[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

A little bit more information please... :D
Which version 6.8.x or 6.9.0beta25?

What did they update exactly (btw wanted to build also a new build for my server in a few minutes, will look into it). ;)

These should be the steps for flashing the Mellanox cards:

1. Download the firmware for you card: https://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware/connectx2en
  2. extract the binfile to your server lets say to one of your shares (in this example 'firmware')
  3. open up a terminal and got to the share that you've copied the firmware (in this example 'firmware'): 'cd /mnt/user/firmware'
  4. then type in: '/sbin/lspci -d 15b3:' and you should get something like:
  5. '07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)'
  6. then type in: 'mstflint -d 07:00.0 -i firmware.bin burn' (replace '07:00.0' with the device ID from the output from step 4 and also replace 'firmware.bin' with the name of the extracted binfile from step 2) this should start burning/flashing the firmware

(It's a little different since it's based on the open source files)

Have you also installed the Unraid-Kernel-Helper Plugin? Can you also send a screenshot from it?

EDIT: Opened a issue on Github because of this issue:

tar -C /usr/src/libnvidia-container/deps/src/nvidia-modprobe-396.51 --strip-components=1 -xz nvidia-modprobe-396.51/modprobe-utils
######################################################################### 100.0%curl: (28) Failed to connect to codeload.github.com port 443: Connection timed out

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/libnvidia-container/mk/nvidia-modprobe.mk:34: /usr/src/libnvidia-container/deps/src/nvidia-modprobe-396.51/.download_stamp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/libnvidia-container'
make: *** [Makefile:223: deps] Error 2

EDIT2: In the meantime I can send you my image, it's built with nVidia, Mellanox Tools, DigitalDevicesDVB and also iSCSI support.

EDIT3: I think Github has some problems with redirection, if I try the command multiple times it works everytime after the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

EDIT4: Everything is now working again, also please redownload or update the container since I've added a check for this to not happen again and also implemented multicore and better compression of the images itself.

I will try the firmware command again. I usually update firmwares on windows, which is a little different than linux.

I will try another Nvidia/Mellanox Unraid Beta build.

3 minutes ago, Dazog said:

I will try the firmware command again. I usually update firmwares on windows, which is a little different than linux.

I will try another Nvidia/Mellanox Unraid Beta build.

It's not that hard do it step by step and all is good. ;)

I usually also remove the bootrom since it makes the boot process a little faster. :)

I think it was an githubs end the redirection wasn't working for 2 or 3 hours properly.

Also please update the container since I've made a few modifications. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It's not that hard do it step by step and all is good. ;)

I usually also remove the bootrom since it makes the boot process a little faster. :)

I think it was an githubs end the redirection wasn't working for 2 or 3 hours properly.

Also please update the container since I've made a few modifications. 

I updated the container this time.

Learned my lesson last time ;)

Thanks again for looking into it.

My build is still building, will edit this post if/when successful.

No still fails :(

Edited by Dazog
11 minutes ago, Dazog said:

It appears the buiding of the Nvidia driver.

How can I capture a log?

f you set this to true in the template:

grafik.thumb.png.20d4166de158d104252a65cb994143bc.png

This is strange I've built 4 hours ago a version with nVidia for my server and it works just fine ;)

Are you sure that no process is using the graphics card at building the images?

11 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Firmware updating works with my Mellanox connectx-4

Nice

Here is your build, built just now and should work fine (the link works only for the next few hours). ;)

Click (Unraid v6.9.0beta25 nVidia & Mellanox builtin)

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

f you set this to true in the template:

grafik.thumb.png.20d4166de158d104252a65cb994143bc.png

This is strange I've built 4 hours ago a version with nVidia for my server and it works just fine ;)

Are you sure that no process is using the graphics card at building the images?

Nice

Here is your build, built just now and should work fine (the link works only for the next few hours). ;)

Click (Unraid v6.9.0beta25 nVidia & Mellanox builtin)

Ill build another with log enabled and send it to you via PM.

Thanks for the build for now ;)

I want to debug this error for you incase someone else get's it.

5 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Pm'd log.

Also I set LOG to TRUE 

and Clean up to FULL 

and it deletes the log :0

Maybe want to exclude .log files from being deleted if option for log is set to true ;)

Oh, yes, that's because when you implement things that wasn't planed in the first place. :D

Yes will change that in a future release.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Dazog

Your log says that something is using your graphics card - please make sure that you turn off all you docker containers and VM's and no process is using your graphics card (I can't do anything about that since the driver always checks if it's in use).

Hmm.. I will investigate.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, piotrasd said:

anyone have maybe builded beta25 with DVB tbsos ? and can share, thx

Which cards did you have?

I think the libreelec build should be fine.

EDIT: If you want I build you a image, only with the open source tbs drivers or something else too?

im always was using this package and always works on CHMB plugin

im building as well, now more looking into logs, im pretty sure there was some compilation issue or after compile didn't installed, I go through all modules installed and was look like stock only 

Edited by piotrasd
1 hour ago, piotrasd said:

im always was using this package and always works on CHMB plugin

This should work: Click

I'm missing a really big step in the tbsos build process... :D

Container will be updated shorty... Containers now updated and should now build properly. ;)

Please look in the firmware folder if everything is in there - not the modules!

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...