SMB 1 Share mounting of Nvidia Shield

I am trying to mount a drive on my Nvidia Shield.  I know that the problem is that the Shield only uses SMB1 and that unRaid now wants to use SMB2.  I had the same problem on Windows 10 after an update and had to go to features and add SMB1 support back in.  How do I do this on unRaid?

thanks

Joe

May 22 23:59:27 Tower2 kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
May 22 23:59:27 Tower2 unassigned.devices: SMB1 mount failed: Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) .
May 22 23:59:27 Tower2 unassigned.devices: Mount of '//SHIELD/shieldSamsung USB driveNVIDIA_SHIELD' failed. Error message: 'Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

Thank you.  I tried this by having Netbios as yes (This was set) and I turned WSD to off, it was on

Select 'Yes' to enable WSD (WS-Discovery). The only reason to turn this off is when you are running an old LAN setup based on SMBv1.

Still will not load the share.  unRaid found the Shield, I typed my id and password.  Then no shares showed up.  I tried manually but it would not mount them.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Thank you.  I tried this by having Netbios as yes (This was set) and I turned WSD to off, it was on

Select 'Yes' to enable WSD (WS-Discovery). The only reason to turn this off is when you are running an old LAN setup based on SMBv1.

Still will not load the share.  unRaid found the Shield, I typed my id and password.  Then no shares showed up.  I tried manually but it would not mount them.

Try using the IP address instead of the server name.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, Frank1940 said:

Go  to    Settings   >>>    SMB   >>>   SMB Settings     Now turn on the 'Help'  and look at the 'Enable NetBIOS:'  and   'Enable WSD:'  settings.  Both are required for SMB1 support.

UD will not try SMB1 mounting unless NetBIOS is on.  Likewise, you cannot set force use SMB1 in the settings unless NetBIOS is on.

These are my settings.  unRaid finds my shield when trying to map using the gui, I then fill in the ID and password, on the next screen when hitting the down arrow to find the shares it comes up empty.  I try typing it in and it says mapped but I it will not mount.

smb.JPG

42 minutes ago, Joe said:

These are my settings.  unRaid finds my shield when trying to map using the gui, I then fill in the ID and password, on the next screen when hitting the down arrow to find the shares it comes up empty.  I try typing it in and it says mapped but I it will not mount.

smb.JPG

Do your credentials have any special characters?  If so they will cause a problem.

• 1 year later...