Installing Docker on Windows 10 VM

I recently installed docker desktop from https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop and installed it on my VM.

bN8SSlc.png

When installing docker, the installer prompts to enable Hyper-V Windows Features option to be selected.

After the installation, windows is required to be restarted.

The problem is that after the restart my Windows VM became unusable. It was very laggy and essentially broken. You can see that docker app is trying to start but it is struggling and once the docker desktop kind of started the VM would freeze.

Things I have done:

- I have tried increasing the memory and the number of cores assigned to the VM without success.

- I also tried going to safe mode and trying to restore windows before the install. This just broke the VM and I had to create a new one.

Any ideas how I could install docker on a virtual machine on unraid?

Hey thanks for the reply.

From what I understand to install docker:

Need to make sure your Windows system supports Hardware Virtualization Technology and that virtualization is enabled

So I'm assuming this can only be done in a 'baremetal install'? Therefore docker cannot be installed on a Windows VM running on unraid?