag container to proxy the webui AND the servers to subdomains for friends/family to access. 

Do you have any info on getting this accomplished? Most of what I found were forum posts over on the main mineos forums, and the results were rather inconclusive. I have almost every container of yours running behind a proxy for remote management, if it's possible to use other container .confs as template of sorts.

And of course, given the time of year, Happy Holidays and Happy New (Finally) Year!

6 hours ago, untraceablez said:

Hello,

First off, love your containers, about 1/3rd of my containers are running from your images! 

To get to the point though, I'm currently trying to accomplish 2 tasks for my mineos-node instance. 

1) Being able to run multiple servers (distinguished by port number)

2) Using the swag container to proxy the webui AND the servers to subdomains for friends/family to access. 

Do you have any info on getting this accomplished? Most of what I found were forum posts over on the main mineos forums, and the results were rather inconclusive. I have almost every container of yours running behind a proxy for remote management, if it's possible to use other container .confs as template of sorts.

And of course, given the time of year, Happy Holidays and Happy New (Finally) Year!

Also looking for this

I am trying to add some newer ftb profiles and found that I needed to make some edits at "/usr/games/minecraft/profiles.js" is there an easy way to access this? I couldn't find it in the appdata share

HERE is what I found for what I needed to change

Edited by psimons
Added info

I've been having a problem lately that the Minecraft server itself shuts down on its own, citing:

[Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer/]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 384316ms or 7686 ticks behind

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600X w/ 32GB RAM. I've even tried running the MineOS docker on dedicated CPU threads thinking that might be the issue but no luck. Any help is keeping the server running?

Hello!

I'm not quite sure what's happened but I noticed as of the last 2 weeks a few interesting things started to happen to the WebUI:

When the array comes online (or container is started) the WebUI takes around 10 mins or so to start working.
     -During the time where the WebUI won't load, I can still connect to the sever from the game without issue
When it does finally load up, all the cores I have assigned to this container peak to 80-100% usage for anywhere between 5 and 10 mins ( have 2 cores 2 threads assigned and these are not shared with any other container/application/VM).
It no longer shows I have any backups from the WebUI (but if I check the files, I do).
Perms on the folders are 0777 and accessible by "nobody", so I can't see why that would affect this.
Refreshing the page (I use firefox however, behavior is the same on Chrome), causes the WebUI to become extremely unresponsive for 1-2 mins.  This will cause the cores to peak to 80-100% usage during the 1-2 mins
I tried removing the container completely and re-doing it....and it's still doing the same behavior it was before.

Container logs don't really show anything worthwhile at all but are attached.

I am not sure if anything else may be causing this but I don't really know where else to diagnose. All other containers are working fine.

Only 1 server is running: PAper-MC with the following Java parameters:
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

I have assigned 8gb of ram to this server from the parameters.

Will be glad to upload any other logs if someone can point me to which ones might be good to pull.

I apologize if this is something not related to the container but to Hexparot's code, just figured I'd start here first.

Binhex-MineOS-Node Logs.txt

• Like 1

Loving this docker. My ISP has unfortunately moved to carrier grade NAT, so it's becoming tricky to expose the docker for my kids friends to join and play Minecraft with them. I use PIA with your other VPN docker builds, would it be possible to create a VPN enabled version of this docker. I would gladly assist in the testing.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:21 AM, Rockstar said:

Hello!

I'm not quite sure what's happened but I noticed as of the last 2 weeks a few interesting things started to happen to the WebUI:

When the array comes online (or container is started) the WebUI takes around 10 mins or so to start working.
     -During the time where the WebUI won't load, I can still connect to the sever from the game without issue
When it does finally load up, all the cores I have assigned to this container peak to 80-100% usage for anywhere between 5 and 10 mins ( have 2 cores 2 threads assigned and these are not shared with any other container/application/VM).
It no longer shows I have any backups from the WebUI (but if I check the files, I do).
Perms on the folders are 0777 and accessible by "nobody", so I can't see why that would affect this.
Refreshing the page (I use firefox however, behavior is the same on Chrome), causes the WebUI to become extremely unresponsive for 1-2 mins.  This will cause the cores to peak to 80-100% usage during the 1-2 mins
I tried removing the container completely and re-doing it....and it's still doing the same behavior it was before.

Container logs don't really show anything worthwhile at all but are attached.

I am not sure if anything else may be causing this but I don't really know where else to diagnose. All other containers are working fine.

Only 1 server is running: PAper-MC with the following Java parameters:
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

I have assigned 8gb of ram to this server from the parameters.

Will be glad to upload any other logs if someone can point me to which ones might be good to pull.

I apologize if this is something not related to the container but to Hexparot's code, just figured I'd start here first.

