UnRaid, Internet and virtuals oh my!

RookieKiwi

Hey All!

Been using UnRaid now for a couple of days and loving it, been looking at YouTube videos and particularly looking at SpaceInvaders pfSense series im thinking on doing a setup some what like the image attached. one question i have is with my Gaming PC i want the best performance in regards to internet ping/speeds and also getting files off my UnRaid server.

With this in mind i was wondering would it be better for me to directly connect my gaming PC directly to the Unraid server on one of the spare network ports? And if i do this would i still be able to gain access to my files and other computers on the network or would copying data from the Unraid server from that connection be a bad idea? In my mind i was thinking if i was downloading a file from Unraid it would be unraid - switch - virtual - me and this could cause some congestion? 

Looking for some input folks! would really appreciate some ideas on this one, and thanks in advance this community has been great so far and im loving learning all this new information! look forward to hearing from you!

network.png