CyberPower CST135XLU vs APC UPS

binar

Fellow Forum Members,

I got a CyberPower CST135XLU UPS at Costco for $99. It has a USB Type B connection on the backside. Is this USB Type B connector a 100%  assurance my CyberPower CST135XLU UPS is going to work smoothly with my UNRAID UPS settings software?  If the answer is no, can anyone please recommend an APC UPS in the $100 to $200 price range that is 100% compatible with the UNRAID UPS settings software? 

Is the APC BR1500G a solid choice?   Or does it require I buy the more expensive APC Smart-UPS C 1500VA 2U Rack mountable LCD 230V?  My UNRAID configuration has ten hard drives, a 750W Seasonic and a SuperMicro motherboard. In other words, it is not a monster system.  However, I do want my UNRAID system to be able to perform a soft shutdown so I can avoid going through very long parity checks caused by abrupt loss of power.   Any opinions welcomed.

Edited by binar

FWIW - I've had 2 of those BR1500G's, both lasted less than a year, 1 of them died when one of the power transistors exploded and filled the room with smoke. The replacement stopped working after less than 6 months, just beeps and shuts off.

Ended up dropping some coin on a CyberPower PR1500LCDRT2U and have had no problems.

Thanks to all for your posts. I was not aware of what a simulated sinewave UPS is about.  I think the one shown in the link below is a better option:

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Outlets-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W

However, can anyone in the community please confirm if UNRAID's APC daemon operates correctly with the CyberPower UPS connected to the UNRAID system with a USB cable?  Will I have the ability to perform a graceful UNRAID shutdown with the APC daemon controlling my CyberPower UPS?   Alternatively, does UNRAID offer a CyberPower UPS Daemon addon I can use instead of the APC Daemon?  Any opinion welcome.

Been using a CP1500PFCLCD for years with the unraid apc daemon.  No problems, except you should set “Turn off UPS after shutdown” to no.  It doesn’t work correctly with the apc software.  Tried with NUT several years ago and  it didn’t work work with it either.