[Support] binhex - MineOS-node


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, jj_uk said:

I use CA Appdata Backup to do an overnight backup of all dockers. When the docker is stopped, do you know if the minecraft servers are gracefully stopped, or is it just killed?

 

Worried about data loss if the servers are killed.

 

 

 

Stopping the MineOS docker from unraid WebUI does not "gracefully" stop minecraft servers as far as i know, so i would assume that CA Appdata Backup wouldn't be able to either.

That being said, as long as nobody is actively playing on the servers i wouldn't worry too much about data loss. it usually saves to file very frequently in case of power less, unexpected shutdown, etc.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, CmdrKeen said:

Stopping the MineOS docker from unraid WebUI does not "gracefully" stop minecraft servers as far as i know,

actually it should do, i have code in place to perform a graceful shutdown, as long as mineos shuts down within the 10 second window (defined by unraid) AND mineos itself manages and correctly shuts down all running servers then you shouldn't end up with any world changes lost.

Link to comment

Is it possible to have multiple users with this docker? Mineos itself seems to be setup for this but I can't figure out how it works. I'm guessing it uses system users. I assume that adding system users inside of the docker wouldn't be persistent.

Link to comment
22 hours ago, jj_uk said:

I've installed Mojang and PaperMC. With Mojang, I have access to the plugins folder, but in papermc i get a permissions error.

How can I add plugins?

 

 

Looks like the files created by PaperMC have 'other' permissions set to read-only. Would it be possible to chmod o=rw all files on startup?

 

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same "operation not permitted" error that multiple people in this thread had in late March. Was there ever a concrete solution to the error? I saw several possible solutions in the thread, but none seemed definitive.

 

Here's my logs for reference:

[23:03:51] ain/INFO]: Environment: authHost='https://authserver.mojang.com', accountsHost='https://api.mojang.com', sessionHost='https://sessionserver.mojang.com', servicesHost='https://api.minecraftservices.com', name='PROD'

[23:03:51] ain/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted

at cyg.<init>(SourceFile:98) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

at cyg.a(SourceFile:105) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.Main.main(SourceFile:117) inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:837) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at cyg.<init>(SourceFile:96) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

... 2 more

Link to comment
Just now, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

I'm experiencing the same "operation not permitted" error that multiple people in this thread had in late March. Was there ever a concrete solution to the error? I saw several possible solutions in the thread, but none seemed definitive.

 

Here's my logs for reference:

[23:03:51] ain/INFO]: Environment: authHost='https://authserver.mojang.com', accountsHost='https://api.mojang.com', sessionHost='https://sessionserver.mojang.com', servicesHost='https://api.minecraftservices.com', name='PROD'

[23:03:51] ain/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted

at cyg.<init>(SourceFile:98) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

at cyg.a(SourceFile:105) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.server.Main.main(SourceFile:117) inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: .: Operation not permitted

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.toRealPath(UnixPath.java:837) ~[?:1.8.0_282]

at cyg.<init>(SourceFile:96) ~inecraft_server.1.16.5.jar:?]

... 2 more

The solution should be to update Unraid, or if that's not possible, install a newer version of 'runc' yourself (search and you'll find a how-to somewhere around here by binhex)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Hi,

 

I seem to be having a problem when trying to download a FTB profile, any time I download the profile I want (say FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.12 (mc: 1.12.2)) it downloads to 99%(ish sometimes its 97%) and then the whole WebUI crashes, refreshing the page gives the normal "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" and wont work until I restart the container.

 

There's no error messages in the log screen it just stops working, is there somewhere else I can get a log to help work out why the WebUI just stops working?

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 9:40 AM, SmokeyOdin said:

Hi,

 

I seem to be having a problem when trying to download a FTB profile, any time I download the profile I want (say FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.12 (mc: 1.12.2)) it downloads to 99%(ish sometimes its 97%) and then the whole WebUI crashes, refreshing the page gives the normal "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" and wont work until I restart the container.

 

There's no error messages in the log screen it just stops working, is there somewhere else I can get a log to help work out why the WebUI just stops working?

What I ended up doing was manually downloading the JAR.

 

Login via FTP.

