[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

2 hours ago, binhex said:

can you guys confirm what login credentials you are using for the mineos-node web ui?, it should be (taken from the readme.md):-

Login to the web ui is via username 'nobody' with password as specified via env var value for 'WEBUI_PASSWORD'.

I can confirm that I am using nobody and mineos as the pw. I can get into the interface, and can create a server, but I can't start the server due to no profiles. 

8 minutes ago, hraboskyjr said:

I can confirm that I am using nobody and mineos as the pw. I can get into the interface, and can create a server, but I can't start the server due to no profiles. 

hmm just tried it on a clean install and i can download and install spigot build tools:-

image.thumb.png.4a575e56bebffd118803ea8a2829043d.png

which if i then click on spigot i get:-

image.thumb.png.fb13fe08823bca78a957b697523a811e.png

i can also see mojang releases:-

image.thumb.png.9cd233ae7d12ffe469fcf3d74d452ce3.png

so im confident the docker image is working as intended, the issue has to be a blocking problem, as suggested previously, probably vlan, pihole, pfsense or some other security device on your network is blocking access.

44 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm just tried it on a clean install and i can download and install spigot build tools:-

image.thumb.png.4a575e56bebffd118803ea8a2829043d.png

which if i then click on spigot i get:-

image.thumb.png.fb13fe08823bca78a957b697523a811e.png

When I downloaded the BuildTools.jar and then tried to build a Spigot profile I was getting an error and when I consoled into Unraid and looked at the files I could see that the BuildTools.jar file was 0kb, even though it said that the BuildTools.jar file was downloaded
Replaced it with a manually downloaded BuildTools.jar file and had no issues

2 minutes ago, Dark202 said:

When I downloaded the BuildTools.jar and then tried to build a Spigot profile I was getting an error and when I consoled into Unraid and looked at the files I could see that the BuildTools.jar file was 0kb,

that does sound like a bug in mineos-node then, perhaps the url to buildtools has changed and mineos-node has not been updated to the new url, please post this as an 'issue' on their github repo (see OP for link).

41 minutes ago, binhex said:

that does sound like a bug in mineos-node then, perhaps the url to buildtools has changed and mineos-node has not been updated to the new url, please post this as an 'issue' on their github repo (see OP for link).

HeTTwX1.png

This is what i'm getting at the moment on a clean for reference. Literally just pulled the profile. I had to change 8443 -> 8444 due to unifi taking 8443. I am also not running any adblocker / pfsense / pihole for dns. 

52 minutes ago, hraboskyjr said:

HeTTwX1.png

This is what i'm getting at the moment on a clean for reference. Literally just pulled the profile. I had to change 8443 -> 8444 due to unifi taking 8443. I am also not running any adblocker / pfsense / pihole for dns. 

try a different browser, make sure there are no addblock or script blocking addons going on, try a incognito window.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

try a different browser, make sure there are no addblock or script blocking addons going on, try a incognito window.

So when I went back to it, the correct stuff was there? so it does sound like a network thing, but not sure why it's taking so long for it to reach out to where it needs to. I navigated to the profiles and did a wget of the latest buildtools.jar and did a reboot of the docker container via unraid reboot and it's back to not being able to see anything. diff browsers give same results.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:48 AM, hraboskyjr said:

So when I went back to it, the correct stuff was there? so it does sound like a network thing, but not sure why it's taking so long for it to reach out to where it needs to. I navigated to the profiles and did a wget of the latest buildtools.jar and did a reboot of the docker container via unraid reboot and it's back to not being able to see anything. diff browsers give same results.

I have a theory it might be the firewall rules? i tried to add 8444 instead of 8443 and got a permissions issue in the console.

any idea how I would add the 8444

• 2 weeks later...

@binhex 

Thank you for the continuous development of this Docker, its a great implementation to run custom servers. As the other user was mentioning, downloading the buildtools.jar file does not work, it creates a 16kb buildtools.jar file which does nothing. If I manually replace it in filezilla with the latest downloaded buildtools file, it appears to be able to build the spigot files correctly.