Binhex-MineOS-Node Logs.txt 1.73 kB · 0 downloads

I've been having problems getting the WebUI to load at all this week, which is driving me crazy because I swear it was working fine last month/year and none of my container launch settings have changed in any way.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jaqrab said:

My ISP has unfortunately moved to carrier grade NAT, so it's becoming tricky to expose the docker for my kids friends to join and play Minecraft with them

simple solution to this is to use the docker image duckdns, this automatically tracks your current public ip and if it changes then it updates a dynamic dns entry, you then get your kids friends to connect using the dynamic name (not ip) and thus it will always connect to the correct ip address - do a search on CA for duckdns.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

simple solution to this is to use the docker image duckdns, this automatically tracks your current public ip and if it changes then it updates a dynamic dns entry, you then get your kids friends to connect using the dynamic name (not ip) and thus it will always connect to the correct ip address - do a search on CA for duckdns.

With CGNAT, your "public" IP is private and non-routable. Typically no way to expose ports.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, Hankanman said:

Hi Binhex! Would you be able to updated this container to java 11+? or provide and option for choosing java version in prep for 1.17 Paper not supporting Java 8

Hi, I updated my MineOS to Java 11. Don't know if the method I used is any good but I'm posting the steps just in case it helps anyone. I did it was as so:

In the MineOS Docker console, I used:

pacman -sS java | grep jre

This shows a list of available Java version for install.

pacman -S jre11-openjdk-headless

This install the version of Java/Openjdk you want, in this case 11. It will ask confirmation, just type Y and press return.

archlinux-java status

Shows the versions of Java installed, the new one should appear in the list, Java 8 will still be the default.

archlinux-java set java-11-openjdk

This sets the new version, in this case Java-11, as the default java version.

Now, just reboot your server (no need to reboot the container) and it should be running Java 11.

I personally kept Java 8 installed just in case I encounter any problems but no longer have the Paper upgrade message, have been running 11 for only one day but have not yet encountered any problems.

Sources:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/java

https://www.tecmint.com/install-java-on-arch-linux/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, SimonMisc said:

I've been having problems getting the WebUI to load at all this week, which is driving me crazy because I swear it was working fine last month/year and none of my container launch settings have changed in any way.

Ditto. I have a 6 core 12 thread server with 64gb of ram and over the past 2 or so weeks when I try to save or backup the server the usage will spike to 75-90% usage on all cores/threads for about 10 min.

Something has changed, it takes so long to load the mineos web UI and crushes system resources trying to do anything with the server via the web ui... That is when it loads... it refuses connection for 10-15 min after starting the docker....

Edited by I_TheRenegade_I
added more info

So.. pretty sure I figured out the issue to my WebUI problem.

After doing quite a bit of research on the main dev's forums...it looks like mineOS scans everything at specific intervals. Why? I have no idea. One of the plugins I was using was Dynmap and this program creates a TON of small files for it's own webapp. I am not sure if I am right or not, but it seems every time mineos did it's scan, it had to parse every single file created.  I think mine had in the realm of 190k files (totaling about 800mb). Once i removed this plug-in and all it's contents...everything went back to normal. Seems like this is a limitation with mineOS.

So now that I am running without dynmap, the server is happy again and the webui is extremely responsive. 

On 1/21/2021 at 9:03 AM, ALucio said:

Hi, I updated my MineOS to Java 11. Don't know if the method I used is any good but I'm posting the steps just in case it helps anyone. I did it was as so:

In the MineOS Docker console, I used:

pacman -sS java | grep jre

This shows a list of available Java version for install.

pacman -S jre11-openjdk-headless

This install the version of Java/Openjdk you want, in this case 11. It will ask confirmation, just type Y and press return.

archlinux-java status

Shows the versions of Java installed, the new one should appear in the list, Java 8 will still be the default.

archlinux-java set java-11-openjdk

This sets the new version, in this case Java-11, as the default java version.

Now, just reboot your server (no need to reboot the container) and it should be running Java 11.

I personally kept Java 8 installed just in case I encounter any problems but no longer have the Paper upgrade message, have been running 11 for only one day but have not yet encountered any problems.

Sources:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/java

https://www.tecmint.com/install-java-on-arch-linux/

Just used your steps and this worked!

Thank you so much for posting this!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

So.. pretty sure I figured out the issue to my WebUI problem.

After doing quite a bit of research on the main dev's forums...it looks like mineOS scans everything at specific intervals. Why? I have no idea. One of the plugins I was using was Dynmap and this program creates a TON of small files for it's own webapp. I am not sure if I am right or not, but it seems every time mineos did it's scan, it had to parse every single file created.  I think mine had in the realm of 190k files (totaling about 800mb). Once i removed this plug-in and all it's contents...everything went back to normal. Seems like this is a limitation with mineOS.

So now that I am running without dynmap, the server is happy again and the webui is extremely responsive. 

I had the same problem, I believe you are right and it scans the "Servers" directory.

I managed to fixed my slowness issues whilst keeping the Dynmap plugin installed by asking Dynmap to store its map and web data to a folder outside of "servers".

Personally, I created a new folder solely for Dynmap files in the "games" directory, that way it won't be scanned; I used the following steps:

1. In the MineOS container console, I used:

mkdir /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/tiles/

This creates a new folder for the Dynmap tiles to be stored in.

2. Still in the console, I used:

mkdir /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/web/

This creates a folder for the Dynmap web files.

