[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-mineos-node in the binhex repo.

Application: MineOS-node- https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-mineos-node/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-mineos-node

Documentation: https://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer 😁

btn_donate_SM.gif&key=57f6b617e37a194c35

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

• Like 1

IMPORTANT

Please note this container MUST run as user 'root', group 'root' (PUID=0 PGID=0), otherwise you will be unable to authenticate via the web ui.

MineOS-node can NOT currently create Minecraft Bedrock servers, if you need a Minecraft Bedrock server (Windows and console players) then please use THIS image.

Edited by binhex
Sorry for the stupidity but what is default user name.    I see the setting for password obviously, and saw the note and ran in privileged but unsure of the default user
root account is not the same as privileged flag, your do not need to run privileged for this container.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm just gonna ask since I love your containers and respect the work you do, use a good few of them already. I have already set up the other MineOS docker for unraid and so far it has been working more or less fine, no real issues that I can tell at least, new to this whole Minecraft thing bother for playing the game in general and also for running a MC server. So I guess I want to know, is there any benefit to using your container and going through the rigamarole of switching my files and such over to be used on your container over the other? As in, is it more up to date? That sort of thing...

Thanks for your contributions and have a great rest of your day!

10 hours ago, cammelspit said:

is there any benefit to using your container and going through the rigamarole of switching my files and such over to be used on your container over the other? As in, is it more up to date? That sort of thing...

mineos doesnt really do github 'releases' too often so im targeting github master branch, i would suspect the image you are using does something similar, so they are probably fairly similar if not identical as far as version of mineos goes.

the advantage to using this image comes when you are using more of my other images, as the size of the download will be reduced, as docker uses layers of other binhex docker images already on your system.

i wont say the transition would be painless though, you would need to work out where your data is currently saved and copy it over to match the folder structure i have used, so it might take a bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...

This Docker locks down the files really hard. I set the archive and server labels to point to public shares so I can easily change the servers files and download archives, but I keep getting no permissions warnings.

I need to be able to add and remove files to the docker, but now I gotta use FTP and shit?

13 hours ago, Spoonikle said:

This Docker locks down the files really hard. I set the archive and server labels to point to public shares so I can easily change the servers files and download archives, but I keep getting no permissions warnings.

I need to be able to add and remove files to the docker, but now I gotta use FTP and shit?

this is due to the requirement to run this as root, thus any files/folders created are owned by user root, group root. 

if you want to allow other users to access it then you will have to chmod /config recursively, e.g.:-

chmod -R 777 /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-mineos-node

this will then permit other users read and write to all files/folders for this container. obviously if mineos-node creates any additional files then you would need to chmod those as well, i know this is a pain but there is no way around it (ive tried!).

edit - decided to include the chmod on startup and also some magic incantations to set rwx on newly created directories, so this should cover most cases, look out for new image soon.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, klave7 said:

Is there a way to change the username from 'nobody' to something else?

not easily no, i know it seems like a strange username but its due to the way the images are built and they all use the same account name, it would be a pain to change this just for this one image.

• 3 weeks later...

MineOS-node

Ok, I seem to have a problem with this docker. I can make new servers just fine, but when I import a server from zip, it unzips into <server name>/world and then moves everything back into <server name> leaving /world/ empty. Then when I launch the server, it creates a new server inside /world/.

I thought I could manually just move all my files into the /world/ but I don't seem to have permissions to do so?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm tearing (what's left) of my hair out here.

Thanks!

Firstly, I am still quite new at this whole UNRaid thing, but I love all the work you have done.  I know this is likely a stretch.  I installed the mine-os docker, and the server I imported runs just fine.  BUT, as soon as the server comes online the web page for monitoring the mine-os thing stops working.  The container is still running, I can open the console and see the logfile chugging along for the minecraft server, but the web interface just doesn't respond.  It is probably one of the mods or some setting of the actual server, since it is heavily modded.  I just don't really have any idea where to start to figure this out.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, imit8r said:

Firstly, I am still quite new at this whole UNRaid thing, but I love all the work you have done.  I know this is likely a stretch.  I installed the mine-os docker, and the server I imported runs just fine.  BUT, as soon as the server comes online the web page for monitoring the mine-os thing stops working.  The container is still running, I can open the console and see the logfile chugging along for the minecraft server, but the web interface just doesn't respond.  It is probably one of the mods or some setting of the actual server, since it is heavily modded.  I just don't really have any idea where to start to figure this out.  Any help would be appreciated.

I had this issue with this container and the other minos container. The only sort of solution was to log out and log back in. This resolved the webgui not responding about 50% of the time. I tried on several browsers to still the same. I got tired of that and now have mineos installed as a vm and it has zero issues and I've been frustration free.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:56 AM, jpotrz said:

MineOS-node

Ok, I seem to have a problem with this docker. I can make new servers just fine, but when I import a server from zip, it unzips into <server name>/world and then moves everything back into <server name> leaving /world/ empty. Then when I launch the server, it creates a new server inside /world/.

I thought I could manually just move all my files into the /world/ but I don't seem to have permissions to do so?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm tearing (what's left) of my hair out here.

Thanks!

how did you export your existing world?, im assuming it is a copy of the world folder from another minecraft server, if so is it the java version or something else?. 

edit - looks like there was an issue related to incorrect base extraction folder which is fixed in the latest image, so make sure you are up to date with this image - see here:- https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/commit/4470b9233a09ba7770aff5e09c0240600f93e4d8

Edited by binhex
15 hours ago, imit8r said:

sounds like a bug in mineos-node, this looks interesting:-

https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/issues/350

edit - one other thing to look out for, make sure the name of the imported server does not have a space in it as this is not permitted in mineos-node.

Edited by binhex

Alright, so I'm currently running a vanilla server with about 8-10 players and the server is lagging a bit (140ish ticks behind). It seems to be pegging one thread at a time, alternating between different threads. Is there a way to spread the load across more cores? Or is minecraft heavily limited to a single thread? (running a E3-1245 v5)

20 minutes ago, Alfred14 said:

Or is minecraft heavily limited to a single thread?

sadly that is the case for some parts of java minecraft, there is a push to try and finally make all of minecraft multi threaded but that is not the case yet.

a link discussing it:- https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360047514492--Java-Edition-Performance-Enhancements-For-Minecraft-Servers-Multithreading-?&page=1

Edited by binhex