[SUPPORT] OpenEats - CorneliousJD Repo

I'm trying to personalise this and change the logo from the chef's head and shoulders to something of my own choosing. I assume that I have to bash into the docker and place a .png file somewhere but have no idea where to put it or how big I need to size it and I guess I'll need to change a setting in a config file to use my image, but I don't know where to start with that either. I've not been able to find anything on the github page. Can anyone here help please?

9 minutes ago, Boyturtle said:

I'm trying to personalise this and change the logo from the chef's head and shoulders to something of my own choosing. I assume that I have to bash into the docker and place a .png file somewhere but have no idea where to put it or how big I need to size it and I guess I'll need to change a setting in a config file to use my image, but I don't know where to start with that either. I've not been able to find anything on the github page. Can anyone here help please?

There are 2 ways you can do this without having to change the source code itself:

1. Bash in and replace the .png file in /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images

2. Copy the entire /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images folder to somewhere on your unraid drive, replace the images, then mount that folder to /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images, replacing the original location.

The first way is quicker, but you lose the change every time you edit the container settings

The second way persists but takes a bit more effort

I think the size doesn't matter too much as long as you keep the same ratio, as it should resize itself to fit.

Let me know if you want step by step instructions for either.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, BrambleGB said:

There are 2 ways you can do this without having to change the source code itself:

1. Bash in and replace the .png file in /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images

2. Copy the entire /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images folder to somewhere on your unraid drive, replace the images, then mount that folder to /var/www/html/openeats-static/public-ui/images, replacing the original location.

The first way is quicker, but you lose the change every time you edit the container settings

The second way persists but takes a bit more effort

I think the size doesn't matter too much as long as you keep the same ratio, as it should resize itself to fit.

Let me know if you want step by step instructions for either.

I would love step by instructions on both please. This could be very useful for me in understanding how dockers work and could help with other dockers I have too.

Does option 2 above involve writing to the etc/fstab file of the docker to make it persistent?

Can you please clarify something for me; when I bash into a docker, am I in effect going into the docker that lives in /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img?

Please excuse my ignorance here, as I'm still very much trying to get my head around how dockers/containers work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to get this docker setup for a few days. I have mariadb installed, I created a db named 'openeats', then created a user with all of the proper privileges.  At this point I have a db and user with no tables.

I then install the openeats docker but no matter how long I wait the tables are never created in the database. I check this via the terminal. nada. 

I also am unable to login to the admin page.  I have deleted everything and started over multiple times. I don't know what I am missing. I have added all the settings and the log files.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mariadb databases.JPG

privileges.jpg

openeats tables.JPG

openeats docker.JPG

openeats logs.txt

2 minutes ago, Capt_Rekt said:

I have been trying to get this docker setup for a few days. I have mariadb installed, I created a db named 'openeats', then created a user with all of the proper privileges.  At this point I have a db and user with no tables.

I then install the openeats docker but no matter how long I wait the tables are never created in the database. I check this via the terminal. nada. 

I also am unable to login to the admin page.  I have deleted everything and started over multiple times. I don't know what I am missing. I have added all the settings and the log files.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mariadb databases.JPG

privileges.jpg

openeats tables.JPG

openeats docker.JPG

openeats logs.txt 30.09 kB · 0 downloads

You can't use "localhost" as the SQL host from what I recall, because that only looks inside the container. You need the IP of the host or your unraid box

15 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

You can't use "localhost" as the SQL host from what I recall, because that only looks inside the container. You need the IP of the host or your unraid box

I updated it to point to the server ip/port. Still no changes and unable to login.

openeats docker 2.JPG

30 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Your issue is with your USER in your MariaDB instance. Instead of granting it all permissions on 'localhost', it needs to be granted all permissions on all connections. MariaDB does this with '%'. I had this same issue a while back.

Please let me know if you ever get into the admin panel. I had everything set up but could never log in. 

1 hour ago, GhoulishPaladin said:

Your issue is with your USER in your MariaDB instance. Instead of granting it all permissions on 'localhost', it needs to be granted all permissions on all connections. MariaDB does this with '%'. I had this same issue a while back.

Please let me know if you ever get into the admin panel. I had everything set up but could never log in. 

