[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

3 hours ago, clb92 said:
5 hours ago, binhex said:

i too can replicate the download bug, mineos-node sometimes simply crashes if you attempt to download a new release, especially if you attempt 2 downloads simultaneously, no idea why at this point, it is interesting though that you do not see the permissions issue though, which docker image are you using, latest?

I experienced that bug a couple times long time ago too. I doubt it's related to any of the other permissions stuff, to be honest.

agreed

ok well the only real difference from my system to yours is the fact i am using XFS for my cache drive (not in a pool), and your processor is different, im using a AMD 2700x, i guess it COULD be related to BTRFS, other than that i am clueless at the moment as to the fix, other than switching to privileged mode, hmmm.

30 minutes ago, binhex said:

agreed

ok well the only real difference from my system to yours is the fact i am using XFS for my cache drive (not in a pool), and your processor is different, im using a AMD 2700x, i guess it COULD be related to BTRFS, other than that i am clueless at the moment as to the fix, other than switching to privileged mode, hmmm.

I just created a completely fresh container again and put the config in a share that's never cached (so it never touches my BTRFS cache pool). Didn't make any difference.

Man, this is frustrating.

Edited by clb92
6 hours ago, binhex said:

1. do you have any cpu pinning going on?

2. do you limit ram for the container?

3. what filesystem are you running, btrfs or xfs?

4. what is the location for the docker image, cache or array?

5. are you using unassigned devices?

6. how much ram does your host have in total?

7. what is the cpu in your host?.

8. just to confirm, you are logging into the webui as user 'nobody' right?

Decided to pull down the latest and test out.  Bungeecord seems to start no problem, but each paper server does not.

1: Yes I do use pinning on Core/HT 9/21, 10/22, 11/23
2: no container limitation for RAM
3: btrfs (Raid 1)
4: Cache only
5: no unassigned devices atm
6: 32GB total
7: Ryzen 9 3900x
8: Logging in as Nobody.

Figure I'd answer this so you had more data.

I assume you might be right with this java thing... bungeecord doesn't use Java at all and yeah, started with no problems with the container not running privileged.

Paperclip 1.16.5 server start error:

[09:55:09] ain/ERROR]: No key layers in MapLike[{}]; No key structures in MapLike[{}]; Not a registry ops
[09:55:09] ain/INFO]: Environment: authHost='https://authserver.mojang.com', accountsHost='https://api.mojang.com', sessionHost='https://sessionserver.mojang.com', servicesHost='https://api.minecraftservices.com', name='PROD'
[09:55:09] ain/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.<init>(Convertable.java:42) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-445]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.a(Convertable.java:50) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-445]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Main.main(Main.java:112) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-445]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:276) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-445]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at io.papermc.paperclip.Paperclip.main(Paperclip.java:58) ~[paperclip.jar:?]
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:837) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.<init>(Convertable.java:40) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-445]
... 8 more

Like others have posted, I also ran into the same issues with java in the latest docker image (binhex/arch-mineos-node:5670b46c4f22e806ce5819a7f86042df4b4ecc23-04). I also tried setting the container to have privileged mode but still had the same issue as well (see spoiler).

Spoiler

[13:42:58] ain/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.<init>(Convertable.java:42) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-553]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.a(Convertable.java:50) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-553]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Main.main(Main.java:112) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-553]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:276) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-553]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at io.papermc.paperclip.Paperclip.main(Paperclip.java:58) ~[paper-1.16.5-553.jar:?]
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:837) ~[?:1.8.0_282]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.Convertable.<init>(Convertable.java:40) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-553]
... 8 more

After reading through the issues referenced in itzg/docker-minecraft-server issue 795, I found that the developer ended up currently resolving the issues by adding the :Z flag to the volume mount for docker. Changing the mount flag to be rw,Z

with the container in privileged mode fixed the issue. Why? I have no idea, but it works reliably for now! I think the Z mount flag is related to something with AppArmor, so that may be related within parts of the image?