-Zombiehedgehog

Good evening, 

Has anyone set up a Sky Factory 4 server using this docker? I’m new to Minecraft server hosting in docker. I have set up a few vanilla servers using this docker, but have not been able to get an SF4 server set up. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to use the server files for this mod pack or the client mod pack files.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 10:07 PM, Dannnnn_the_man said:

I have been using this but keep getting a "Connection Refused".  I have my server set to autostart so my server is running right now and I can play on it but I am unable to access the webpage at all.  This is happening quite frequently.  My only solution I found was to restart the entire server.  I hsbr 8443 port forwarded correctly i believe (i port forwarded the server).  I will shutdown the container and start it up and I will be able to access the mineos and login and operate as normal.  Then something happens and i refresh the page to look at the console log and I get a connection refused although the server is still up and running.  Tips/advice?

edit: I have found that if i start the docker it will be fine but after the minecraft server starts all the way the container can not be reached anymore.  It seems to lose connection once the server reaches 5+gb of ram usage.

MCconfig.PNG

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I am also having the same problem where once the server starts running and uses more than 5-6 gigs of ram it locks the mineos docker and refuses to let me connect to the webUI even though I used that to create the server.  I have a 1.12.2 server running a custom forge mod pack.  Its working great besides the fact I can't load mineos webUI once I launch the server.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, Grydian said:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I am also having the same problem where once the server starts running and uses more than 5-6 gigs of ram it locks the mineos docker and refuses to let me connect to the webUI even though I used that to create the server.  I have a 1.12.2 server running a custom forge mod pack.  Its working great besides the fact I can't load mineos webUI once I launch the server.

I'm having this exact same problem, how ever i cant confirm it to be linked to ram usage, just as soon as the server loads fully, if i refresh the web ui i cant get back in

22 hours ago, MitchElwell said:

I'm having this exact same problem, how ever i cant confirm it to be linked to ram usage, just as soon as the server loads fully, if i refresh the web ui i cant get back in

Yeah I tried allocating less ram to the server and it still hung.  So yeah it seems once the server is running and it works fine I can login and play the webui is broken.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 10:58 AM, Grydian said:

Yeah I tried allocating less ram to the server and it still hung.  So yeah it seems once the server is running and it works fine I can login and play the webui is broken.

I'm having the same issue - I've been running the MineOS-node from hexparrot for about 6 months now. I just switched to binhex' (love your stuff man) and have started to encounter this issue, which was not a problem on hexparrot's.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got the same issue, it looks like it’s only the web node that fails as dynmap works and all of the other settings but it’s just the webui that fails for no apparent reason. I followed the wiki on minos and got the web page to start by runing a script I’m not entirely sure the name of but it’s in the same folder as the webui reset script (webui_reset.sh) and that got the webpage to pop up but then for it to fail when I try to authenticate it also killed my mineos Container so Backup any servers first 

let me know if their are any solutions that arise 

-Thanks 

Could use some assistance.  On the recommendation of a friend, I setup a server (we'll call it Server #1) on a Windows PC using Docker. My only problem with how that was setup is that I didn't mount the /config as a Windows directory (to be able to backup, copy, etc world files).

I'm now trying to fix that by setting up a second PC with Docker (Server #2) , this time using "-v c:\mineos:/config".  I want to be able to validate I can recreate Server #1 once I can copy the files out via "docker cp" and put them onto Server #2. The issue I'm now having relates to starting a server on Server #2.

1) When I click on "create a server" and populate all required fields the server directory is created but does not show up at the top drop-down. What does happen, though is the menu bar at the left populates with all the "server-specific" items such as server.properties and restore points.

2) I have downloaded the Vanilla 1.16.3 profile, but a) nothing happens when I click on "copy profile to live server files" and b) nothing appears in the "change runnable .jar to" field

I tried this with 1.16.2 with the same issue.

Pastebin of mineos.log - https://pastebin.pl/view/df8c944c

I'm a novice when it comes to Docker, Linux, and MineOS but I do catch on pretty quick.

EDIT - FIXED:

I had to delete the perms.txt file in the root of /config for all of these issues to resolve themselves.