Like this? because that didn't work either.

privileges 2.jpg

New update, I think part of my problem was that I had the port on the end of the MYSQL_HOST line. After removing open eats and set it up. I left it off.   I now have tables in my db. See below.

Unfortunately, like @GhoulishPaladin I am not able to log in to the admin page, I still have the default Superuser_Name/Superuser_Password word set to openeats/openeats

mariadb tables.JPG

1 hour ago, Capt_Rekt said:

New update, I think part of my problem was that I had the port on the end of the MYSQL_HOST line. After removing open eats and set it up. I left it off.   I now have tables in my db. See below.

Unfortunately, like @GhoulishPaladin I am not able to log in to the admin page, I still have the default Superuser_Name/Superuser_Password word set to openeats/openeats

mariadb tables.JPG

Now, I'd check your browser console (usually F12) and see if there is a error being thrown when you attempt to log in. This was the point that I hit and couldn't move past. Maybe there is an underlying bug somewhere?

5 hours ago, GhoulishPaladin said:

Now, I'd check your browser console (usually F12) and see if there is a error being thrown when you attempt to log in. This was the point that I hit and couldn't move past. Maybe there is an underlying bug somewhere?

I didn't see anything that you didn't see, I eventually saw that 400 error and quite a few warnings in the logs. The other thing I find very odd is that I have nothing in the appdata folder under shares but the site loads in a browser window. Not sure how that's even possible.

I am about to give up and have a drink.

openeats logs 2.txt

Edited by Capt_Rekt

I've been toying with this for a couple of days and I cannot tell you why your download of the archive for master is pulling older versions that have problems like not being able to do recipe links. I went into shell and installed git then just cloned the master branches of openeats-web and openeats-api into their folders in the docker and that worked just fine. You may want to consider just doing that instead of trying to use the archive downloads. It's not as neat but at least it's actually pulling the latest version of master instead of what looks like the latest release in master.

16 hours ago, jarek91 said:

I've been toying with this for a couple of days and I cannot tell you why your download of the archive for master is pulling older versions that have problems like not being able to do recipe links. I went into shell and installed git then just cloned the master branches of openeats-web and openeats-api into their folders in the docker and that worked just fine. You may want to consider just doing that instead of trying to use the archive downloads. It's not as neat but at least it's actually pulling the latest version of master instead of what looks like the latest release in master.

I'm pretty new to docker containers in general already - i'm not sure why it pulls an old version either, but what would i need to add to the dockerfile and startup scsrips to accomplish this? Right now this is an openeats developer's dockerfile - i may be able to get him to update it so I don't have to fork.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, CorneliousJD said:

I'm pretty new to docker containers in general already - i'm not sure why it pulls an old version either, but what would i need to add to the dockerfile and startup scsrips to accomplish this? Right now this is an openeats developer's dockerfile - i may be able to get him to update it so I don't have to fork.

there was an update to the docker sample you linked. maybe you docker make file needs the same updates. https://github.com/open-eats/OpenEats/pull/85/commits/ccfb9c30b058664b8033d3049a2ecb2e26edd9f6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In an effort to get some of the bugs fixed (by running latest version) I've adopted for now to use @BrambleGB's Dockerfile fork.

Change your repository 

FROM

maduvef/openeats

TO

bramblegb/openeats

And save the container, this should pull the latest version and fix a few bugs that exist in the older version.

I'm working on forking the Dockerfile to see if I can address a few other things but time is VERY lacking for me at the moment, work and personal life keep me very busy, so for now BrambleGB's file will work and pull you the latest version. Thank you very much BrambleGB for providing this to the community as well!

Edited by CorneliousJD
22 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

In an effort to get some of the bugs fixed (by running latest version) I've adopted for now to use @BrambleGB's Dockerfile fork.

Change your repository 

FROM

maduvef/openeats

TO

bramblegb/openeats

And save the container, this should pull the latest version and fix a few bugs that exist in the older version.

I'm working on forking the Dockerfile to see if I can address a few other things but time is VERY lacking for me at the moment, work and personal life keep me very busy, so for now BrambleGB's file will work and pull you the latest version. Thank you very much BrambleGB for providing this to the community as well!