 

Once you find the Profiles > FTB, you'll see the current JAR that you tried downloading. It'll usually be the wrong size. Delete it and replace it with the correct JAR that you downloaded. Don't forget to rename the JAR you downloaded to whatever JAR file you are replacing. 

Edited by raytian
the renaming part
Link to comment
On 3/13/2021 at 10:42 PM, Lewtz said:

I was using mineos, but kept running into limitations on what i wanted to do.  Me and some buddies have run across Crafty Control for Minecraft and it is much much smoother and supports dockers.  And is much more modern for controlling Minecraft.  Was wondering if you could make a docker for the repo os it.

would be great!

Link to comment
On 3/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, Lewtz said:

I was using mineos, but kept running into limitations on what i wanted to do.  Me and some buddies have run across Crafty Control for Minecraft and it is much much smoother and supports dockers.  And is much more modern for controlling Minecraft.  Was wondering if you could make a docker for the repo os it.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:05 PM, freddy 05 said:

would be great!

Crafty is now available in CA, link to support thread:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/108893-support-binhex-crafty

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea if Java 16 will be dropped into an update for us bleeding edge folks that wanna run 1.17 Pre-3?

While I have seen the post about updating the JDK manually, it would appear I'm a bit smooth brained, cuz "pacman" doesn't not exist on this docker. 

Link to comment
On 6/2/2021 at 9:59 AM, Lydo said:

Any idea if Java 16 will be dropped into an update for us bleeding edge folks that wanna run 1.17 Pre-3?

While I have seen the post about updating the JDK manually, it would appear I'm a bit smooth brained, cuz "pacman" doesn't not exist on this docker. 

this has now been added in prep for tuesday (cliffs and caves), i have no idea how you specify java version in mineos, im assuming you can specify the command line to the java version you want, if so then the path for java 16 is:-

/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

 

p.s. also added java 11 for papermc users, path would be /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/bin/java

Link to comment
On 6/5/2021 at 5:18 PM, binhex said:

this has now been added in prep for tuesday (cliffs and caves), i have no idea how you specify java version in mineos, im assuming you can specify the command line to the java version you want, if so then the path for java 16 is:-

/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

 

p.s. also added java 11 for papermc users, path would be /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/bin/java

I just wanted to say thanks for your amazing work for the community. You keep on top of so many different releases and different types of projects that make running a server on unraid even better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
I just wanted to say thanks for your amazing work for the community. You keep on top of so many different releases and different types of projects that make running a server on unraid even better.
Thank you for the donation, I'm glad you enjoy my work

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I've been trying for a few weeks to revive my mineos-node install (I've been running for a couple years now, without issue)

Currently just did a clean install on unraid 6.8.3.  Running privileged, all on the SSD cache drive.

 

Most of the time, when I go to profiles I get:
 

No Profiles Are Available; Check Internet Connectivity And Refresh The Profile List.

 

Sometimes I get a profile list, but when I go to d/l one it usually gets to around 90% +/- 2-3%, and the UI hangs for 4-5 minutes, then comes back (but the profile usually usually doesn't actually download, though occasionally it does)

Servers show up, occasionally, and then don't (usually after the above profile d/l hang)  It almost seems like something in the profile download/scan process hangs the entire application. 

I've intermittently gotten profiles to d/l and usually the servers come back, after a half hour or so. The host itself is basically idle, (load avg .04)

When I 'docker exec -it bash' into the container, /var/log/mineos.log shows nothing abnormal.  Any pointers as to where to dig around for possible problems?  I'm not super familiar with node and it's logging so any direction would be helpful.  Be glad to help troubleshoot, just don't know where to look.

 

-c

 





 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, binhex said:

this has now been added in prep for tuesday (cliffs and caves), i have no idea how you specify java version in mineos, im assuming you can specify the command line to the java version you want, if so then the path for java 16 is:-

/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

 

p.s. also added java 11 for papermc users, path would be /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/bin/java

I'm trying to get a server up and running for 1.17 and it doesn't work. 1.16.5 does though, so I'm thinking it has to do with Java versions. It just says image.png.af43af0e7a7780151f3dfdc6fe5337c4.png and if it does start it just shutsdown a few seconds later.