To change the mount flag, you need to edit the configuration file generated on the flash storage device for Unraid (the webUI does not support these additional docker flags). I found help from this forum post, but basically just edit /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-mineos-node.xml and change the Mode XML value within the Volume section to be rw,Z instead of rw.

It should look something like this:

Spoiler

<Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/config</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw,Z</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>

Hopefully this helps for troubleshooting the root issue for the image! Setting privileged mode to make this work shouldn't really be necessary, since the container will be less secure than normal with greater permissions to the host OS.

I just tried making that change to my template XML, but it changes nothing for me. Same error as before.

Am I reading it right that you needed both this XML change AND to run as privileged to get it working? If so, that's strange. Simply running as privileged without the XML change works for me (but obviously that's a terrible solution!)

12 hours ago, binhex said:

i too can replicate the download bug, mineos-node sometimes simply crashes if you attempt to download a new release, especially if you attempt 2 downloads simultaneously, no idea why at this point, it is interesting though that you do not see the permissions issue though, which docker image are you using, latest?

I am using latest, though when the previous version was released i had some crazy problems and had to revert to an older version until you undid those changes.

I am also using btrfs on my cache drive and i am running in priviledged mode, though i have experienced the same issues with priviledged mode turned on and off so ... not sure if that's important or not.

Hi Binhex, since you switched back to Java 8, my FTB Infinity server (based on minecraft 1.7.10) starts now. I just recreated the container. 

A lot of mod packs are still on older versions of the game that don't support Java 11. 

Is there a way to, in future when you're going to change to Java 11 again, make it a container parameter so we can launch with "java_runtime_8" or "java_runtime_11"? 

That would give everyone the most flexibility in running whatever servers they want. 

Thanks for making this container and for all that you do 😊

On 3/17/2021 at 7:26 AM, binhex said:

left click on the icon in unraid ui, and select 'console' and then run the following and let me know what it returns:-

java -version

also what is the existing server and newly created servers?, mojang? paper? what versions.

Sorry for the delay: work has been busy.

In answer to your question:

openjdk version "1.8.0_282"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_282-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.282-b08, mixed mode)

My existing server is a mojang 1.16.4. The new servers were mojang 1.12. and 1.12.2, forge 1.17.10, and TerraFirmaPunk-2.1.0.

Running on UNRaid 6.9.1 hosted on an older Dell server with dual Xeon X5570 CPUs, 240 GiB of RAM, and plenty of free disk space. Filesystem is xfs.

No pinned CPUs.

Fifteen other Docker containers running with no issues..

Just now, PsykoB said:

I'm hesitant to update the docker. Should I do it? Have the issues been resolved?

Has not been resolved yet. If it works for you now, just stay on that version for a while longer.

Binhex made a new test image of binhex-minecraftserver (not MineOS) yesterday and is waiting for feedback, since he's not able to reproduce the issue himself.

1 minute ago, clb92 said:

Has not been resolved yet. If it works for you now, just stay on that version for a while longer.

Binhex made a new test image of binhex-minecraftserver (not MineOS) yesterday and is waiting for feedback, since he's not able to reproduce the issue himself.

Thanks. I'll wait for sure! My son really love his Minecraft server...  Thank you to all!!!

3 hours ago, clb92 said:

alright got another test image to try, this one uses the older jre that was used in the old 'test' tagged image that works for you. so please give binhex/mineos-node:test2 image a whirl and let me know how that goes.

37 minutes ago, binhex said:

alright got another test image to try, this one uses the older jre that was used in the old 'test' tagged image that works for you. so please give binhex/mineos-node:test2 image a whirl and let me know how that goes.

Unfortunately, it did not work. Same error as earlier.

Edited by clb92
8 hours ago, binhex said:

Hmm. My system says that that image is no longer available: did you remove it?