I have updated the dockerfile again with the (one) latest change (grocery sorting).

However updating other packages breaks a lot of things, the project is using quite a few deprecated features and packages.

1 minute ago, BrambleGB said:

I have updated the dockerfile again with the (one) latest change (grocery sorting).

However updating other packages breaks a lot of things, the project is using quite a few deprecated features and packages.

Indeed, sadly it's still one of the best self-hosted recipe management solutiolns even with this fact and its quicks that come with it.

I lack the time AND the know-how to properly update any of it, but as it stands now for my own private use with the dockerfile you've provided, it works very well at this point. 

I am certainly open to suggestions for other recipe management software that's self-hosted though if someone finds something worthwhile. 

17 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Indeed, sadly it's still one of the best self-hosted recipe management solutiolns even with this fact and its quicks that come with it.

I lack the time AND the know-how to properly update any of it, but as it stands now for my own private use with the dockerfile you've provided, it works very well at this point. 

I am certainly open to suggestions for other recipe management software that's self-hosted though if someone finds something worthwhile. 

I would love to make my own custom website, but that would take quite some effort.

I have updated the Docker container again, forgot to add the part in the startup script that changes your locale.

Edit: There was an issue with CRLF line endings, the latest container should work now (works for me)

Edited by BrambleGB
Update
  • Like 1
On 6/10/2020 at 5:03 PM, GhoulishPaladin said:

I've got my user working now. I had to modify the host connections in the database itself. I don't think the issue is on the mariadb side, as the tables have been created and the openeats docker starts up fine and seems to communicate with it. When debugging through the browser, I noticed that I AM getting a 400 error code that says "Unable to log in with provided credentials."

image.thumb.png.17d8fb1a9e13fb380342b14d5fd44a44.png

Apologies for resurrecting a comment, but I'm having identical issues to this, would you be able to explain the changes you made to the host connections in the DB? I'm not a huge MySQL guy and am currently accessing the db via Adminer. 

1 hour ago, untraceablez said:

Apologies for resurrecting a comment, but I'm having identical issues to this, would you be able to explain the changes you made to the host connections in the DB? I'm not a huge MySQL guy and am currently accessing the db via Adminer. 

When you log into the db with Adminer, what is the host for the openeats (or if you renamed it) user in the mysql.user table?
It should be 'openeats'@'something', where you need to replace the something with either '%' or the docker ip of your openeats container (172.18.0.5:80 for me)

Example: These are my users, I called mine "rob"

chrome_SGCoZD1s9V.png

Edited by BrambleGB
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BrambleGB said:

When you log into the db with Adminer, what is the host for the openeats (or if you renamed it) user in the mysql.user table?
It should be 'openeats'@'something', where you need to replace the something with either '%' or the docker ip of your openeats container (172.18.0.5:80 for me)

Example: These are my users, I called mine "rob"

chrome_SGCoZD1s9V.pngScreenshot_1.thumb.png.25261fa653849ce2d0e7721cf0a5f19a.png

Mine is [email protected], which table do I edit that in, auth-user or a different group? 

I see the attached table after I log into Adminer. 

4 minutes ago, untraceablez said:

Mine is [email protected], which table do I edit that in, auth-user or a different group? 

I see the attached table after I log into Adminer. 

You're looking at the openeats database, you need to open the "mysql" database in adminer, or open a console in the mariadb docker.

I haven't used adminer really, but if you open a mariadb docker console

You can login using

mysql -u root -p

[type in root password you set in the container]

USE DATABASE mysql;

You then have to run:

UPDATE mysql.user SET Host='%' WHERE User='openeats';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BrambleGB said:

You're looking at the openeats database, you need to open the "mysql" database in adminer, or open a console in the mariadb docker.

I haven't used adminer really, but if you open a mariadb docker console

You can login using

mysql -u root -p

[type in root password you set in the container]

USE DATABASE mysql;

You then have to run:Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e0732596dbbe669e7f23a1eaf8ca93c5.png

UPDATE mysql.user SET Host='%' WHERE User='openeats';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Seems like I'm looking at an invalid table given there's no way I don't have the perms as root. Do I need to take the nuclear option and clear mariadb & openeats? I have no other data other than a dead authelia database that isn't being used.