[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

6 hours ago, Presjar said:

Is this due to an issue in the driver?

No.

6 hours ago, Presjar said:

It just wouldn't be linux without all this stuffing around to do basic tasks. 😀 

More or less, most vendors are not really interested in creating drivers for Linux and rely mostly on non related developers to implement that into the Linux Kernel (most of the times without proper documentation) therefore you have to do such things on Linux.

• Thanks 1

I could use a little help, i'm trying to switch over from my Quadro P2000 to the igpu on my 8700k.  I installed the Intel GPU TOP plugin but when i terminal in "intel_gpu_top" i get:

No device filter specified and no discrete/integrated i915 devices found

I went ahead and bought one of those hdmi cheater plugs thinking that would fix it, but doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  

25 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

Dangit, i almost posted those earlier but forgot.  

First of all, if you want to switch then delete this line in your go file:

nvidia-persistenced

The next thing is that you have to set your iGPU as the primary display device otherwise it will be disable if you have a dGPU (like in your case the P2000) still in your system <- I see no Intel iGPU visible at your system devices and that's probably the reason.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

First of all, if you want to switch then delete this line in your go file:

nvidia-persistenced

The next thing is that you have to set your iGPU as the primary display device otherwise it will be disable if you have a dGPU (like in your case the P2000) still in your system <- I see no Intel iGPU visible at your system devices and that's probably the reason.

Thanks!  

I had to physically remove the p2000 from the motherboard to get into the bios menu using the igpu and the hdmi on the motherboard.  I was having a hell of a time getting the system to boot from the flash drive during a hardware upgrade (mobo/cpu/psu) and after a lot of swearing and multiple "reset defaults" it finally booted from the flash, but if i recall it wasn't giving me the Gigabyte splash screen with a monitor plugged into the hdmi (so its probably been dissabled)

I'm worried that even if i set the igpu to the default, the second i plug in a dgpu its going to revert back.  

I was hoping that it would be fairly simple to try out quicksync over the p2000 but might just live with the p2000

31 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

I was hoping that it would be fairly simple to try out quicksync over the p2000 but might just live with the p2000

It is fairly simple...

31 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

I had to physically remove the p2000 from the motherboard to get into the bios menu using the igpu

You can also get in the BIOS by using the dGPU... You have to try what GPU is activated but I think in your case it's the dGPU and you have to plug in the monitor to this GPU anyways...

If you switch in the BIOS over to the iGPU as primary GPU you have to attach the HDMI monitor back to the iGPU, that's all.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It is fairly simple...

You can also get in the BIOS by using the dGPU... You have to try what GPU is activated but I think in your case it's the dGPU and you have to plug in the monitor to this GPU anyways...

If you switch in the BIOS over to the iGPU as primary GPU you have to attach the HDMI monitor back to the iGPU, that's all.

Alright, maybe i'll give it a try.  

The quadro's only have displayport outputs and without disassembling my daily driver setup i'd have to stick with hdmi from the mobo.  

So, this is the breakdown: 

Remove "nvidia persistence" from the go file (been a while, i'll have to figure out how to do that)

Fix the bios so the igpu isn't disabled.  

I'm guessing i'll have to adjust the plex docker since i have it like this now

image.thumb.png.41fbb9d8812f89cace3967ec81599ad1.png

Just remove Nvidia VD and Nvidia DC 

and under Extra Parameters Remove that and put in --restart unless-stopped --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri

image.thumb.png.b42786be0124afc64508569af882fe0e.png

Sound about right?

1 minute ago, danimal86 said:

Remove "nvidia persistence" from the go file (been a while, i'll have to figure out how to do that)

This will do the job just fine:

sed -i '/nvidia-persistenced/d' /boot/config/go

3 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

Fix the bios so the igpu isn't disabled.  

Set the iGPU as primary graphics card.

3 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

and under Extra Parameters Remove that and put in --restart unless-stopped --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri

Yes.

You can leave the other two variables NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES in, they don't do anything if you remove --runtime=nvidia

But anyways, if you are having troubles I would recommend posting in the General forums about that since this has strictly speaking nothing to do with my plugin.

53 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This will do the job just fine:

sed -i '/nvidia-persistenced/d' /boot/config/go

Set the iGPU as primary graphics card.

Yes.

You can leave the other two variables NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES in, they don't do anything if you remove --runtime=nvidia

But anyways, if you are having troubles I would recommend posting in the General forums about that since this has strictly speaking nothing to do with my plugin.

Thanks!  I'll stop clogging up this support thread 🙂 .  Thanks for your help with this and all you do for the community!  

Edit: Took me a bit to find the "Default graphics output" In the bios, but got it to work.  

I guess all i really need to do if i want to switch back to nvidia p2000 is add the Nvidia Persistence to the go file and switch the parameters in the plex docker.  

