Upgrade to Pro ...unassigned device question

Hello ... i was nearly at the limit of devices and went for an upgrade to Pro, now installed.

I have 10 array devices currently, one cache drive and one unassigned device, a total of 12 drives.

When i try to add another unassigned device my system just hangs and i need to remove an external drive and reboot ok.

Does this indicate a problem with my licencing?

There doesnt seem to be anything in the logs, no errors of any sort.

Is there any thing i need to dow ith UD to allow more than one drive (i am trying to preclear a couple of 12TB drives simultaneously ... I know!)

Anything i'm missing here?

2 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

When i try to add another unassigned device my system just hangs and i need to remove an external drive and reboot ok.

Does this indicate a problem with my licencing?

No, sounds like a BIOS issue. Some BIOS's lose their mind when they have too many bootable devices attached. If you are using a HBA of some flavor you can try disabling its boot capability.

Thanks for your interest ... i've had no issues until now when i've just added my 13th drive which just happens to be an unassigned device that i'm wanting to preclear. The system just hangs with nothing in the logs. I remove the drive and it boots, strange. I can preclear on another system but can foresee problems when i come to add in the drive soon.