(Solved*Make backups) Lost root / webgui Password

Unfortunately I decided to do a fresh install on my main PC , webgui pass was saved in browser history. 😑

I tried the recovery password. Deleting

config/passwd

config/shadow

config/smbpasswd

on the flashdrive.

But after rebooting the password doesn't seem to be reset like the troubleshooting guide suggests

"Note that this will reset all user passwords including ‘root’ user to null (blank). "

I go back to the webgui and i've tried root with a blank password and get this error

Warning: file(/etc/nginx/htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/login.php on line 23

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/login.php on line 23

Edited by Gizo

I recently moved so my ISP and IP some other things changed. The real problem was I didn't make a backup of my webgui password ( i have a back up of every single password but that one 😫). I did pull the flash drive and tried it in a linux(fedora) as well as a win 10 laptop. Both of them had trouble seeing the flash drive even. But I deleted the

config/passwd

config/shadow

config/smbpasswd

just as the troubleshooting guide suggested. I couldn't login at this point and it didn't make my password "null" like is suggested.

What did solve the issue was, connect a spare monitor to unraid server, login change the password and it seems to be back to normal.

Honestly it was a super rookie mistake I should of wrote down all the password prior to making any changes.

I haven't made a back up of the flash drive but that is first on my list of things to do today. The problem was me doing a fresh install on my daily pc which had the webgui saved in history. Once I lost the history of the old OS I lost that password.