Edited by danimal86
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, danimal86 said:

I guess all i really need to do if i want to switch back to nvidia p2000 is add the Nvidia Persistence to the go file and switch the parameters in the plex docker.  

You don't need nvidia-persistenced strictly speaking, this is just to put it in a lower power state and is recommended by most users.

Do you left the P2000 in your server or did you took it out? If you left it in your server it is also safe to leave nvidia-persistenced enabled.

1 hour ago, Greygoose said:

Question is, can i enable a lower power state for the P2000 or does it just run native?  Any tweaks or anything else best to do?

I would recommend to put this lines in the go file after emhttp to enable P8 on boot:

# Enable nvidia-persistenced
nvidia-persistenced

1 hour ago, Greygoose said:

How do you know persistence mode is running, 

Here:

grafik.png.583e510f62151559c8555c68226af812.png

But I see that you are booting in GUI mode, then nvidia-persistenced should not be necessary...

P8 will only be enabled if you don't transcode and it will take a little bit of time so that it falls back to that state.

nvidia-persistenced should be only necessary if you boot Unraid CLI only.

• 2 weeks later...

@ich777 I'm wondering how do you compile drivers for unraid kernel? I don't believe there is a git repo with unraid kernel.

Do you just take the mainline kernel of the same version, same toolchain version and compile the drivers every kernel update manually? There is obviously no dkms :(

I'm wondering because I'm looking to get r8125 driver compiled for realtek 8125b 2.5Gbit chip in my system as the kernel built-in r8169 is crap in terms of throughput (just above gigabit on 2.5Gigabit link) - completely defeats the purpose of buying 2.5Gbit card.

Edited by m00nman
59 minutes ago, m00nman said:

@ich777 I'm wondering how do you compile drivers for unraid kernel? I don't believe there is a git repo with unraid kernel.

Do you just take the mainline kernel of the same version, same toolchain version and compile the drivers every kernel update manually? There is obviously no dkms :(

Exactly, I'm also compiling packages for other community developers so that this is a one time process and trying to help where I can.

59 minutes ago, m00nman said:

I'm wondering because I'm looking to get r8125 driver compiled for realtek 8125b 2.5Gbit chip in my system as the kernel built-in r8169 is crap in terms of throughput (just above gigabit on 2.5Gigabit link) - completely defeats the purpose of buying 2.5Gbit card.

Can you give me a resource to the drivers?

It is always a little hard with Realtek drivers since they are often behind and most of the times doesn't compile against newer Kernel versions.

You can also make a feature request or even better a bug report, maybe Tom will consider to integrate the OOT driver into Unraid.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, I'm also compiling packages for other community developers so that this is a one time process and trying to help where I can.

Can you give me a resource to the drivers?

It is always a little hard with Realtek drivers since they are often behind and most of the times doesn't compile against newer Kernel versions.

You can also make a feature request or even better a bug report, maybe Tom will consider to integrate the OOT driver into Unraid.

https://github.com/awesometic/realtek-r8125-dkms

At least that's the one I was using on proxmox, but it seems it's always Up to date.

The driver officially supports up-to 5.19, but I just tried on on Arch with 6.0.9 kernel and it works just fine

==> Starting build()...
make: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/6.0.9-arch1-1/build'
  CC [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125_n.o
  CC [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/rtl_eeprom.o
  CC [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/rtltool.o
  CC [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125_firmware.o
  LD [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125.o
  MODPOST /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/Module.symvers
  CC [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125.ko
  BTF [M] /home/oleg/.cache/yay/r8125/src/r8125/src/r8125.ko
make: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/6.0.9-arch1-1/build'

I added a bug report

but I highly doubt anything will be done about it since r8169 driver support multiple devices and it technically works with 8125B chips (just slow)

Edited by m00nman

Hello, I have some problem when I use jellyfin with this plugin. Please help me.

My CPU is intel i3 10105 and I use itself intel gpu to transcode, but when I play a media, my cpu usage is high and my gpu usage is low, what lead to this?

image.thumb.png.dcc325b41adf9c7c1f7ebaa90d6747e6.png

This is my docker config

image.thumb.png.6a000b57642ad3c8e4a3635ea8f2f739.png

This is my plugin

image.thumb.png.07ed1b98ab411330478cf46f0aaac456.png

41 minutes ago, Jarao said:

but when I play a media, my cpu usage is high and my gpu usage is low, what lead to this?

This seems pretty normal to me since you don‘t have to forget that the audio needs to be transcoded too and since throttling doesn‘t work it is transcoded at full blast.

The load from the iGPU is also pretty normal.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This seems pretty normal to me since you don‘t have to forget that the audio needs to be transcoded too and since throttling doesn‘t work it is transcoded at full blast.

The load from the iGPU is also pretty normal.

Thanks for your reply! So there have any optimze suggestion?