Parity disk in error state. Tried re-doing connections

A red ‘x’ next to a drive means that Unraid is no longer reading or writing to the drive and Unraid has stopped using it.   Running a parity check in such a case does not touch the disabled drive - it merely checks that all the other drives can be read without error.

The procedure for clearing the disabled state is covered here in the online documentation.

My party check came up fine. I have no idea if this is a real issue or not.

Thanks for the link, but I don't know if replacing disks is the first step i should follow here? How can I just get unraid to try the existing disk again?

I can perhaps try a new Sata cable but I would like to know how to clear the disabled bit without replacing the disk.

12 hours ago, Howboys said:

attach diagnostic

The COMPLETE Diagnostics are better, preferably before rebooting.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post.

6 minutes ago, Howboys said:

My party check came up fine. I have no idea if this is a real issue or not.

Thanks for the link, but I don't know if replacing disks is the first step i should follow here? How can I just get unraid to try the existing disk again?

I can perhaps try a new Sata cable but I would like to know how to clear the disabled bit without replacing the disk.

Since you have a disabled disk, it didn't really do a parity check, it just did a read check.

The posted link also tells you how to rebuild to the same disk, and the SMART you posted looks OK. You should rebuild parity since it is invalid now anyway.

Here' what I've done:

1. Stopped the array and unassigned the parity drive.

2. Start the array, then stop and shutdown.

3. Checked disk connections again

4. Power on, add the same disk back as parity (no preclear - I forgot)

Now it's doing a parity sync. Hopefully this works.

If not, what else can I try? Repeat above with new SATA cable? New HDD?