Freezing Issues

Hello,

I'm fairly limited on my knowledge on unraid and am having some issues. I've had my r710 unraid server going fairly good for a couple of years- mainly just use it as a plex server (little issues here and there but they were easily solved), now I have an issue that I am stumped by and don't know where to start. A few times over the past week the server has frozen up and not wanted to do anything. When I go to the dashboard I can't unmount the drives to restart the server. A couple of the times all of the options under "Array Operation" are not even listed and I can't do anything with the server (no dockers are working, can't click on any option, etc). I've had to do an unsafe power down to restart it. Once it restarts it works just fine for a day or two and then it happens again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't even know where to begin. 

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20200520-1954.zip

11 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

It is, but did the server crash during that period? I do see a macvlan related call trace, those are usually cause by having a docker with a custom IP address:

Yes it did crash during that period. I got home from work and noticed that it had crashed so I pulled the syslog before I booted the server back up. 

• 1 month later...

Good Day All

I an New to the Unraid world and know my Way around NAS and Servers but i keep getting Freeze ups when doing random Task on my Server, some days when i let it Run and do nothing but as soon as i copy data over to a Share or Run a VM like MacinaBox the whole System Freezes up. 

where the Web Ui does not respond and Network Drives go offline and the Server Freezes, i have also Ran it in GUI mode on the Server and it does the Same not matter the Mode i launch it in.

Please help 

hydrogen-diagnostics-20200727-1256.zip

Okay update on the 28 July 2020

Ran a Mem Test and all passed fine 

Also i get this error on boot up 

20200728_192210.jpg

hydrogen-diagnostics-20200728-2024.zip

Edited by [email protected]
added new updates and logs
On 7/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, [email protected] said:

Good Day All

I an New to the Unraid world and know my Way around NAS and Servers but i keep getting Freeze ups when doing random Task on my Server, some days when i let it Run and do nothing but as soon as i copy data over to a Share or Run a VM like MacinaBox the whole System Freezes up. 

where the Web Ui does not respond and Network Drives go offline and the Server Freezes, i have also Ran it in GUI mode on the Server and it does the Same not matter the Mode i launch it in.

Please help 

hydrogen-diagnostics-20200727-1256.zip 96.12 kB · 1 download

Okay update on the 28 July 2020

Ran a Mem Test and all passed fine 

Also i get this error on boot up 

20200728_192210.jpg

hydrogen-diagnostics-20200728-2024.zip 109.88 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there,

What I think you'll need to do is either setup a syslog server or with the monitor/keyboard connected, login to the console and type the following command right after it boots:

tail /var/log/syslog -f

This will begin printing the log out to the screen.  When the crash occurs, capture what you can off the monitor and post it back.  I'd also check for any BIOS updates to see if something may be amiss in that configuration.

Are you using any VMs and if so, are you using them with any type of PCI device pass through?  If so, try stopping their usage and in fact, go into the motherboard BIOS and disable IOMMU.  You may have faulty hardware that doesn't like IOMMU.  Top search result on Google when I search for those error messages.