[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

I think I got it.  Looks like it was just stuck on the display of the log.  I closed the window and saw the docker had stopped, and the log said it was completed.  I will try the "new" method, with the stock beta35 and the plugins.  If that doesn't work I'll use this new build it made.

I don't need anything special other than Nvidia and DVB, both for Plex.

32 minutes ago, giganode said:

I'm asking myself if you could add gnifs new vendor reset for AMD GPUs???

Theoreticaly yes, but for what is that needed (sorry for the stupid question, I'm not too familar with AMD GPU's).

30 minutes ago, hansolo77 said:

I will try the "new" method, with the stock beta35 and the plugins.

Please report back if everything went smoothly, may I ask which DVB cards do you have?

4 hours ago, Crazywatermelon said:

I setup an iSCSI target, created a fileIO volume and get everything setup however after reboot all the settings were wiped out. The FileIO still exists, is there a way to re-map it to the iSCSI target?

Yes I also experienced that bug... Actually this is becaus I changed something before the release fo this plugin... :P

@SimonF and @Joedy working on a better frontend than mine, I will integrate it soon in the plugin, eventually this or next week.

Yes, take the usual steps to assign it to the target. If the FileIO volume exists in the config then you don't have to create it and you can skip this step.

If you want to save the config, you have to do this manually. Simply open up a terminal from Unraid itself (in the upper right corner) and type in 'targetcli saveconfig' this should save the config to your USB Boot drive.

Sorry for the inconvenience... That's why I marked it as beta but nothing breaking iSCSI itself.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes I also experienced that bug... Actually this is becaus I changed something before the release fo this plugin... :P

@SimonF and @Joedy working on a better frontend than mine, I will integrate it soon in the plugin, eventually this or next week.

Yes, take the usual steps to assign it to the target. If the FileIO volume exists in the config then you don't have to create it and you can skip this step.

If you want to save the config, you have to do this manually. Simply open up a terminal from Unraid itself (in the upper right corner) and type in 'targetcli saveconfig' this should save the config to your USB Boot drive.

Sorry for the inconvenience... That's why I marked it as beta but nothing breaking iSCSI itself.

Thank you. One small note performing the saveconfig did not for whatever reason save the config in a location that persists through boot but I was able to back up the config to another location and use targetctl restore to restore it. Minor hiccup nothing major. Thank you again.

7 hours ago, Crazywatermelon said:

Thank you. One small note performing the saveconfig did not for whatever reason save the config in a location that persists through boot but I was able to back up the config to another location and use targetctl restore to restore it. Minor hiccup nothing major. Thank you again.

Yep it saves the location to another location but that location is linked to your USB flash boot device and should persist a reboot. ;)

On 11/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, ich777 said:

Theoreticaly yes, but for what is that needed (sorry for the stupid question, I'm not too familar with AMD GPU's).

For example RX5000 series Navi GPUs suffer a reset bug when passed trough to vms. They basically get stuck in an unrecoverable state. This leads to a vm not starting/crashing. While AMD solved that problem for RX6000 Big Navi series, as reported by gnif and Level1Techs, this bug goes back to polaris gpus afaik. So this would help many users of AMD gpus a lot.

6 minutes ago, giganode said:

For example RX5000 series Navi GPUs suffer a reset bug when passed trough to vms. They basically get stuck in an unrecoverable state. This leads to a vm not starting/crashing. While AMD solved that problem for RX6000 Big Navi series, as reported by gnif and Level1Techs, this bug goes back to polaris gpus afaik. So this would help many users of AMD gpus a lot.

I will have to take a look at this, but I have many projects at the time and have to fix/change some things in certain containers. ;)

EDIT: Is it enough to integrate it into the 6.9.0 branch?

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will have to take a look at this, but I have many projects at the time and have to fix/change some things in certain containers. ;)

EDIT: Is it enough to integrate it into the 6.9.0 branch?

ATM I'm using 6.9.0-beta1, every step is appreciated in this direction as it is for all of us. Take your time, I stay on my current version until either the community or unraid itself gets this implemented. BTW, thank you for your provided containers 🙋‍♂️

Edited by giganode
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, giganode said:

ATM I'm using 6.9.0-beta1, every step is appreciated in this direction as it is for all of us. Take your time, I stay on my current version until either the community or unraid itself gets this implemented. BTW, thank you for your provided containers 🙋‍♂️

I think this is doable but be aware that someone posted already an Github issue that this doesn't work on Kernel 5.8> with an 5700XT...