Edited by ExplosiveGhost
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ExplosiveGhost said:

I'm trying to get a server up and running for 1.17 and it doesn't work. 1.16.5 does though, so I'm thinking it has to do with Java versions. It just says image.png.af43af0e7a7780151f3dfdc6fe5337c4.png and if it does start it just shutsdown a few seconds later.

indeed, you need java 16 for minecraft 1.17+, java 16 is included in the image so you need to find out how you specify the java runtime for your server in mineos-node (i have no idea how to do this) see here:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/92533-support-binhex-mineos-node/?do=findComment&comment=1002456

 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Dang it. This is for a different Binhex docker, Minecraft Server

 

Quote

In preparation for the onslaught of 'I've just updated to Cliffs and Caves update 1.17 and now it won't start' messages that will hit tomorrow, please see Q2. from the FAQ:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/minecraftserver.md

Quote

This is done by changing the value for env var JAVA_VERSION, valid values are 8,12, or 16, the procedure for this is as follows:-

1. Launch unRAID Web UI and go to 'Docker' tab.

2. Left click the Minecraft Sever icon and select 'Edit'

3. Scroll down until you see Container Variable: JAVA_VERSION then click on Edit

4. Set the value to the version of Java you want. e.g:-

     Value set to 8 = Java 8 (Default Java version)
     Value set to 11 = Java 11 (Required by papermc)
     Value set to 16 = Java 16 (Required by Minecraft 1.17+)

5. Click on SAVE

6. Click on Apply

 

Looking forward to getting this going. Here's a little start.

To get to the docker specific commandline, go to unRaid webUI > Docker > binhex-mineos-node > "Console_"

 

The default version of java is still /usr/sbin/java, which is openjdk version "1.8.0_292"

sh-5.1# which java
/usr/sbin/java
sh-5.1# /usr/sbin/java -showversion
openjdk version "1.8.0_292"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_292-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.292-b10, mixed mode)

 

The newer version of java DOES exist, like @binhex says, but it's not the default java.

sh-5.1# cd /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin
sh-5.1# ./java -showversion
openjdk version "16.0.1" 2021-04-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 16.0.1+9-24)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0.1+9-24, mixed mode, sharing)

 

So we need to to one of two things:

1. let the Docker/server know there's another version of java we want to run

or

2. change the default version to the new one.

Edited by dkerlee
Link to comment

Likely not the best method, but I needed this up and going pending a better fix.

-Installed the latest docker version

-Set the docker as privileged. Not entirely sure why this is necessary, but 1.17 will not run otherwise

-Log in to console for MineOs, switch symbolic link for java executable

-rm -f /usr/bin/java

-ln -sf /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java /usr/bin/java

  • Like 2
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, tehfibi said:

Likely not the best method, but I needed this up and going pending a better fix.

-Installed the latest docker version

-Set the docker as privileged. Not entirely sure why this is necessary, but 1.17 will not run otherwise

-Log in to console for MineOs, switch symbolic link for java executable

-rm -f /usr/bin/java

-ln -sf /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java /usr/bin/java

 

I did the same, kids are playing 1.17 now.  They haven't been this anxious for a MC release in awhile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, dkerlee said:

Dang it. This is for a different Binhex docker, Minecraft Server

 

 

Looking forward to getting this going. Here's a little start.

To get to the docker specific commandline, go to unRaid webUI > Docker > binhex-mineos-node > "Console_"

 

The default version of java is still /usr/sbin/java, which is openjdk version "1.8.0_292"


sh-5.1# which java
/usr/sbin/java
sh-5.1# /usr/sbin/java -showversion
openjdk version "1.8.0_292"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_292-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.292-b10, mixed mode)

 

The newer version of java DOES exist, like @binhex says, but it's not the default java.


sh-5.1# cd /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin
sh-5.1# ./java -showversion
openjdk version "16.0.1" 2021-04-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 16.0.1+9-24)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0.1+9-24, mixed mode, sharing)

 

So we need to to one of two things:

1. let the Docker/server know there's another version of java we want to run

or

2. change the default version to the new one.

would deleting the older versions of java work?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ExplosiveGhost said:

would deleting the older versions of java work?

I would guess no. Program need to know where to look for stuff. If you delete the default version of java (/usr/bin/java) Minecraft won't know where to look for the other java (/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java). I wonder if this work around will outlast a reboot?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.