Edited by jwilds1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to fully disable the login prompt? I've set up a Traefik middleware basicauth login page in front of MineOS to use my standard username/password and avoid having to remember "nobody" every once in a while, but whenever I leave WEBUI_PASSWORD blank it defaults to "mineos" with no obvious way to disable or bypass the login form for unrestricted access.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 5:15 AM, voidthe said:

I’ve got the same issue, it looks like it’s only the web node that fails as dynmap works and all of the other settings but it’s just the webui that fails for no apparent reason. I followed the wiki on minos and got the web page to start by runing a script I’m not entirely sure the name of but it’s in the same folder as the webui reset script (webui_reset.sh) and that got the webpage to pop up but then for it to fail when I try to authenticate it also killed my mineos Container so Backup any servers first 

let me know if their are any solutions that arise 

-Thanks 

I'm having trouble trying to find the directories those scripts are in. Do you mind sharing

Hello!

I tried connecting to the console via the terminal, and it seems like your documentation for this might be outdated. There appears to be no "minecraftd" or any minecraft named files in /usr/bin. Is there another way to connect to the server console while the server is running? This would be mostly used to safely stop the server when the webui fails, which seems on a page refresh.

you are confusing the documentation for minecraft-server with this docker image, this is different and you do not access the console through docker exec, instead you access the minecraft console through the mineos web ui, go down to logging section on the left and then click on logs/latest log and you will see the console and be able to interact with it, screenshot:-

image.png.058c0ca35d1c82d8e2a1ee1f8366d5d0.png

Edited by binhex
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very new to unraid and also minecraft server hosting. If I use this docker image (using the "Apps" in unraid, do I ALSO need the "binhex-minecraftserver" ? Or does this also include running the actual server software?

I have managed to create a server(I think) with 1.16.4 profile, it has port 25565. Broadcast to lan is checked but I can't find it on my network(tried adding using IP as well). Any ideas?

I found some logs, the dashboard said 4.2gb ram available:

Caught exception in thread Thread[IO-Worker-12,5,main]

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

[10:08:13] [Worker-Bootstrap-2/ERROR]: Unable to build datafixers

java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:273) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:280) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1643) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1632) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1692) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:175) [?:1.8.0_265]

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

[10:08:14] [Worker-Bootstrap-3/ERROR]: Unable to build datafixers

java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:273) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:280) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1643) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1632) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1692) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:175) [?:1.8.0_265]

[10:08:09] [Worker-Bootstrap-4/ERROR]: Unable to build datafixers

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$$Lambda$552/1031158501.get$Lambda(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.invoke.LambdaForm$DMH/246550802.invokeStatic_L_L(LambdaForm$DMH) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.invoke.LambdaForm$MH/107456312.linkToTargetMethod(LambdaForm$MH) ~[?:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule.once(PointFreeRule.java:601) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule.lambda$once$3(PointFreeRule.java:601) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$$Lambda$552/1031158501.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$OrElse.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:571) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Comp.one(Comp.java:43) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$One.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:651) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$OrElse.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:571) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Comp.one(Comp.java:43) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$One.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:651) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

[10:08:12] [Worker-Bootstrap-5/ERROR]: Unable to build datafixers

at java.lang.reflect.Method.copy(Method.java:153) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.reflect.ReflectAccess.copyMethod(ReflectAccess.java:140) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.copyMethod(ReflectionFactory.java:316) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.searchMethods(Class.java:3013) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Class.java:3048) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3018) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1784) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at org.apache.commons.lang3.ObjectUtils.clone(ObjectUtils.java:684) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$CataFuseDifferent.doRewrite(PointFreeRule.java:456) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$CompRewrite.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:190) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$OrElse.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:567) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.PointFreeRule$OrElse.rewrite(PointFreeRule.java:567) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply.lambda$one$5(Apply.java:46) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply$$Lambda$1186/213355060.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Optional.java:267) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply.one(Apply.java:46) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply.lambda$one$5(Apply.java:46) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply$$Lambda$1186/213355060.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Optional.java:267) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at com.mojang.datafixers.functions.Apply.one(Apply.java:46) ~inecraft_server.1.16.4.jar:?]

Edited by Todilo
  • binhex locked this topic