KooKoo102

Issues getting FreeNas running as VM

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello,

First post on here¬†ūüĎč

I am having issues getting into the install of FreeNas. I get past the first boost screen, but right as it starts to load the installer, locks up ( and throws one of the cores assigned to the VM at 100% )

I have tried what I think is every possible Bios / Machine version in the settings. No mix of config gets me any further. I have tried many versions of FreeNas, even the recently released and TrueNas 12.0... no difference.

I already have many other Vms that work with no issues (five W10, Win Server 2019, openfiler, Synology OS) So I have no issues with my Unraid setup in that regard.

I can put my XML here if needed... but honestly, I just use the FreeBSD preset, only thing I customize is the CPU Pinning and the combo for Bios and Machine.

My system is an AMD TR 2970WX (24 core) - 64GB ram - Asrock X399 Pro Gaming Motherboard.

If there is anyone that has this running, did you have any issues getting it going? Thank you!

freenas.PNG

OS.PNG