3. In the Dynmap "Configuration.txt" file, change  "tilespath: web/tiles" to "tilespath: /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/tiles"

4. Still in the Dynmap "Configuration.txt" file, change  "webpath: web" to "webpath: /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/web"

5. I then deleted the "web" folder within the Dynmap plugin folder (doing this means a fullrender will be required as all of the current renders are deleted).

6. After a Dynmap fullrender, all of the necessary files were regenerated in the newly made folders and Dynmap no longer has an impact on loading time.

Another great advantage of doing this is that restore points or archives no longer include Dynmap renders (which can be regenerated easily anyway).

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, darthjonathan12 said:

Does anyone have any advice on next steps to try to get this to start? 

try going to host console and type:-

docker start binhex-mineos-node

this should show you the error thats causing the container not to start, my guess would be port conflict.

• Like 1

So, looking for some help. The WebUI has suddenly deciding to refuse to connect.

I had to change to port 8444 (but its been that way since the start). All my other dockers I can connect too, its literally just mineos and the WebUI. Just refuses to connect.

Scratch this, for some reason the config file in the appdata file didn't take the 8444 port, which is weird as it was working before on 8444. Unfi-Controller uses 8443 as well. So, I have had it different for over a month.

Regardless, changing the port in the config file in appdata seems to have the Web-UI back and running

Edited by I_TheRenegade_I
Solved
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a couple issues with this docker; 

1) It takes over 2 minutes to start (i cannot access the webui for at least 2 minutes after telling unraid to start, after which time it launches my minecraft servers). normally i would just assume that it has a lot it's doing before starting, but i was previously using hexparrot's mineos-node docker and this started almost instantly.

2) sometimes I will loose access to the webui entirely. the minecraft servers continue to function perfectly, but if i need to make any changes or want to start a new server, i need to restart the docker in order to access the webui. I suspect it is a file permissions issue, but I'm not sure what causes it. i have run "chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node" to reset full permissions on the files, but eventually the issue returns.

3) I followed Alucio's instruction on how to install Java 11, which worked great(required a reboot of unraid server, but thats fine). somewhere along the line, Mineos has reverted to using java 8 again, despite changing the default java version to 11 and confirming everything was working correctly. the default version now shows java 8 in command line again.

Edited by CmdrKeen
added #3
  • Like 1
On 2/14/2021 at 4:00 PM, CmdrKeen said:

I'm having a couple issues with this docker; 

1) It takes over 2 minutes to start (i cannot access the webui for at least 2 minutes after telling unraid to start, after which time it launches my minecraft servers). normally i would just assume that it has a lot it's doing before starting, but i was previously using hexparrot's mineos-node docker and this started almost instantly.

2) sometimes I will loose access to the webui entirely. the minecraft servers continue to function perfectly, but if i need to make any changes or want to start a new server, i need to restart the docker in order to access the webui. I suspect it is a file permissions issue, but I'm not sure what causes it. i have run "chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node" to reset full permissions on the files, but eventually the issue returns.

3) I followed Alucio's instruction on how to install Java 11, which worked great(required a reboot of unraid server, but thats fine). somewhere along the line, Mineos has reverted to using java 8 again, despite changing the default java version to 11 and confirming everything was working correctly. the default version now shows java 8 in command line again.

I have the exact same Issues!

• Like 1

Been having a few issues with stability over a few days. The backend, mineos control (:8443), becomes suuuuuuper slow. Players ping-out pretty bad. Once I restart the docker, all is aok again for another few days. The docker log is pretty unhelpful. Any other places to look?

ZPczG0n.png

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2021-02-18 21:47:11.222936 [info] System information Linux c324ee2c7d27 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2021-02-18 21:47:11.259820 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2021-02-18 21:47:11.296765 [info] PUID defined as '0'
2021-02-18 21:47:11.335427 [info] PGID defined as '0'
2021-02-18 21:47:11.439276 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2021-02-18 21:47:11.465531 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2021-02-18 21:47:11.558937 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-02-18 21:47:11.594801 [info] WEBUI_PASSWORD defined as 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
New password: Retype new password: passwd: password updated successfully
2021-02-18 21:47:11.802766 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2021-02-18 21:47:12,224 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos-node.conf" during parsing
2021-02-18 21:47:12,224 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2021-02-18 21:47:12,227 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2021-02-18 21:47:13,230 INFO spawned: 'mineos-node' with pid 62
2021-02-18 21:47:13,230 INFO reaped unknown pid 7 (exit status 0)
2021-02-18 21:47:14,231 INFO success: mineos-node entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2021-02-18 21:47:34,199 DEBG 'mineos-node' stdout output:
[info] Starting MineOS-node...

2021-02-18 21:47:34,454 DEBG 'mineos-node' stdout output:
Starting mineos daemon...

2021-02-18 21:47:35,417 DEBG 'mineos-node' stdout output:
mineos daemon started. PID: 72

2021-02-18 21:47:35,421 DEBG 'mineos-node' stdout output:
[info] MineOS-node started