Hardware GPU acceleration X10sl7-F

Hello. 😊

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm hoping to introduce GPU hardware acceleration for Plex on my Supermicro X10SL7-F.

I already have a GTX730 in the smaller PCI express slot on the motherboard which is used for a WIN 10 virtual machine. This only leaves the full sized PCI slot next to it.

Just to experiment I popped an old Nvidea 6800 card into the larger slot but this slot seems to be shared by the onboard A speed GPU, I had to enter the BIOS and tell the onboard GPU to give preference to the added Nvidea 6800. BTW, and taking into account there is a pecking order between which function gets hold of the GPU first (Virtual machine or Plex hardware acceleration), Does anybody already have this motherboard and have a working solution?

I dont mind buying a new graphics card but anything with any power appears to need a full size PCI slot. Can I use the full size slot without running into conflicts with the onboard A speed GPU, and would such a card co exist alongside the GTX730?

In reality I cannot imagine running hardware acceleration for Plex, and running any virtual machines at the same time, but it would be a bonus if I could.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂  P.S> I did have my eye on a pallit 1050ti Kalm X but this also appears to need a full size slot, as does the PNY Quadro P2000! 🤔

Edited by Jetjockey
  • 1 year later...