How do I fix SHA256 hash key mismatch?

I recently ran a dynamix file integrity test on a drive that has read errors. According to the log there are over 90 MKV files with a SHA256 hash key mismatch but even though it states that the files are corrupt they play perfectly. I used a hash file manager to rewrite the hash keys for the files but this did not work. How can I fix these files?

• 1 year later...

I am necroing this thread, but since it is the first hit on google when searching for "hash key mismatch" it seems appropriate. 

I want to know how to check which file failed the checksum validation check.  "use the plugin support thread" is not a helpful answer because there are over 1000 posts there, and the unraid forums offer no ability to search a specific thread. 

The full message that I see in the syslog is:

Jan  4 03:00:01 Tower bunker: Verify task for disk1 started, total files size 55.4 GB
Jan  4 03:04:15 Tower bunker: warning: SHA256 hash key mismatch (updated), /mnt/disk1/system/syslog-::1.log was modified
Jan  4 03:22:29 Tower bunker: Verify task for disk1 finished, duration: 0 hr, 22 min, 28 sec.
Jan  4 03:22:29 Tower bunker: verified 3867 files from /mnt/disk1. Found: 1 mismatch (updated), 0 corruptions. Duration: 00:22:28. Average speed: 41.1 MB/s

Can someone shed some light on this?  How can I identify which file had the mismatch?  How is a mismatch different from a corruption, and why would it happen?

• Upvote 2
  • JorgeB locked this topic