[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

5 minutes ago, HarryMuscle said:

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly who supports the Auto Fan Control related code (according to the Dynamix GitHub page it's no longer a plugin but part of Unraid but according to the Unraid response to my bug report it's still a plugin)

Maybe @bonienl can help and knows where you can open a PR?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Craig Dennis said:

Is this right?

This is completely correct Intel 11th Gen Core processors usually have 12th Gen Intel Graphics (I think it's UHD 750) built in.

Intel GPU TOP shows the generation from the iGPU and not from the CPU. ;)

Hope that makes sense to you.

10 minutes ago, jbrukardt said:

No matter the usage i push to it (jellyfin, ffmpeg, etc), the only thing that moves is imc writes and imc reads, no movements on the graphs at all.

Then it's not working with this application, can you tell me what you've done in Jellyfin and post screenshots from your template, configuration in Jellyfin and also if you have forced a transcode?

Also this has nothing to do with the Intel GPU TOP plugin, this seems like an issue with Jellyfin itself or something is misconfigured.

17 minutes ago, jbrukardt said:

It seems application independent.   No GPU usage no matter what.  

I think you are missing some configuration steps for the applications you want to use it for.

For Jellyfin for example you have to specify the device /dev/dri in the template, configure Jellyfin to use VAAPI, start playing a file and force a transcode.

For Frigate for example you have to specify the device /dev/dri in the template, rewrite your config file so that Frigate knows that you want to use your iGPU for video decoding and restart the container again.

Your issue is not related to this plugin because works, displays you information about your iGPU and the iGPU is also activated, otherwise the plugin will display an error message and won't display a single value.

I strongly recommend you to read the documentation first on how to get the iGPU in the specific application you want to get it working or post on the support thread for the specific application if you have trouble to get it working.

As said above I think you are missing a few configuration steps here.

This is pretty normal when nothing is using your iGPU like on my system now ;) :

grafik.png.da0ee6380454f2359656960312a281e7.png

Hello. Upon installation of the plugin, the monitor I have plugged (hdmi) into the server went black. Once I checked the server remotely, everything is working as intended. While I do intend to use the server headless, I'm just curious what your thoughts are on why the screen went black and what I could do to fix it. Much appreciated!

40 minutes ago, Farnor said:

Please see attached, and yes, GUI mode is activated.

I currently only have a workaround for 6.9.2, this is because the GPU get's activated on plugin load.

When 6.10.0 drops it should be fine again.

Hope that is good enough for now...

Also if you are planing to use it headless, turn off GUI boot since the boot actually takes longer because it needs to load more data.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I currently only have a workaround for 6.9.2, this is because the GPU get's activated on plugin load.

When 6.10.0 drops it should be fine again.

Hope that is good enough for now...

Also if you are planing to use it headless, turn off GUI boot since the boot actually takes longer because it needs to load more data.

Ah, thank you for the clarification and I look forward to 6.10. Thanks for the tip regarding GUI boot!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sn0wd0g said:

will the container be available for 6.10? I would like to enable SGX.

No.

Are you talking about Intel SGX?

If yes, this is a out of tree driver I think, wouldn't it be possible to create a plugin for this, if yes, I can liik into this if you want to.

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No.

Are you talking about Intel SGX?

If yes, this is a out of tree driver I think, wouldn't it be possible to create a plugin for this, if yes, I can liik into this if you want to.

yes, Intel SGX.

The scope of it is to launch VMs with sgx support. I have compiled the qemu with sgx support, but it is not compiled into kernel, hence my problem.

I have tested it with 6.10Rc2

1 hour ago, sn0wd0g said:

I have compiled the qemu with sgx support, but it is not compiled into kernel, hence my problem.

Can you give me a bit more insight how you do everything because I'm really not too familiar with SGX and how it works, maybe hook me up with a short PM how you build everything and I will look into it what's possible if that's ok for you.

Thanks so much for creating this tool!

I've been working on building a kernel with hannesha's it87 updates which allows monitoring temperatures and somewhat controlling fan speeds for motherboards with IT8688E and ITE8792 super io chipsets. (Namely my Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master)

I found where thor2002ro added those changes to his unraid kernel, so I singled out and exported the it87 changes commit as a user patch for this docker and it seems to have worked well.

For others looking for information regarding the Gigabyte X570 Aorus boards... (just dumping my notes/thoughts in hopes it'll help others endlessly googling for information and solutions)

I am aware of the Gigabyte WMI driver that is being introduced in the newer linux kernels but it appears that will only be good to view temperature info and maybe fan speeds, but it will not have any ability to control fans.

Hannesha's it87 changes linked above for the x570s Gigabyte boards allows for working temp monitoring and there is partial fan control support. It seems like setting the pwm value for any fan headers on the IT8792E work but do not persist. Any value set works, but reverts to the previous value in under a second. (To confirm, try echoing 0 into the pwm control inside a loop, and then kill the loop)

As for the fan headers using the IT8668E chipset I am able to stop and control those fans and my settings seem to persist, but I am still exploring/learning of any pitfalls there.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you share a little more details please, maybe the Diagnostics, also what the exact commands are you've used and what card do you want to flash?

Using the command listed in the Mellanox plugin.

Flashing a Mellanox 4LX

Worked fine until the MFT got updated in the last release.

Unsure what mellanox changed, maybe i need another flag on flash

Hallo,

ich hab eine RX570 und Unraid version: Version: 6.10.0-rc2 

somit habe ich den AMD-Vendor-Reset plugin installiert.

Mein Problem ist das sich Unraid aufhängt wenn ich meine VM Macinabox  Herunterfahre.

Nach der Installation des Plugins kann ich zwar die VM neustarten aber beim Herunterfahren hängt sich Unraid immer noch auf.

Muss ich noch manuell im Terminal den Befehl ausführen: docker attach Unraid-Kernel-Helper oder macht er das mit dem neuen Plugin automatisch?

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...