[SOLVED] Typo, user error: 19132 for a 19123 or something. Gahhh!!

Trying to get GeyserMC plugin going. I'm close... I get the "unable to connect to world." I have gotten this working on other servers, ones I pay for (Shockbyte hosting). But I'm trying to make this one work inside unRaid Docker.

1. added Port for the Docker config, 19132 UDP (see attached)

2. forwarded 19132 UDP on router to unRaid box

added Geyser-spigot.jar to plug-ins folder. Restarted server.

https://geysermc.org/

added Floodgate authentication

https://github.com/GeyserMC/Geyser/wiki/Floodgate

Made change to Geyser-Spigot/config.yml

remote:

auth-type: floodgate

reviewed some Common Problems

https://github.com/GeyserMC/Geyser/wiki/Common-Issues

Any ideas on where to look next? Perhaps some better logging somewhere? Thanks!

I was able to test if the port was open using

https://check-host.net/check-udp?host=minecraft.mydomain.com:19132

The UDP port is coming back Closed, or not listening. I'm sure this has something to do with it.

added udp.png

Edited by dkerlee
Spoiler
13 hours ago, dkerlee said:

Trying to get GeyserMC plugin going. I'm close... I get the "unable to connect to world." I have gotten this working on other servers, ones I pay for (Shockbyte hosting). But I'm trying to make this one work inside unRaid Docker.

1. added Port for the Docker config, 19132 UDP (see attached)

2. forwarded 19132 UDP on router to unRaid box

added Geyser-spigot.jar to plug-ins folder. Restarted server.

https://geysermc.org/

added Floodgate authentication

https://github.com/GeyserMC/Geyser/wiki/Floodgate

Made change to Geyser-Spigot/config.yml

remote:

auth-type: floodgate

reviewed some Common Problems

https://github.com/GeyserMC/Geyser/wiki/Common-Issues

Any ideas on where to look next? Perhaps some better logging somewhere? Thanks!

I was able to test if the port was open using

https://check-host.net/check-udp?host=minecraft.mydomain.com:19132

The UDP port is coming back Closed, or not listening. I'm sure this has something to do with it.

added udp.png

Geyser and Floodgate plugins require forwarding 19132 both UDP and TCP since Bedrock uses both (at least it seemed to for me...no mention of it on the FAQ page for GeyserMC).

Also, if you use dynamic dns service like duckdns for your address, sometimes these don't work. I had mine initially reject connection but after a few minutes it started working. 

Edited by CmdrKeen
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, CmdrKeen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Geyser and Floodgate plugins require forwarding 19132 both UDP and TCP since Bedrock uses both (at least it seemed to for me...no mention of it on the FAQ page for GeyserMC).

Also, if you use dynamic dns service like duckdns for your address, sometimes these don't work. I had mine initially reject connection but after a few minutes it started working. 

And to get both udp and tcp you added two port entries in the docket config? Ah, and set port forwarding on router to both. 

it was my understanding that Java uses 25565 tcp, and bedrock uses 19132 udp.  Geyser sits between them - and yet, it ain’t working! So I’m certainly doing something wrong. I’ll try two docker entries for both 19132 tcp and 19132 udp. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, DGB said:

Sounds like i'm having a similar problem

Minecraft server was running fine until I did the update now I can't connect to it unless i turn on "privileged" is this likely to cause any problems?

Thanks

Do not run it as privileged. It's a big security risk.

Binhex posted in the MinecraftServer (not MineOS) support thread that it can be temporarily fixed with a simple command (after every reboot), until it's permanently fixed in a future Unraid update:

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, clb92 said:

Do not run it as privileged. It's a big security risk.

Binhex posted in the MinecraftServer (not MineOS) support thread that it can be temporarily fixed with a simple command (after every reboot), until it's permanently fixed in a future Unraid update:

Great thanks for the quick reply thats got it running again

Do you know if it will be posted on here when the problems resolved?

Thanks