Unraid 5.9.0beta35 is already on Kernel version 5.8.18 and will be upgraded to 5.9.x

EDIT: Forget to include the link to the Github issue.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think this is doable but be aware that someone posted already an Github issue that this doesn't work on Kernel 5.8> with an 5700XT...

Unraid 5.9.0beta35 is already on Kernel version 5.8.18 and will be upgraded to 5.9.x

EDIT: Forget to include the link to the Github issue.

Thank you for sharing that link. I added a question to that thread.. There maybe could be a specific problem with non reference cards or something like that. At least I hope that 🙈 

"Doable" sounds pretty good to me 🤪 Have a nice weekend!!!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, giganode said:

Just to keep everyone updated. Recently, gnif answered to this issue and stated that their first focus has been on Polaris and Vega cards. So I think this should get fixed relatively quickly 😏

Will have a look at this after the weekend... ;)

• Like 1

Hi team,

Wondering if anyone has successfully compiled beta 35 with nvidia and tbsos drivers.  I have tried several times and can only get beta29 to compile.  beta30 and beta35 all have issues with tbsos.  I also noticed there are newer drivers from the tbs website.  I did try and download and add to a custom build even using the same filenames as the older ones but simply doesn't compile for me.

50 minutes ago, Wingede said:

team

Team? :D

50 minutes ago, Wingede said:

Wondering if anyone has successfully compiled beta 35 with nvidia and tbsos drivers. 

Why would you do this? I already released a plugin so that you don't have to create images with this container (simply follow the steps and it should all work, released also TBS-OS drivers a few days back).

52 minutes ago, Wingede said:

I did try and download and add to a custom build even using the same filenames as the older ones but simply doesn't compile for me.

For the TBS-OS drivers I have to redo the container a little bit, but this have to wait since you now can install mostly all of the 'addons' through plugins in the CA App (iSCSI, DVB Drivers, Nvidia, MellanoxFirmwareTools).

Thanks for the quick reply.  No, the only reason I wanted to do it this way is because my server is down in the basement (do to temp and noise) and my HTPC is in my living room where it is very easy to change discs.  I was thinking that it would be nice, but I can just as easily rip the files to my HTPC and then transfer them to Unraid.

23 minutes ago, 00Squat said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  No, the only reason I wanted to do it this way is because my server is down in the basement (do to temp and noise) and my HTPC is in my living room where it is very easy to change discs.  I was thinking that it would be nice, but I can just as easily rip the files to my HTPC and then transfer them to Unraid.

You easily can rip them to a mounted network drive or a smb share that should also work fine too and mount that path directly into the container. ;)

Or you could also share your drive as a smb share and mount it via Unassigned Devices on the server and mount it to the Container that should theoretically also work.

4 minutes ago, DaFr0n said:

Has anyone managed to get iSCSI Target working?

I get a Authorization Error in windows, however don't be believe there is any auth set during iSCSI creation?

unRAID Beta35

Yes, works flawlessly, what have you done so far? The exact steps please.

I think you have copied over the wrong Initiator identification.

(I don't implemented any auth yet to the plugin itself)

Also how did you connect to Unraid

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, works flawlessly, what have you done so far? The exact steps please.

I think you have copied over the wrong Initiator identification.

(I don't implemented any auth yet to the plugin itself)

Also how did you connect to Unraid

Create IQN

Create Volume

Create LUNS

Create ACL

***EDIT*** Thanks @ich777 i have now fixed the issue, i was creating a custom acl name, reset WIN10 to default and used that for the ACL initiator. Connected without issues :)

Cheers

Edited by DaFr0n
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, DaFr0n said:

Create ACL

| o- acls .......................................................................................................... [ACLs: 0]

The mapping is missing it has to be something like this:

| o- acls .......................................................................................................... [ACLs: 1]
| | o- iqn.9999-00.com.microsoft:desktop-0abcdef ............................................................ [Mapped LUNs: 1]

Are you sure that you choosen the FileIO or Volume and entered the IQN from the desktop that you want to connect to the Target and clicked on Create ACL?

• Thanks 1
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...