Change Docker Bridge network to use a different nic?

Hey All,

I just spin up Unraid (merged from Freenas). I have bunch of  docker containers to migrate over. 

I have 3 nics in my system, is it possible to have the bridge adapter in docker to redirect traffic to another nic? I don't want docker to use unraid's Eth0 nic. 

This can be defined in the Settings > Docker in the GUI as long as the NICs are visible (and enabled) in Unraid.
note: the Docker service must be disabled to make changes and Advanced View (top right) toggled on.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:45 PM, bonienl said:

Docker interfaces are configured under Settings -> Docker. You need to stop the Docker service to make changes.

These are my Docker network assignments (I use both IPv4 and IPv6).

image.thumb.png.d8318072fc626caab4c29c492a307862.png

Any physical interface which has an IP address defined under Network Settings (such as eth0 or br0), will have automatic docker network assignments.

You can define physical interfaces without IP address (IPv4 address assignment = None), this allows to add manual docker network assignments to an interface.

Edited by tjb_altf4

Hey,

Thx for the reply. Ideally i would prefer docker to use its own internal network ( like in bridge mode) and have it bridge out to a different nic and a static ip address.  I played around with those settings yesterday but It ended the internal and external address IPs are the same. 

I have 8 containers that should be kept in the 172.17.0.x subnet  that docker uses and I want to use a single ip address and nic for all the containers. 

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...