[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

I've tried downloading mft package from Mellanox, then install it in unraid:

mft-4.23.0-104-x86_64-deb# ./install.sh 

But I get the following error:

-E- There are missing packages that are required for installation of MFT.
-I- You can install missing packages using: yum install gcc rpm-build make kernel-devel-5.19.17-Unraid

Any idea how to get it installed?

Would also be nice to have 'mft' utility to invoke 'mft status'.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

I have, but I'm trying to run the following command:

I can't add mlxburn because that's included in the proprietary MFT suit from Mellanox (now Nvidia), and this plugin is based on the open source Mellanox Firmware Tools so to speak "mstflint" and there is no package mlxburn in the open source version.

I would recommend that you type in "mst" in your terminal and press TAB twice, maybe this will also help:

mstvpd -h

4 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

I've tried downloading mft package from Mellanox, then install it in unraid:

You can't do that because that's a Debian package and Unraid is based on Slackware.

4 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

Would also be nice to have 'mft' utility to invoke 'mft status'.

There are not "mft" packages available, as said above these are all binaries from their proprietary suite and you can only use the "mst" commands.

Please see the GitHub where this package is based on: Click

7 hours ago, ricostuart said:

Is there a way of finding out what the error is and how to solve? I'd like to get the drivers installed so I can use the boot gui.

Try to start your system without GUI mode. Do you need GUI mode?

Maybe try to first do this from a Unraid console:

modprobe -v amdgpu

and post the output here.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I can't add mlxburn because that's included in the proprietary MFT suit from Mellanox (now Nvidia), and this plugin is based on the open source Mellanox Firmware Tools so to speak "mstflint" and there is no package mlxburn in the open source version.

I would recommend that you type in "mst" in your terminal and press TAB twice, maybe this will also help:

mstvpd -h

Bingo, that did it, I took a peak in /usr/bin/ and saw there are a bunch of mst utilities included.

The following command did the trick:

mstvpd -m c1:00.0>orig_vpd.txt

Much appreciated!

1 minute ago, shpitz461 said:

Much appreciated!

Nice that you've figured it out.

As said above I can only bundle the binaries which are available through the open source Mellanox Firmware Tools and not their closed source binaries because well, they are closed source...

mft* = closed source

mst* = open source

3 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

I took a peak in /usr/bin/ and saw there are a bunch of mst utilities included.

It is usually enough to type in "mst" in the terminal (without double quotes) and press TABULATOR on the keyboard twice to see all available commands.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Try to start your system without GUI mode. Do you need GUI mode?

Maybe try to first do this from a Unraid console:

modprobe -v amdgpu

and post the output here.

Hi ich77,

I've just tried this, and it just comes up blank.

I managed to get the plugin to install, so i removed it and reinstalled it as the info is a bit odd saying already have stuff installed?

unraid modprobe.png

radeon plugin.png

Edited by ricostuart
28 minutes ago, ricostuart said:

it as the info is a bit odd saying already have stuff installed?

Where does it say that things are already installed?

It only says that the Kernel module is already enabled.

You haven‘t still answered if you need to boot into GUI mode…

Are you also sure that you are on the latest BIOS version and everything up to date?

I see that you got a Nvidia card installed too in your server, maybe that causes issues in combination woth the iGPU.

From the Diagnostics that you‘ve posted earlier I see that the Kernel module is available but not enabled.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:09 AM, ich777 said:

Where does it say that things are already installed?

It only says that the Kernel module is already enabled.

You haven‘t still answered if you need to boot into GUI mode…

Are you also sure that you are on the latest BIOS version and everything up to date?

I see that you got a Nvidia card installed too in your server, maybe that causes issues in combination woth the iGPU.

From the Diagnostics that you‘ve posted earlier I see that the Kernel module is available but not enabled.

I would like to be able to boot into gui mode. I have an external monitor I want on the outside of my server cupboard which will show status of the server, home assistant, etc. But I dont want to take up the usage of my 1050ti as thats in use by emby docker for transcoding.

The server has its latest bios (as its a qnap unit, its an old bios date which I checked with qnap to confirm its the latest).

How do i enable the module?

26 minutes ago, ricostuart said:

But I dont want to take up the usage of my 1050ti as thats in use by emby docker for transcoding.

This won't affect the transcoding performance at all.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:38 AM, ricostuart said:

I've just tried this, and it just comes up blank.

This is just normal and you enable the module with that command usually.

I can only assume that it has something to do because it's a QNAP machine. Usually you even don't have to enable the module because this is handled by Unraid.

Can you set your primary graphics card in your BIOS? Have you yet tried if you get a output on your Nvidia card?

On 6.12.0-rc2 I'm getting

...@Tower:~# intel_gpu_top
intel_gpu_top: ../tools/intel_gpu_top.c:1932: init_engine_classes: Assertion `max >= 0' failed.
Aborted

...@Tower:~# intel_gpu_top -L
card1                    Intel Dg2 (Gen12)                 pci:vendor=8086,device=56A5,card=0
└─renderD129            
card0                    Intel Skylake (Gen9)              pci:vendor=8086,device=1912,card=0
└─renderD128         

I see others on the next branch getting this to work on this RC and with an Arc card just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I looked all around this thread and I'm having an issue finding a solution. I've installed the 

GPU Statistics and the Intel GPU TOP plugins. When I run the GPU Top command it recognizes my Intel GPU, but it gives no data back at all. I'm transferring files now and worried whatever is causing this might cause issues with Plex transcoding later.

Hardware: Terramaster T6-423

272614751_Screenshot2023-04-02093626.thumb.png.380d78db6f10aacc22ff123a4ccfe2e3.png

hopkimedia-diagnostics-20230402-0919.zip

1 hour ago, TechHut said:

When I run the GPU Top command it recognizes my Intel GPU, but it gives no data back at all.

Is your iGPU actually used by something?

If not values with zeros (0) aren‘t nothing because if nothing is using your iGPU it won‘t display anything higher than zero.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, OhAndy said:

so i installed the Realtek driver and it says for 2.5gbps I need to add to the 'go' file.

Please post your Diagnostics, what NIC are you using exactly?

The go file is located at /boot/config/

but I don‘t recommend editing the file if you don‘t know what you are doing…

This plugin is only meant for advanced users and if you are experiencing issues with the built in driver.

2 minutes ago, OhAndy said:

Realtek

Realtek in general are not the best when it comes to Linux and they are always behind with their drivers and not everything is working properly or better speaking not at full speed most of the times.

Is your USB NIC et0 (you can see that in the GUI), if yes then open up a terminal and execute this command:

ethtool -s eth0 autoneg on advertise 0x80000000002f

if not you have to change eth0 from the above command, with this you would be able to try the driver if it is working properly for you and your specific adapter.